Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

does mastery rank matter on riven?

Kaitoru

Just now, XAJM said:

Some Rivens have MR requirements.

I have seen MR14 as top if i remember correctly.

So yes, depending on the specific riven.

Just now, Magicfingers said:

yes, i believe so

how so? i know its a requirement but does it effect the riven stats?

6 minutes ago, Kaitoru said:

thank you thats all i needed to know

Yep thats right. No stats, thats all RNG.

MR only to be able to use some.

I just sell all rivens, 30p unveiled. Not worth the hazzle. And ill make 200p today by selling the one i get from the quest.

I could be wrong, but I dont think the game will unveil a riven for you that is higher than your current mastery. It is also my experience, which goes hand in hand with the above, is that higher MR players tend to unlock higher mastery rank rivens. And I think 18 is the current cap, but I could be wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Wrum said:

pretty sure i have a mr18 one

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I could be wrong, but I dont think the game will unveil a riven for you that is higher than your current mastery. It is also my experience, which goes hand in hand with the above, is that higher MR players tend to unlock higher mastery rank rivens. And I think 18 is the current cap, but I could be wrong. 

MR 16 it's max. 

• Currently, the lowest Mastery Rank requirement to equip a Riven mod is 8, and the highest is 16. Making the players who have Mastery Rank above or equal to 16 able to equip any Riven mods regardless its Mastery Rank requirement.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Riven_Mods

2 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

MR 16 it's max. 

• Currently, the lowest Mastery Rank requirement to equip a Riven mod is 8, and the highest is 16. Making the players who have Mastery Rank above or equal to 16 able to equip any Riven mods regardless its Mastery Rank requirement.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Riven_Mods

Where does it say it in there? I was looking through but couldn't find it. I feel like I'm crazy then... because I would swear I have seen them as high as MR18 in game. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

Where does it say it in there? I was looking through but couldn't find it. I feel like I'm crazy then... because I would swear I have seen them as high as MR18 in game. 

Bottom of Notes section. I've seen a few hundred rivens since they were released, I`ve never seen one  with a MR18 requirement. It might be a bug, or extremely, extremely rare, so much so that even the wiki guys don't know about them. 

Just now, aligatorno said:

Bottom of Notes section. I've seen a few hundred rivens since they were released, I`ve never seen one  with a MR18 requirement. It might be a bug, or extremely, extremely rare, so much so that even the wiki guys don't know about them. 

Perhaps their were MR18's at first and DE stopped allowing them that high at some point, but left the ones that were already there, kind of like taxon rivens? Idk. 

Or perhaps that part in the notes was only updated early on, and hasn't been updated since? Idk, I swear I've seen a bunch of them, but I could also be totally misremembering and really only seen a couple or none. 

Memory is fragile thing. 

6 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

My first unveiled riven was above my MR at the time.