Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Drop Rates Data

[DE]Rebecca

On 4/2/2018 at 1:09 AM, KingMarth said:

Requesting that War Blade and War Hilt be added back to the drop table listing.

They are back.

20 hours ago, Spaceotter1203 said:

Creating a .csv of each section myself so that I may create a local SQL database to query different information on the fly while in game. This information is greatly appreciated. Foo foo the naysayers. :)

I ended up standing up a simple api for people to use to grab formatted sections of the drop data. https://api.warframestat.us/drops/ mirrors a formatted version of https://drops.warframestat.us/data/all.json if that's something you're into.

(another dev friend made the drops.warframestat.us site, i just provide the hostname. I can't take credit for that.)

Edited by Tobiah
credit where credit is due

On 4/18/2018 at 1:08 PM, Tobiah said:

I ended up standing up a simple api for people to use to grab formatted sections of the drop data. https://api.warframestat.us/drops/ mirrors a formatted version of https://drops.warframestat.us/data/all.json if that's something you're into.

(another dev friend made the drops.warframestat.us site, i just provide the hostname. I can't take credit for that.)

Nice! Thank you!

On 4/5/2018 at 10:42 AM, CroqueMortTime said:

Hi guys,

Could you put somewhere on the drop page (ideally near the top I guess ^^ ) the date at which you change it and also the update it is synced to ?

That would be helpful to see when we need to update the database on the wikia for example ;)

It would look like this probably

Reveal hidden contents

[...]

Thank you for playing Warframe.

Uptaded on March 28th 2018, Update 22.17.0

Table of Contents:

[...]

Thanks ! :)

There's a header on the page, "last-modified" that seems to be an accurate representation of when the page was last modified. Now all you need to do is cross-reference it to see if there's a version number associated with it.

At the time of writing, the header is set to "Fri, 20 Apr 2018 14:29:31 GMT" (1524234571000) which corresponds to the rough release time of update 22.18. Pretty much what you'd want to do is pick the closest matching update and you should be good to go.

...of course, there could be a random page update in case of an exploit fix, for example, but that could be solved by only adding the update name when the update has occurred on the same date.

On 2017-06-28 at 5:34 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

This list can be discussed here in this thread.

Please add a "Last generated" date to the page text.  It's important people can see both that the list is up-to-date and precisely when it was last generated, on the off chance something has changed since.  This is a necessity, both for reassurance and for transparency (ie, it demonstrates commitment and that the updates are still happening, as previously promised).

It would also be cool to include a "Last changed" date, for the last time anything in the tables actually changed.

Your automated tool won't have any problem with either of these.

Edited by TyrianMollusk

• 4 weeks later...

On 2018-05-06 at 8:42 PM, TyrianMollusk said:

Please add a "Last generated" date to the page text.  It's important people can see both that the list is up-to-date and precisely when it was last generated, on the off chance something has changed since.  This is a necessity, both for reassurance and for transparency (ie, it demonstrates commitment and that the updates are still happening, as previously promised).

It would also be cool to include a "Last changed" date, for the last time anything in the tables actually changed.

what this guy says ^^

I have been running a few nightmare missions and am not getting the expected rewards as shown in the table for rotation C nightmare missions. The table is out of date in some areas I suspect

Edited by beercritch

On 2018-05-06 at 9:42 PM, TyrianMollusk said:

9 hours ago, beercritch said:

what this guy says ^^

I have been running a few nightmare missions and am not getting the expected rewards as shown in the table for rotation C nightmare missions. The table is out of date in some areas I suspect

This is already a thing. The response header "last-modified" does exactly this, although it's not actually in text form on the page. This should be easy to retrieve however. I've hinted at this in an earlier post.

On 2018-05-05 at 11:27 AM, NattyMan0007 said:

@[DE]Rebecca can we get the data serialized as JSON? Would make parsing it easier if we want to use this data elsewhere

Thanks 🙂

There's a community project that aims to do just this for you. See: https://github.com/WFCD/warframe-drop-data

Edited by WFCD

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:08 PM, Tobiah said:

Thanks, I shall investigate this (coincidentally, I started designing and building a (Kimball) DW for all these data just this weekend with SSIS to amend dimensions and facts but wasn't looking forward to potentially keying data...).

7 hours ago, Am0rph15 said:

Thanks, I shall investigate this (coincidentally, I started designing and building a (Kimball) DW for all these data just this weekend with SSIS to amend dimensions and facts but wasn't looking forward to potentially keying data...).

I hope it helps you out.

On 2018-05-29 at 6:37 AM, WFCD said:

The response header "last-modified" does exactly this, although it's not actually in text form on the page.

No, it does not do the same thing.  That is the equivalent of a last modified date in your file system and is used so your browser can properly manage cache vs new versions.  You could copy over an identical copy of the file and it will get a new date, but that does not tell us anything about when the data was extracted from the build/source.  We should see both when the data was genuinely extracted and when it last actually changed.  Header dates are irrelevant to either of these unless they are carefully setting the date that header reads from, in which case there's no reason not to include it in the actual person-visible data.

People are not supposed to have to examine headers to get basic information, even if that information were genuinely useful, which it is not.

1 hour ago, TyrianMollusk said:

No, it does not do the same thing.  That is the equivalent of a last modified date in your file system and is used so your browser can properly manage cache vs new versions.  You could copy over an identical copy of the file and it will get a new date, but that does not tell us anything about when the data was extracted from the build/source.  We should see both when the data was genuinely extracted and when it last actually changed.  Header dates are irrelevant to either of these unless they are carefully setting the date that header reads from, in which case there's no reason not to include it in the actual person-visible data.

People are not supposed to have to examine headers to get basic information, even if that information were genuinely useful, which it is not.

It has nothing to do with client-sided cache, apart from validation. It is supplied by the server itself, meaning it's consistent, and it denotes when it believes the page to have been last modified. Which is reliable enough in this case, and has been for a while.

It's a response header, it is independent of browser (or other implementation) and "just so happens" to almost exactly match the last update time. Good enough for what we're getting. :clem:

I agree that people shouldn't have to examine headers to get information, but then again, people shouldn't have to parse a HTML <table> element to get meaningful data. Sadly, it seems we can't have everything we want.

Edited by WFCD
Clarified and get rid of passive :clem:.

3 hours ago, WFCD said:

It has nothing to do with client-sided cache, apart from validation. It is supplied by the server itself, meaning it's consistent, and it denotes when it believes the page to have been last modified. Which is reliable enough in this case, and has been for a while.

I said it was used to know if the cache was out of date.  Of course it's supplied by the server, and it denotes nothing except when the server's filesystem says the file has something done to it or was created.

If DE generated the file monthly, and a script uploaded the file daily, the "last modified" date would only be right once a month, regardless of any actual changes to the file or drop tables.  If DE generates the table, then updates the game with new drop tables, then uploads the old file, it will be dated after the change but have data from before the change.  The header date is simply not a useful piece of information.  It's utility depends entirely on chance in how DE uploads the file.  The right thing to do is to honestly include the relevant dates in the generation process, because they are part of the data.

This is completely trivial for them to do, and a basic bit of honesty in what they are saying is specifically intended to be an open and honest process.  Arguing against it is pointless and ridiculous.  Server headers are not content.  They are for reference by the browser and the server, not for users, and even if they do happen to coincide with the intended information sometimes, they have no meaning.

• 1 month later...

There may be several mistakes in the list, but i saw one trying to see where you could get Shell Shock on Eris with the caches. There are 5 missions in the list when only one exists : Eris/Naeglar.

The list of the missions that are still there and don't exist anymore :

• Eris/Candiru
  • Eris/Lepis
  • Eris/Psoro
  • Eris/Viver
Edited by Harestation