Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Drop Rates Data

[DE]Rebecca

2 hours ago, FelisImpurrator said:

Sounds like an honest question to me. Of course they want to know if anyone else has done this to such an extent, it's basically entirely uncharted territory by game dev standards. Many people have, also, made claims that "lots of games do this" but never listed examples and fell silent when asked, so if that's true it would certainly be in DE's interest to know.

i was more drawn to the way the message began. but, i mean... they get a lot of flack from the community about literally all things warframe so imo, theyre entitled to a bit. i was just curious if i was misreading some tone or not. we probably deserve a bit. 

also, tone is lost over text often enough so how i was reading the emphasis on free was probably just misguided guilt. 

22 minutes ago, FoxyKabam said:

so far yours are worse, to be honest   (you haven't given any)

Seriously? I wasn't trying to give an example, as that wasn't the point of my post. Just wanted to get that out of the way first because it seemed as if your argument against me saying your examples aren't good is that I'm worse for not giving any. Which, by the way, doesn't change the fact that your examples aren't good.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

27 minutes ago, FoxyKabam said:

That'd be because it's a loaded question imo, free-to-plays are a business they don't want you to know drop-rates in game, they want you to give up and just buy the item. in other cases its counter productive to fight data miners, instead of working around them

Even if it's a loaded question. They still have a point, as they are one of the few companies to do this. I can't think of any off the top of my head. And you have a point. It very much "could" be counter productive depending on the game, but that isn't always the case. And depending on what gets data mined it's important for companies to fight against data miners.

35 minutes ago, FoxyKabam said:

in a way they didn't, DE revoked void glitches DC privileges because of his data mining; it seems more that DE had bigger things to worry about throughout those "free" years though that has recently changed, but we could speculate about that all day and get nowhere

They very much did, actually. For years they simply overlooked the fact that people data mined even though it was against their EULA. It was because of certain things that were data mined by Void Glitches ended up being hacked into the game by some players (Excal Umbra and Primed Streamline as an example) They couldn't really overlook it any longer after that. They were clearly (or at the very least, more than likely) fine with people knowing the drop rates and locations of items. Things just went a little too far.

1 hour ago, KYLoooo said:

Is there a chance we can get the some data on weapon dispositions?

for me at least, before any of the hot fixes, having a veiled melee riven allowed me to see the disposition on all my melee (that i checked) in the upgrade screen (since you can equip a veiled riven on any of that weapon class - primary secondary melee shotty)

that might help till they do add it in otherwise

"This is automatically generated from our internal data but this data comes with no guarantees..."

(used quotations rather than add to the flood of "You were quoted by" notifications I'm sure Rebecca already receives.)

Anyway.  No guarantees, eh?  So this is supposed to represent DE's "new standard of transparency?"  Does it still count as "transparency" when it doesn't come with a guarantee of transparency?  I wonder if the drop rate for transparency is listed on the website...

"...do not expect it to be comprehensive for how complex the game is."

Again, does it still count as "transparency" when it isn't comprehensive?  And what bearing does game complexity have on publishing drop rate information?  Surely Sheldon must have a hard copy of all the drop rates somewhere?  Put them up on Google Docs and just skip this whole "automated process"  that apparently isn't always automated.

I know I'm being a bit snide here, but when DE makes an official statement trumpeting their desire to get all transparent with the community and then delivers a website with a "some assembly required" disclaimer attached to it, I have a hard time believing their sincerity or their commitment to transparency.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)super_sayene_4 said:

riven mod---> (rare 6.79%)  anasa sculpture (uncommon 28%) euh what?! are you kidding me ? that is why i have passed 1 monthe without 1 riven in sortie and you said they were uncommon thank you DE

You do realize that there are 4 types of riven mods right?

Edited by KIREEK

4 hours ago, Kthal said:

I note a lot of mods seemingly have incorrect drop rate rarities listed. (Based on drop chance, not mod rarity)

For example:

Crewman Mod Drop Chance: 3.00%
  Fury Rare (7.37%)
  No Return Rare (7.37%)
  Ammo Drum Uncommon (25.29%)
  Reach Uncommon (25.29%)
  Reaping Spiral Rare (7.37%)
  Endo Uncommon (27.30%)

In this case, the pool should have Fury, No Return, and Endo as Uncommon, Reach and Ammo Drum as Common. In addition, Endo is being grouped as uncommon when it should be both common + rare, 25.29% and 2.01% respectively.

because it is only ENDO not 15 Endo. 50 Endo or 80 Endo .. only Endo and all Endo together are 27.30% chance

I dont know why DE do it so but is correct  .. (this is by all enemys are drop Endo, all Endo Chance are together)..:clem:

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:34 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Our free players can earn the game's content, and our paying players who support us with purchases usually get first dibs on the content by using Platinum (which can be traded to free players)!

This is why Warframe is a such a great game in my opinion.

@[DE]Rebecca

DE's site with the drop tables is more comprehensive than what we had before.

It's nice to finally see the drop rates for Xiphos parts.  Due to the fact that the Reactor Sabotage Cache drop tables aren't stored locally, the dataminers were never able to give us this info.

That's what the goal should be: not just to equal the level of information that the dataminers used to provide, but to exceed it.  And it's starting to happen.  Thanks DE!

4 hours ago, KIREEK said:

You do realize that there are 4 types of riven mods right?

It's actually just the RIFLE riven mod that's 6.79%.
If you look, pistol is 7.61%, and melee is 9.14%, but shotgun is still 1.36% which is completely bonkers.

But that still means the combined value of riven mods is 24.9%, vs the 28.00% of an anasa ayatan sculpture, so it's STILL not equal like DE has assured us it is repeatedly on devstreams and prime time. And honestly, it feels like a bit of a slap in the face. because it feels like it's under a mask of "well, we never said that ALL the riven mods had the same chance of success to appear. You just inferred that from us saying that 'riven mods are just as common as ayatan sculptures'! So if you're upset, just remember, we didn't lie, you just jumped to conclusions."

This is awesome!  :-)  Thanks for all of the hard work / info!  This is definitely something that I personally have never, ever seen done to this extent before for a video game by it's developers..... ever.  Really cool stuff :-)

I don't think that if something has less than a 1% drop rate that I will even reference these much honestly.  I would rather just get a feel for what is extremely rare as I play.  (Just personal preference!)  -- However, I think this is a super cool move on DE's part!  Transparency for the win!  :-)

I would assume that console players will be able to look at this and get a pretty good idea of the drop tables for our build unless mods are moved around or added / something changes drastically from build to build.  I'm also assuming that all relic tables would be the exact same since we stay with PC as far as Prime Access etc... is concerned? 

^^  -- (I'm not asking anyone in particular.  I'm just thinking outloud / food for thought)! 

EDIT:

Lol!  What in the world is an Omni Ammo Box with a beyond legendary drop rate in the capture missions?  I have never seen one of these before!?  :-)

Something that was just added in the Harrow update perhaps?  "looks at patch notes"

Data would be more use as plain text CSV, for the sake of those using it as input for scripts (like the wiki editors), and to let other 3rd party sites format it as they see fit.  A 2nd formatted page, like you currently have, could be generated from the same CSV data.

Edited by polarity

Just now, polarity said:

Data would be more use as plain text CSV, for the sake of those using it as input for scripts (like the wiki editors), and to let other 3rd party sites format it as they see fit.  A 2nd formatted page, like you currently have could be generated from the same CSV data.

This would be indeed very usefull.

On 28/06/2017 at 10:34 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hello Tenno!

Here you will find a new Warframe resource: https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html

First you'll want to make note of the Disclaimer:

This list represents data and drops from the PC version of the Free-to-play game Warframe.

Thank you for this. Please can you provide us with the tables for Xbox and PS4 as I've noticed them being different in the past? I got the same relic 4 times in a row at Mercury Lares last week which is very unlikely from the PC table and I want to check the Xbox one! Thanks :)

10 hours ago, PookieNumnums said:

for me at least, before any of the hot fixes, having a veiled melee riven allowed me to see the disposition on all my melee (that i checked) in the upgrade screen (since you can equip a veiled riven on any of that weapon class - primary secondary melee shotty)

that might help till they do add it in otherwise

I want numbers not 3 points of 5 points or whatever.