Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Drop Rates Data

[DE]Rebecca

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-06-28 at 10:34 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hello Tenno!

Here you will find a new Warframe resource: https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html

First you'll want to make note of the Disclaimer:

This list represents data and drops from the PC version of the Free-to-play game Warframe.
That's right - Warframe is free! Which means our drop system is designed to maintain a balance. Our free players can earn the game's content, and our paying players who support us with purchases usually get first dibs on the content by using Platinum (which can be traded to free players)!
As far as we can tell... we are the first developers to post something quite like this - correct us if we're wrong! Let's hope it works out for us and we may start a trend.

This is automatically generated from our internal data but this data comes with no guarantees -- do not expect it to be comprehensive for how complex the game is.
This list will be maintained by an automated process combined with manual publishing with Updates (not all Hotfixes). We update often and new game systems may or may not be covered here.
This list can be discussed here in this thread. Know a free-to-play game that provides official drop rates in a different way? We'd love to know.

Thank you for playing Warframe.

The drop rate for scintillant is incredibly rare, it's non-existent on tier one bounties it's definitely not a common drop and as for the vaults after about 20 maybe 30 runs in I've still yet to receive a drop which is a huge shame considering I've bought a resource booster. Please could you look into this? 

• Like 1

Apparently Steve Twitted they are looking at Scintillant after iFlynn complained as well ... 

as for drop table, @[DE]Rebecca - I wanted to remind you what you wrote in the FIRST comment in here

On 2017-06-28 at 10:34 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

This list will be maintained by an automated process combined with manual publishing with Updates (not all Hotfixes)

this table was supposed to be up to date with every updates yet we are still missing Deimos Bounties

• Like 4

Gonna be frank here, between the huge delay when updates/hot-fixes come out to the fact that some things aren't even included... this isn't the same level of accountability we were promised when these drop tables were introduced.

in a few weeks when it turns out the bounty Scintillant drop rates had one or two too many zeroes and it gets fixed before the bounty drop rates are even put on the drop tables, it's going to raise more concerns than it fixes. I can't honestly say that these drop tables have caused anything to be fixed. That's some honest food for thought for all you folks involved as well as the community.

• Like 5

I totally understand some level of delay, but the fact that the original 29.0 update (three days ago) has this: IKi2Krb.png

In it, coupled with the mess that is scintillant, makes me just sad. Please update your tables, thanks!

• Like 4

On 2017-06-28 at 5:34 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hello Tenno!

Here you will find a new Warframe resource: https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html

First you'll want to make note of the Disclaimer:

This list represents data and drops from the PC version of the Free-to-play game Warframe.
That's right - Warframe is free! Which means our drop system is designed to maintain a balance. Our free players can earn the game's content, and our paying players who support us with purchases usually get first dibs on the content by using Platinum (which can be traded to free players)!
As far as we can tell... we are the first developers to post something quite like this - correct us if we're wrong! Let's hope it works out for us and we may start a trend.

This is automatically generated from our internal data but this data comes with no guarantees -- do not expect it to be comprehensive for how complex the game is.
This list will be maintained by an automated process combined with manual publishing with Updates (not all Hotfixes). We update often and new game systems may or may not be covered here.
This list can be discussed here in this thread. Know a free-to-play game that provides official drop rates in a different way? We'd love to know.

Thank you for playing Warframe.

Can we get this updated to reflect the T1-3 Isolation Vault Drops? Like the Damaged Necramech Weapon Receiver? 

• Like 3

The way bounty drops are displayed currently is a bit poor; an item shouldn't be listed as common just because it is rolled as a common reward. This causes confusion and is basically the whole basis of this Scintillant issue. It would be far better to represent bounty drops by their direct percentages, or at least, by the chances of the player obtaining the reward at least once in a full bounty.

In a 3 stage T2 Drift Bounty, Scintillant is listed as a common reward, but it actually has the lowest chance of dropping at least once in a full 3 stage run (in a 2 stage run, Scintillant is only the second rarest drop, after Xaku Neuroptics).

Spoiler

The chance of an item dropping at least once in a bounty is 1 minus the product of the chance that a particular drop does NOT drop in each stage.

For Scintillant in T2 bounties, that chance is 1 - (1 - 7.5%) (1 - 3.75%) (1 - 0%) = 10.97%.

This, in comparison to other common rewards such as Endo,

1 - (1 - 45%) (1 - 22.5%) (1 - 0%) = 57.38%,

and even uncommon and rare rewards like Meso D5 relics and Nano Applicators,

Meso D5 : 1 - (1 - 0) (1 - 25%) (1 - 33.33%) = 50%

Nano App : 1 - (1 - 0) (1 - 0) (1 - 33.33%) = 33%,

is the lowest chance of acquiring in the bounty.

When only taking into account the first 2 stages, then Scintillant isn't the rarest drop, Xaku Neuroptics are, but the fact that Xaku Neuroptics are only behind by 3.47%, and exceed Scintillant by 5.78% after 3 stages makes this negligible.

When basing rarity on this system, bounty rewards from most common to rarest are :

1. Endo (57.38%)
  2. Meso D5 Relic (50%)
  3. Rare Mod Reward (33.33%)
  4. Either Lens (24.72%)
  5. Either Uncommon Mod (19.4%)
  6. Common Mod Reward (17.97%)
  7. Xaku Neuroptics (16.75%)
  8. Scintillant (10.97%)

Representing bounty rewards like this would clear up confusion regarding the low drop rate of "Common" rewards. Although seeing a Common Mod in the Uncommon reward list would be a bit strange, at least never seeing a "Common" reward would make sense.

People wouldn't complain as much about Scintillant if it was listed as a Rare reward. When I started thinking of it as a rare reward, the grind become far less annoying than it had been before I looked at the drop tables. This is especially irritating because, looking at the drop tables for the prior two open world areas, the bounty rewards were far more balanced for each rarity. HOD seems to be an outlier, where the listed reward rarity seems entirely unrelated to the actual drop chance.

TL;DR : Scintillant rare, rare mod not

Edited by Jiro-Ko
  • Like 3

Would love to see the relics dropped from the Deimos vault bounties all together.. or at least one relic per stage/rarity. And add the Necramech mods instead

As well as on Necraloid store... or something there to make it worth going back once you standing is maxed and caped.

There are just so many other places  to farm relics  But vaults at the moment are the only place to get Necramech mods and only 6 chances per a full 3 stage run

This doesnt feel like progression as much as it feels like pulling a slot machine arm.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there !

New Deimos Arcana Isovault bounties were added to the drop table (thanks !) but I kinda suspect it is not in the right form... :)

they appear with the same format as Isovault bounties (so 1 "Final Stage" reward pool per bounty) ... However they play like a regular bounty with a reward at every stage...  so I guess we should have a table with something like that :

Level 30 - 40 Arcana Isolation Vault (Tier 1)
Rotation A
    Stage 1
        smthg smthg X%
    Stage 2, Stage 3 of 4, and Stage 3 of 5
        smthg smthg X%
    Stage 4 of 5
         smthg smthg X%
    Final Stage
        smthg smthg X%

with the drops having different % depending on their rarity... and the same things for Tiers 2 and 3

right now, I guess the droptable shows the common rewards from tier1, the uncommon rewards from tier2 and the rare rewards from tier3 ... am I correct ?

cheers !

EDIT : looks ok now, thanks !

Edited by CroqueMortTime

On 2020-11-20 at 11:27 PM, CroqueMortTime said:

Hello there !

New Deimos Arcana Isovault bounties were added to the drop table (thanks !) but I kinda suspect it is not in the right form... :)

they appear with the same format as Isovault bounties (so 1 "Final Stage" reward pool per bounty) ... However they play like a regular bounty with a reward at every stage...  so I guess we should have a table with something like that :

Level 30 - 40 Arcana Isolation Vault (Tier 1)
Rotation A
    Stage 1
        smthg smthg X%
        smthg smthg X%
    Stage 4 of 5
         smthg smthg X%
    Final Stage
        smthg smthg X%

with the drops having different % depending on their rarity... and the same things for Tiers 2 and 3

right now, I guess the droptable shows the common rewards from tier1, the uncommon rewards from tier2 and the rare rewards from tier3 ... am I correct ?

cheers !

EDIT : looks ok now, thanks !

I am a bit confused with the 5th (and/or final?) stage. The bounty only has 4 stages. What is the 5th one supposed to be?

Edited by 60framespersecond

Il y a 2 heures, 60framespersecond a dit :

I am a bit confused with the 5th (and/or final?) stage. The bounty only has 4 stages. What is the 5th one supposed to be?

it is a general scheme for all bounties, independently of the number of stages : that is why it states "stage 4 of 5" and not just "stage 4"... for a 4 stage bounty you will have "stage 1", "stage 2", "stage 3 of 4" (which is the same as stage 2) and "final stage"

more in depth explanation : rewards are divided into common, uncommon and rare rewards... each stage pick a reward into each pool according to this :

Stage 1
        commmon rewards
        commmon and uncommon rewards
    Stage 4 of 5
         commmon, uncommon and rare rewards
    Final Stage
        uncommon and rare rewards

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CroqueMortTime said:

it is a general scheme for all bounties, independently of the number of stages : that is why it states "stage 4 of 5" and not just "stage 4"... for a 4 stage bounty you will have "stage 1", "stage 2", "stage 3 of 4" (which is the same as stage 2) and "final stage"

more in depth explanation : rewards are divided into common, uncommon and rare rewards... each stage pick a reward into each pool according to this :

Stage 1
        commmon rewards
        commmon and uncommon rewards
    Stage 4 of 5
         commmon, uncommon and rare rewards
    Final Stage
        uncommon and rare rewards

Thanks for the explanation, so if I understand correctly, the Stage 4 of 5 is just some automatically generated table with no meaning for the Arcana Vault bounties?

Another thing I am unsure about is the meaning of rarity. So take once again the example of the Arcana Vault bounty, Lvl 50-60, where the final stage has an uncommon drop of 10% for the Sporothrix Stock. Considering that you roll twice on the final stage when you complete all bonus objective, I find it very strange that I haven't seen it once by now, but already have 3 BP since the hotfix, 6 receivers and 2 barrels. The prices on wf.market confirm the much higher rarity (roughly 5-6 times the prices of all other parts).

Going with independent rolls I would calculate something like ((1-0.1)^2)^n, where n is the number of perfect vault runs, and get 98-99% chance for a drop within 20 runs.

Anything I am missing?

Edited by 60framespersecond
  • Like 1

Il y a 6 heures, 60framespersecond a dit :

Thanks for the explanation, so if I understand correctly, the Stage 4 of 5 is just some automatically generated table with no meaning for the Arcana Vault bounties?

Correct.

Il y a 6 heures, 60framespersecond a dit :

Going with independent rolls I would calculate something like ((1-0.1)^2)^n, where n is the number of perfect vault runs, and get 98-99% chance for a drop within 20 runs.

Math is probably correct (maybe  1-(1-0.1)^(2n)  ?) ... but RNG being RNG you still have 90% chance of having anything else each roll...  :/

Anyway, only DE can check if players inventory actually reflects the intended drop chances... (not sure the prices on WF.market are really an accurate representation of the parts rarity, especially after only 5 days)