Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slicing

AlecLucky09

Uhm,can i ask something about the melee damage,whats the use of charge slicing,if the sword can only slice one enemy even if there is 2 or more soldiers infront of you -____- i think we should tell them about it

i once though of the same concept but i cam up with these solutions on how it may work and how it will not work

1. it does AOE dmg but the first target it connections with does full dmg the 2nd target it gets severly halfed 3rd cut in half and 4th very little dmg id say 2-7 dmg

think about it a charged attack is about the raw power in the swing the first enemy it connects with all that forced will be lost cause youre cutting threw armor-> then -> Flesh , you excpet him to have the same power as when it first connected and go threw to hit multiple targets in a AOE type of effect ... NO , you must lose power in youre swing now have infinite amount when you charge attack

The use of full charge slicing is it does a different amount of damage than a regular attack. Some melee weapons have higher/lower charge damage than others even with similar or same base damages. Certain weapons will hit multiple targets with a charge, as stated above. You can mod to increase either the base damage and rate of attack, or focus on the charge damage and charge rate.

From what I understand, Charged strikes ignore armor, so it's good against Grineer and ancients.

Sadly, melee damage doesn't buff charge damage and vice versa.

My personal opinion is that Melee is kind of underpowered because your only option is stacking melee damage mods on your frame...which puts you at a weaker position than everyone with a gun..and most weapons start at 30 damage or less for dual weapons, while guns easily put out more with just two bullets. then compare a melee swing to rapid-fire...

From what I understand, Charged strikes ignore armor, so it's good against Grineer and ancients.

Sadly, melee damage doesn't buff charge damage and vice versa.

My personal opinion is that Melee is kind of underpowered because your only option is stacking melee damage mods on your frame...which puts you at a weaker position than everyone with a gun..and most weapons start at 30 damage or less for dual weapons, while guns easily put out more with just two bullets. then compare a melee swing to rapid-fire...

This is exactly why I think the next "big" update should be centered around making melee more viable for those who want to go that route,myself included. While they're at it they could also work out the stealth mechanics they say they've been working on.