Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 21: Chains of Harrow

[DE]Megan

Ok, a bit of feedback.

I have to admit I don't like the changes to Earth, but I can live with them....preferred it as it was though.

I would point out, however, that Earth/Cambria seems to be broken. One of the spy tiles can't be completed because you cant lower the water level, and there are some other smaller changes to the other tiles that make movement a bit more restrictive.

If I could make a suggestion, I would recommend you give folks the option of using the original earth graphics set, and perhaps remove the changes you made to the spy tiles in Cambria so they can be completed. As of now there is no way to finish the mission.

Thanks for your time.

So many amazing changes, thank you DE.

Earth looks amazing and I can't wait to try out the rebalanced weapons as well as the new quest.

I'm struggling a bit with the dual wielding though, sometimes my Warframe just throws the glaive in the middle of combat and hurting itself, even when I'm only gently tapping the melee button.

after the chains of harrow update i noticed that vulpine mask was no longer equipped to my endura or in my mods or codex anymore. is this just a glitch or did they remove it entirely?

Edited by Schmmitser

2 hours ago, [DE]Mumbles said:

Detron

• Damage increased from 15 to 40
  • Damage fall off added starting from 13m and ending at 26 with a minimum damage of 14
  • Status Chance increased from 10% to 20%
  • Mastery Rank 6 required

Mara Detron

• Damage increased from 20 to 30
  • Damage fall off added starting from 16m and ending at 32 with a minimum damage of 15
  • Status Chance increased from 10% to 20%
  • Critical Chance increased from 2.5% to 5%
  • Increased Accuracy for hip and aimed fire
  • Mastery Rank 9 required

(emphasis mine) You... nerfed the detrons? Why? They were pretty much already completely ignored, but their one unique factor was that they had no damage falloff (as did a lot of shotgun secondaries, perhaps to compensate for them having terrible damage compared to nearly all shotgun primaries). I already couldn't find a good reason to use my maratron instead of my lex prime (and that's with a brilliant riven on the maratron and no rivens for the lex prime), but now you made it even worse by removing their one unique factor? Why?

Also, now the normal detron's better than the mara detron - what?

2 hours ago, [DE]Mumbles said:

Added Punch Through, Shotgun drop-off, and *Melee range weapon stats to the Arsenal. *(Melee range weapon stats in the Arsenal are still being worked on - soon!)

3 hours ago, [DE]Mumbles said:

Added a cool-down timer in chat rooms where you are limited to how frequently you can post. 

Oberon and Oberon Prime have received new visual FX for Hallowed Ground! 

“Credit Reward” and “Mission Credits” are now displayed as a single entry “Credits” in the End of Mission reward window. 

Fixed issues with Glaive-style weapons being thrown through walls. 

omg yes, so much good!

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The above Spoiler information is an excerpt using WIP website data (Evacuation should be Defection, etc).  Webpage should launch soon TM. 

Thanks Queen.

Got the Chassis on the second run and the Neuros on the first, so I was wondering about it.

Time for some Limbo cheese to get that Systems. I'm guessing the Systems are both on the rare table and have a lower chance on Phobos since its a lower level node.

Have not read thread yet, sorry.

Update 21: Chains of Harrow

What does this mean for the next cinematic quest?

Knell 

Harrow’s signature Secondary weapon, the Knell, has the utility of a sniper with the sight and zoom with the convenience of a pistol. This single round magazine sidearm grants 100% ammo efficiency for 3 seconds (that can be refreshed when active) and 0.5x Critical Damage added per headshot with a maximum of 3 stacks.

Really?
So this means there's no balance problem with head-shot buffs refreshing?
So can the Dual Toxocyst FINALLY get this, please?

Previewed in the Operation: Ambulas Reborn, 6 Syndicate Weapon Augments are back and here to stay!

So, aside from the stat buff to Acenging Truth (which - being block-dependent - is shackled by its mechanics, not its stats) - the augments are unchanged? :/

Listening Looking forward to checking out the Earth remaster :3

I assume that 'recall discharge damage' is thrown damage?

Friend Notes!

\o/

Your Arsenal of Melee weapons has awaited the Riven treatment

Ugh.
No, it really really hasn't.

But for those who care, gl getting a riven for any specific weapon.
Drop chance increased by 25% (I believe), whereas - unless melee rivens are category-specific instead of weapon specific) pool size increased from ~120 to ~211, a ~176% increase.

With Archwing 2.0, players can now fire their weapons while 'sprinting'. This functionality carried over to Submersible missions, but there was no animation to go with it. An animation has been added for this functionality! 

Okay, this is neat - and a thing I noticed that felt missing.

You can now cycle through multi-option abilities while performing a roll. 

Ooh, wonderful!
Inconsistent across cycle/toggle abilities and various action states, but wonderful.
(For example, last I checked, you can't toggle off WoF unless grounded and with weapon inactive.)

Polished Grineer enemy AI vault over, drop down, etc. animations. 

Not sure what this exactly means, but I'll call it 'Good'.

Improved navigation for enemies in the Corpus Ice Planet and Infested Salvage tileset.

O.O
This... could be a gamechanger.

Smoothed out Stealth and Parry finisher animations. Enemies will no longer pop in front of you and instead will properly align your Warframe with the enemy during the animation.

Again, I don't know what this exactly means, but will call it 'Good'.

The Limbo Theorem Excavation missions will now guarantee one of the Blueprints at the end of 3 extractors as an End of Mission reward.

Oh thank duck.
Finally.

Void Fissure Excavation missions now require players to crack open a Relic and have successfully-defended one dig site to completion before they can Extract. 

So if you start the mission without a relic (cuz, ya know, farming Traces), you can't complete it normally and have to abort? :p

The headshot audit's good.
(Grineer shoulderpads, Ospreys.)

As is damage numbers sticking around for longer.
May make Simulacrum tests easier.

The Chat Window is now accessible during loading screens,

\o/
Losing this, way back when, bothered me so much.

Mobile Defense Mission Changes: 

• Reduced the maximum total Defense time from 6 mins to 4 mins in the highest difficulty areas. Time is still divided between 2-3 consoles.
    Delightful. Does this include the final cryopod in Grineer Asteroid MD?
  • Increased the maximum concurrent enemy count during Defense stages to increase intensity.
    Delightful.
  • Reduced console health slightly for a little added challenge. 
    I might be wrong, but - as is usual in Warframe - due to both enemy and player scaling, the sweet spot between 'too hard' and 'too easy' is way too narrow for this to change much, particularly since MD isn't endless.
  • Console health is higher in Solo missions.
    On the flip side, this should help newer players, which is good.
  • Lockdowns can no longer occur at any point during Mobile Defense missions.
    Heh. Oh well.
  • Enemy types start easy and get tougher with each console defended, similar to the Exterminate changes (also applies to Archwing Mobile Defense and Exterminate).
    Neat. Looking forward to seeing what this means in gameplay.

MD change responses inline.

Weapon change feedback given in the dedicated thread.

Level generation changes seem interesting.
We'll see.

Added a UI indicator to Zenith (just like Zenistar) that shows how much time you have left on the disc before it's automatically recalled. 

Awesome. (Really.)
Now, can it not get killed by enemies, please?

Fixed being in an unarmed state when attempting to switch to a Synthesis Scanner while sheathing a weapon.

Awesome.
This was rather annoying.

----

So, where does the discussion on shield gating stand atm?

Edited by Chroia

• Added 1m innate Punch Through
  • Increased Status Chance from 15% to 20%
  • Increased Critical hit Chance from 15% to 20%
  • Increased Critical hit multiplier from 2 to 2.5x
  • Enemies killed now disintegrate
  • Increased collision thickness of beam

While old weapon revisits are welcome, this completely missed the mark. It will not in any way change I mod or use opticor. What was needed was one change - "counts as a bow for fire rate mods". Or, well, reduced base charge time.

I stand corrected. "Increased collision thickness of beam" was increased from a point to like 10m thick beam, and explosion looks even larger. Time to set energy color to pink and befriend the S#&$ out of everything.

Edited by Nyaa314

3 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

by the way anyone know how to switch to dual welding?

it only works with glaive like weapons and single side arms, you use say your pistol and can also equip your glaive, try a glaive prime with sonicor its fun,

Look at all these additions and changes!

Opticor

• Added 1m innate Punch Through
  • Increased Status Chance from 15% to 20%
  • Increased Critical hit Chance from 15% to 20%
  • Increased Critical hit multiplier from 2 to 2.5x
  • Enemies killed now disintegrate
  • Increased collision thickness of beam

Oh. MY. GAWD. YISSSSSS!

All the things I wanted and more. This update is HUGE. :D