Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U21 Megathread] Dual-wield Thrown Melee And Secondary Weapons Feedback

[DE]Danielle

Dual-wield any thrown Melee Weapon and a single-handed Secondary Weapon to destroy your enemies. Execute unique quick-melee combos and charged throws when dual-wielding for added damage.

Thrown Melee weapon stats have been revisited to balance this new feature:

Kestrel

• Increased Critical Chance from 5% to 10% for Melee hits and projectiles
  • Increased damage from 30 to 35
  • Increased Crit Multiplier from 1.5 to 2

Glaive

• Increased Critical Chance from 5% to 10% for Melee hits and projectiles
  • Increased damage from 35 to 45
  • Mastery Rank requirement increased to 1

Cerata

• Increased Status Chance from 25% to 30% for Melee hits and projectiles
  • Increased damage from 35 to 44
  • Changed damage type of recall discharge to Toxin

Orvius

• Increased Status Chance from 10% to 15% for Melee hits and projectiles
  • Increased Critical Chance from 10% to 15% for Melee hits and projectiles
  • Damage increased from 50 to 70
  • Recall discharge damage changed to Ice
  • Increased Mastery Rank requirement from 5 to 6

Halikar

• Increased Status Chance from 15% to 20% for Melee hits and projectiles
  • Increased Crit Chance from 5% to 10% for Melee hits and projectiles
  • Increased damage from 35 to 45
  • Increased Mastery Rank from 0 to 7

Glaive Prime

• Increased Status Chance from 20% to 30% for Melee hits and projectiles
  • Increased Critical Chance from 5% to 15% for Melee hits and projectiles
  • Increased damage from 45 to 50
  • Knockdown added to recall discharge
  • Increased Mastery Rank requirement from 0 to 10

Please note that we will be closely monitoring your practical feedback - feel free to share videos and discussions after playing with the listed weapons above. Non-constructive feedback, dev-bashing, and any other content that violates the Guidelines will be removed.

If you have any bugs to report please post them here: 

Loving the dual wielding, especially the changes to thrown melee.

Is the new charge mechanics (and mid air throws) going to be added be added to the normal "sword alone" mode also? 

edit: After playing a bit more I think that the charge takes a bit too long, it harms the fluidity that this mode could have.

Edited by faiyde

I'm not seeing any option to disable this functionality. If there isn't one, please add one as soon as possible. I just want to use my weapons in the old way with the old animations. The new animations remove a lot of personality from the frames since it overrides their animation sets, it looks and feels extremely awkward with some guns, and I am not a fan of the "unique combos", as I thought we would be able to use our stance combos. I'm incredibly grateful for the weapon buffs, but please either tell me there's a way to turn dual-wielding off, or that one will soon be added.

Edited by Cryssoberyl

Was only able to try out the dual wielding (atomos + kestrel) for a short while before my game crashed (possibly due to this, but I don't know) and the only real differences I found from how things worked before were the new reticle when charging, and being able to "recall detonate" with the secondary out. I'm the only one I know who ever even USES the detonation ability, but I'll probably enjoy this, and more people may start using it, so okay.

One thing, though: tapping E again to detonate is a bit awkward with my flight speed (using Entropy Flight) and being used to using the trigger for it. Not sure how to improve, but thought it was worth noting.

28 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

Any chance of allowing block in this mode? I haven't got it to work but it'd be nice to have some defense since secondaries are usually weaker than primaries. 

Please let me know if we can block and shoot. If not I'm definitely testing this when I get home.

56 minutes ago, KazeUindo said:

Please let me know if we can block and shoot. If not I'm definitely testing this when I get home.

i played for an hour with kestrel and detron/rakta ballistica... but you can't block, since you are equipped with your secondary

this dual wield mode allows you to use your meele combo, but you can't channel or block, since those functions are used for pistol (shoot and aim)... anyway, you can throw your meele while on mid-air

and the syndicate effect while on this mode uses the secondary's one

Edited by Zeyez

4 minutes ago, Zeyez said:

i played for an hour with kestrel and detron/rakta ballistica... but you can't block, since you are equipped with your secondary

this dual wield mode allows you to use your meele combo, but you can't channel or block, since those functions are used for pistol (shoot and aim)

and the syndicate effect while on this mode uses the secondary's one

fair enough. means my Vaykor Marolek gonna see even more play :thumbup:

after a short (well, not that short, around 40min) while playing with it, i was confused. Does a full-charge throw and half charge throw (indicate by the new UI) any different, or just the same as when u equip melee? What is the synergy that we should looking for when throw and shoot at the same time, or is there any synergy at all? since you still can't shoot when you charge and all ... 

in short, i dont understand what the fuss is about @@ 

Eating Self damage from random throws kinda kills it for me.

I'll charge a shot launch it and wait for return then a launch a new attack, (and I don't know if this is because client or what?) BOOM, I eat ~800 dmg.

Later I'll try it a again and a random bounce will put it right next to my face, BOOM I dead.

This kinda why I rarely used the Orvis' channeled charge attacks, the self damage wasn't worth it when I am often doing melee things at melee ranges. All it takes is a me hitting the melee button for just a moment and my rapid fire build means I get a face full of MY charge attack damage.

I've been toying around with Dual Wielding now for awhile and tested all different functions with separate key bindings.

I'm a bit confused as well as if I've missed something. I think I understand the throw mechanic. I think IT IS the channeling that is applied to the thrown melee when you successfully time it?

Blocking I kind of understand that it's missing, but it could be applied with half the strength while you're aiming with the Secondary? Why keep the other hand idle? Bring it up to support as a makeshift shield below the Pistol hand.

When the Dual Wielding is taken further add it so that you can use shields with pistols if you have equipped weapons like Silva & Aegis. Every time you Aim down sights you also use blocking with a shield.

Why not split the Secondary/Melee slots in two in Arsenal? Since we can practically have 2 items per Weapon slot with us in any mission equaling a total of 4. Build the combos however you want in said categories. But of course you cannot bring 4 melee or 4 pistols with you. 2 items from Secondary class and 2 items from Melee class and missmatch them between each other freely between those 4 slots.

Just my thoughts, hope it helps =)

Neither the combo counter or Blood rush seem to have any effect on the thrown attacks.

Is this bugged?

Honestly it kinda feels weird that the charged throw attack ends up weaker than the melee hits because it is unaffected by combo counter and its mods.

Edited by Dragazer

Been trying out dual wielding with Halikar, Glaive Prime and Cycron, and it felt really great, it could be a bit more fluid, allowing seamlessly throwing and quickly resuming shooting, back to throwing again, but the speed was still acceptable, and it feels like an upgrade over having only that single secondary weapon, a nice mix breathing more life into all the weapons. I can understand why stuff like blocking and normal stance combos would be a nightmare to implement with this system, I'm happy with what we got. Could be fun seeing single swords with single secondaries next if at all possible, combine them in their own quick melee/shooting stance almost like gunkatas.

1 hour ago, Dragazer said:

Cerata seems to have a 20% status chance despite the notes here saying it got buffed from 25% to 30%

Hmmm, could be again the same thing that happened with the last batch of dozens or more weapons that were supposed to get an upgrade, I think a few still don't have the ones they said they gave to them in the patchnotes (is the ammo consumption still as bad on the Glaxion as before? I think the Miter might also have a few issues up to this day despite multiple hotfixes trying to bring it in line with the original patch notes). Better keep an eye out for any other forgotten implementations they still listed in the patch notes.

Going into melee stance from secondary has character sheath gun with the right hand and then take out glaive again while only secondary needs to be put away.

I think there is no reason for new charge attack to be usable only in the thrown+secondary stance, it could just be an option to use old or new one.

Detonating the glaive by hitting melee button a second time could work with normal charge attack.

17 hours ago, Cryssoberyl said:

I'm not seeing any option to disable this functionality. If there isn't one, please add one as soon as possible. I just want to use my weapons in the old way with the old animations. The new animations remove a lot of personality from the frames since it overrides their animation sets, it looks and feels extremely awkward with some guns, and I am not a fan of the "unique combos", as I thought we would be able to use our stance combos. I'm incredibly grateful for the weapon buffs, but please either tell me there's a way to turn dual-wielding off, or that one will soon be added.

And this^ + quick drawing your melee and pistol is much more stylish.

giphy.gif

Edited by Goarza