Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U21 Megathread] New Quest: Chains of Harrow Feedback

[DE]Danielle

In response to a disturbing transmission from Palladino, the Red Veil Syndicate’s spiritual medium, Tenno are compelled to investigate a dark, mysteriously abandoned Steel Meridian spacecraft found adrift. Inside the vessel, lights flicker and emergency lights strobe. All is quiet except for whispers of “Rap. Tap. Tap,” heard echoing throughout the lifeless craft. What does it all mean? Players must uncover the terrifying reality of what happened onboard, how the Red Veil might play a part in it, and more.

If you have completed The War Within Quest and have unlocked the Mot node in the Void the Chains of Harrow Quest will be automatically added to your Codex.

Chains of Harrow Quest is also replayable after completion - enjoy it all over again! 

(Please note that the Chains of Harrow Quest is Solo - not being able to matchmake is intentional) 

Please note that we will be closely monitoring your practical feedback - feel free to share videos and discussions after playing the Quest, but do respect that others might not have played yet so please use spoilers so the super juicy bits. Non-constructive feedback, dev-bashing, and any other content that violates the Guidelines will be removed.

If you have any bugs to report please post them here: 

COmpleted it, first thing I notice: I had full capacity and my Melee Riven Mod wasn't given properly. Trying to relog to see what happens.

Quest was alright, at first kind of spooky. You however made a mistake when...

Spoiler

You use Operator at the end. I know it's super forgiving and "dying" makes no difference as it simply reloads in current progress, but sitting through the Operator falling a bazillion times because you're super squishy... Who thought it was a good idea to have ALL those enemies dealing that damage to a 100HP target? :c

EDIT: Disclaimer: I liked using Operator mode. I didn't like how things turned out due current state of Operator mode, as it ended up breaking the continous experience so as to speak.

Edited by NightmareT12

Fun little quest, until you had to ruin it by once again FORCING OPERATOR MODE!

Really DE?  It was right up with Octavia until that bonheaded decision.  Nothing quite like building suspense and exciting gameplay while crawling around ultraslow as the operator.

Also, I don't know how many times I died as operator, came back, and before I could more I was immediately pounded by that fire.  Nice.

Edited by Troll_Logic

I agree with the others here that the quest was great. I do have some issues though. First, when being attacked by Rell's ghost while capturing manifestation was a pain. I was constantly being damaged despite bullet jumping all over the place to avoid him. Second, was the ending with the Operator. Would have been so much better if our operators had some more health and more energy. I had to constantly run away from enemies because I was always out of energy. I died 10+ times as operator.

Would it be alright if we got Rell's commune object for the Landing Craft, too, please? It would be similar to the urn grant from Inaros' quest. Also, how often will we see the mysterious person in our landing craft? I liked seeing them just hanging out...

The atmosphere was fantastic.  The capturing thing went on a mission too long.  The operator part was a terrible mistake.

Energy runs out killing a single enemy with no escape moves other than slow jog. And there's 4 enemies. Plus the ghost that fires homing shots.

Operator mode could be fun but at least give us some escape moves that take zero energy to use.

Okay, guys, seriously. Do something with operator mode. My enjoyment of the quest was severely curtailed by getting dropped into an extremely difficult mode that I really only get to practice... during quests like this one. More stuff on operator mode here.

Edited by motorfirebox

Great Quest devs, well except for that last part.   Atmosphere for the quest was great, nice and dark, and i had little clues to when something was going to pop out at me next.  As a matter of fact my headphones beeped at me due to low battery during one of the first two missions and I nearly had a heart attack.  That being said, the end was a let down,  it ended up being nothing more than a zerg where I got so annoyed I seriously considered shutting down for the night and going to sleep.  Now I want this to be constructive so there are a couple things that could make this less aggravating (and yeah im being vague so i dont spoil much).  

• an indicator for how much energy you have left for using your meager abilities
  • slower projectiles so you have a better chance of dodging out of the way
  • a safe zone, where you could recover some health/energy
  • remove the ability of the mobs to deflect shots (this can be worked around with a knockdown (which i used),  but often i was left with so little energy afterward that I had to run circles before i could face the next).

11 minutes ago, Findywen said:

Great Quest devs, well except for that last part.   Atmosphere for the quest was great, nice and dark, and i had little clues to when something was going to pop out at me next.  As a matter of fact my headphones beeped at me due to low battery during one of the first two missions and I nearly had a heart attack.  That being said, the end was a let down,  it ended up being nothing more than a zerg where I got so annoyed I seriously considered shutting down for the night and going to sleep.  Now I want this to be constructive so there are a couple things that could make this less aggravating (and yeah im being vague so i dont spoil much).  

• an indicator for how much energy you have left for using your meager abilities
  • slower projectiles so you have a better chance of dodging out of the way
  • a safe zone, where you could recover some health/energy
  • remove the ability of the mobs to deflect shots (this can be worked around with a knockdown (which i used),  but often i was left with so little energy afterward that I had to run circles before i could face the next).

There is an indicator for how much energy you have. It's the icon that shows up just under your reticle. It does a poor job of conveying just how much energy you have, but it is there.

3 minutes ago, TruthArbiter said:

There is an indicator for how much energy you have. It's the icon that shows up just under your reticle. It does a poor job of conveying just how much energy you have, but it is there.

i completely missed that, thanks.

Ok,  number one on the list should read, A more obvious meter for your energy, like maybe a bar under your name like it does in normal missions for your squad mates.

I managed to enjoy the last part, using all my operator's powers to beat up flunkies.  However, it could really use some way to heal and refill energy.  The enemies in that section should do something like the sentients do and drop a thing that refills all your bars.

Otherwise, nice quest!  Definitely sent some shivers down my back.

Was a good quest until the last part.

By far the most obnoxious, unfun moment I've experienced in this game. Beating out 6DOF Archwing on release by a mile. 

Operators need a little bit more energy. The enemies should drop energy/health orbs. Maybe make the fanatics glow a little bit because I honestly can't see them when everything's red and black.

Overall I just don't enjoy operator mode that much. It's such a detached part of the game and this... really isn't how you implement them.

Edited by TotallyLagging

Great quest and Harrow is amazing. May I know what will happen to Rell after this? Any possibility for him as AI to accompany us - players in missions? Well, at least Red Veil's missions. Maybe by doing multiple missions and interaction with him from time to time will then he be fully recovered? He has a great potential to become an immersive AI in the game. #JustMy2cents

We could do with some healing factors in that last part.

The operator mode needs more if we're going to continue using it. At the moment it's visually fun as you shoot beams from your hands and seemingly teleport. But at the same time we're slow as all hell (including in building energy) and have no defenses to speak of. We can't even hide to rebuild energy because hiding takes from the same energy pool.

I loved seeing the old tiles be reused and the atmosphere was superb. Though I was expecting more strewn bodies or signs of struggle to tell the tale of this ship.

Spoiler

The creepy operator clone sitting on the codex table at the end of quest. Could do with a better voice activation range to get the players attention, creepily. I almost missed him as I didn't bother to look around. It was only after returning to the cockpit that I noticed him and got close enough to activate his message/script.

Edited by Postal_pat

I unfortunately found the quest to be somewhat disappointing. While some aspects of the lore side of things were interesting, it was far too short to get invested in the story, or for it to be impactful, and it felt kind of lacking. The missions themselves involved far too much fetching, and the final fight was more frustrating than challenging, because that mechanic is still waiting on its rework. The main baddie in the missions was also little more than an annoyance; constantly slowing you without presenting an actual challenge.

The environments and atmosphere were great, and there were some interesting lore implications, but the actual gameplay of the missions ended up being mostly running and fetching. I don't mean to downplay any of the effort that went into this quest, and I'm certainly not bashing, but to me, it just felt kinda shallow.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Ok, let's see...

1. Attempt at creepy without using jumpscares. Good effort but when you're bringing a warframe you can't get that scared. I feel this is the wrong game to do this, but the execution was "ok". The whole "unstoppable menace chasing me down" wasn't quite that scary. At most the Rell shadow was just an inconvenience.

2. Steel Meridian base: nice way to showcase the remastered stuff but very jarring to have the seances there.

3. Fanatics just ran at you and weren't particularly impressive, was hoping for something more. (outside of the final battle that is, I did notice the archers and dual sword guys)

4. What's with that last fight? It was tedious as hell because the operator hasn't been enhanced in terms of energy regen or damage or powers. Combine with how many deaths I ended up going through because of this it ends up being very not-fun. It felt like the operator is supposed to be stronger than how he is at base going in here, maybe you guys should've implemented THAT first instead of pushing this out the door because everything else was ready.

5. Octavia's ending was more satisfying than this one.

Overall, an ok quest with a lousy finale.

I've just finished the quest and even if I don't like horror stuff this was more frustrating in points than scary.

The amount of walking is in there I think its too much and you don't even get like 1k credit at the end parkouring 5000m (per mission).
The capture target capability to jump 100m in every sec was annoying too.
And the worst part was at the end when you forced to use the operator:
-The energy ui indicator is still very very bad.
-The 100% target locked abilities like the middle one that have been shooting every 8-10 sec while you have to fight 3-5 enemies at the same time (so you don't have energy to escape).
-The amount of dmg they do (or how fast you can die) in the last part is not balanced. I've just been revived and the melee enemy one shoot me with a channeled attack.
-Also the staggering, slash and radiation proc occurred like every 3 sec.

Story were ok but this quest is at the bottom of my replay list.
Can't wait to try out Harrow.

edit: The kavat at the transmission is the best in the whole quest.

Edited by PETI258