Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U21 Megathread] Weapon Changes Feedback

[DE]Danielle

8 minutes ago, DarcnyssWolfe said:

Have to post just to say I love the pointless mastery rank change on the lato prime, cause we all know there has got to be a grand master that isn't over mastery rank 5 yet xD

confirmed lato prime is coming back. 

Buy the first issue of the Warframe comic and get a code for it INSIDE!

Twin Kohmak has problems.  It's pretty darn good as long as the enemy is large enough to soak up the random recoil and five feet away from you.

Given the substantial recoil and the accuracy adjustment, would have been more reasonable for the falloff to start at 20 m...  Only half the pellets are going to hit by then, anyway.  The weapon is wholly ineffective at medium range even against high level fodder.

So... what was the point in nerfing shotgun secondaries by adding damage falloff? This feels a lot like the sniper rifle nerf-fest, where the already underused sniper weapon class got a further disincentive to their usage by giving every single one of them an enormous spread on hipfire.

Also, how come the detron was changed to be better than the mara detron (40 vs. 30 damage). Aren't special variants like that supposed to be better than the base?

Continous weapon still have a far way to go (status chance/effect wise) as it is still not usefull / efficient. 

Stradavar buffs comparing to the rest is non existent... For a MR 8 weapon we wish to get bigger buff for it. 

34 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Just like the Spectra and many others, but if DE continues this path we can finally see every weapon turning into viable ones.

I rly hope this. I'm full of love for my pretty deadly Bolto.

LOL! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that DE made an error on the damage increase for the Detron and Mara Detron. Then again this might be a case of deja vu, like the time I told my fellow clan members that the Hema's  Mutagen sample requirement was an error that would be rectified at the soonest time. 

I just tried my Opticor again. 91% Critical chance with a riven, 6.8x Critical Damage and kills enemies in a much wider spread.

ALL

OF

THE 

YES.

(That being said, it's kinda broken in Conclave at the moment, but FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS CLEM please keep it as it is otherwise)

Well, secondary shotguns finally got some love, aaaand, its a sad day. as it seems that every secondary shotgun got the euphona prime shotgun mode treatment(not that extreme with the falloff)

In general, it seems that now every secondary shotgun is more or less in the same dmg range with a few outlines(that bronco p dmg) but i find that its disapointing in a few ways:

-Detron(and mara) being hable to discharge a barrage of radiation bullets with no falloff was the main selling point of it, and now it has recibed the much needed dmb buff making it better than even its counterpack(brakk) in terms of raw dmg and having the largest "range" of all secondary shotguns, but the falloff huts it more than 50% at max range. In the end its in a good place, its damage is not higier overall.

-Brakk: o boy, im disapointed, like, really disapointed. The brakk, on of the most famous and infamous weapons in the game, was considered mostly trash after its nerf due to really heavy falloff, now has EVEN LESS RANGE, and overall, its just a worse pyrana, that previusly whas a mr3 weapon, we will talk about it latter. Now, the brakk is worthless, its a shame because its one of my fab weapons, the model, the barrel, the sound, it was okay, now its a bit better overall, but compared to other things in its category, its just, not worth it considering the amount of farming it requires(the detron may require even more, but it donst have a competitor in its class and has a much easyer alternative, the mara). Could we get a buff to the brakk(and even more to the detron/mara) true to its name and reputation? a weapon obtained from the grinier/corpus itself, stolen from then and only awarded to those who helped then in the great gradivus war(even though i wasnt playing that long ago).

-Pyrana: o boy, O BOY, the pirana was okay to good, and now its just, absurd, not only has one of the largest ranges, good damage and crit biable stats, now it also has double the magacine, just, wow. Before, it was more or less a sidegrade to a brakk, at a lower mastery rank, lower damage but still okay to good. Now, its absurd, not only its mastery rank is 12, its just a better brakk overall, with less dowsides even.And now it has to figth with the sydicate primarys, remember that the best weapons in the game are in that category, like the vaykor hek. Im sure a lot of people are really happy with it, but me personally not, not because it dindt deserve it, but because more memorable weapons got the short end fo the stick(brakk/detron)

-kohmak: still waiting for the confetti gun to make it back to the game, and it should not have falloff at all, its just to overhelming to use before, and it is now.

I dont have much more to say, overall im happy with most of the changes, and now we even have a LOL cannon(that opticor buff) that it seems to be even more usable now(no need for puchtrhu, thank good) but yea, the changes of the secondary shotguns left me with a bittersweet taste due to some weapons dont geting the buff they deserver acording to the story/farining need.

Can you please remove the damage falloff from the detron and detron mara?

They did not have damagefall of before which were suppose to be unique for the shotguns/sidearm shutguns, its one of its definiting traits.

This you balanced with it a wide spread, which was perfect for radiation builds, which it has as damage base.

please DE, revert.

Edited by larn

7 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:
  • AkBronco Prime
  • Damage increased from 20 to 50
  • Damage fall off added starting from 9m and ending at 18 with a minimum damage of 13
  • Mastery Rank 11 required

Why not fix the AkBronco Primes magazine size too????

Single Bronco Prime has 4 rounds, while AkBronco Prime has 6.

I posted a weapons feedback on this months ago and nothing. It's an annoying inconsistency since it's the only dual variant that doesn't have double the magazine size of its single variant.

Seriously, thank you for the buffs though.

Edited by Madway7

10 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Detron

• Damage increased from 15 to 40
  • Damage fall off added starting from 13m and ending at 26 with a minimum damage of 14
  • Status Chance increased from 10% to 20%
  • Mastery Rank 6 required

Detron Mara

• Damage increased from 20 to 30
  • Damage fall off added starting from 16m and ending at 32 with a minimum damage of 15
  • Status Chance increased from 10% to 20%
  • Critical Chance increased from 2.5% to 5%
  • Increased Accuracy for hip and aimed fire
  • Mastery Rank 9 required

So the Detron now has 280 damage while the Mara Detron only has 210? 2.5% crit chance increase and an accuracy increase isn't equal to an extra 70 damage. Why can't the Mara Detron also have 280 damage? It's a terrible sidegrade now.

Also I really wanted to see the Cestra family get buffed, but I guess that probably won't happen now

Pyrana

• Damage increased from 9 to 22
  • Damage fall off added starting from 15m and ending at 30 with a minimum damage of 6
  • Increased mag size from 5 to 10
  • Mastery Rank 12 required

Wow.

Pyrana is my usual to go secondary weapon. I absolutely love it. I was surprised to see both the damage buff and the damage fall off notes.

I have played the post-update Pyrana. It's disappointing. It's underwhelming. It's underpowered. It's an utter crap.

With my build, I would deal at least about 5k damage per pellet to an armored level 70+ Grineer unit. I just took the weapon to Caloris (Mercury), a level 6 Grineer mission. The weapon dealt 700 damage to a level 6 unit. Tested it on more difficult missions too. It's fine against the Infested from up close. But it's noticeably worse.

The added damage fall off is the culprit here. I don't understand. Pyrana was a niche weapon. I see players use Marelok, Euphona, Lex, Aklex, Akstiletto, Furis, Sicarus. While I believe that some use(d?) Pyrana, I haven't met many such players. And this niche weapon gets nerfed. I'm shocked.

Spoiler
9 hours ago, kingcreeper296 said:

oboi my pyrana finally gettin some love.

9 hours ago, TaleTeller said:

[...] PYRANA,[...] are weapons that I use a lot and I'm really happy they've gotten buffed.

9 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

PS: Time to start using my lovely Pyrana again.

7 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Finally i can no longer include the pyrana in the must buff weapons list.

3 hours ago, painterman said:

-Pyrana: o boy, O BOY, the pirana was okay to good, and now its just, absurd, not only has one of the largest ranges, good damage and crit biable stats, now it also has double the magacine, just, wow. Before, it was more or less a sidegrade to a brakk, at a lower mastery rank, lower damage but still okay to good. Now, its absurd, not only its mastery rank is 12, its just a better brakk overall, with less dowsides even. [...]

Seriously guys. Have you really used the weapon pre-nerf? Do you have a fresh memory of how cool it was? Have you tested it after? Judging by all these opinions, you clearly haven't.

Pyrana did get a damage buff. So what. Even shooting an enemy in the face doesn't feel as powerful as shooting enemies from afar with a pre-nerf Pyrana felt.

I'd rather the weapon was omitted in the balance pass.

Hopefully, it gets fixed soon.

Vasto/Vasto prime needs love too, weak peashooter and obsolete compared to pandero stats.

They need to be the higher damage variant with their lesser magazine size.

Buff their damage (Vasto 80-90's, Vasto P 100-110's).

Buff their critical chance by 10%-15%.

Give them the pandero alt fire.

Also, a nice magnum category buff would be to add a damage bonus every time the weapon is drawn (QuickDraw bonus).

4 minutes ago, -Azfi said:

Wow.

Pyrana is my usual to go secondary weapon. I absolutely love it. I was surprised to see both the damage buff and the damage fall off notes.

I have played the post-update Pyrana. It's disappointing. It's underwhelming. It's underpowered. It's an utter crap.

With my build, I would deal at least about 5k damage per pellet to an armored level 70+ Grineer unit. I just took the weapon to Caloris (Mercury), a level 6 Grineer mission. The weapon dealt 700 damage to a level 6 unit. Tested it on more difficult missions too. It's fine against the Infested from up close. But it's noticeably worse.

The added damage fall off is the culprit here. I don't understand. Pyrana was a niche weapon. I see players use Marelok, Euphona, Lex, Aklex, Akstiletto, Furis, Sicarus. While I believe that some use(d?) Pyrana, I haven't met many such players. And this niche weapon gets nerfed. I'm shocked.

Hide contents

Seriously guys. Have you really used the weapon pre-nerf? Do you have a fresh memory of how cool it was? Have you tested it after? Judging by all these opinions, you clearly haven't.

Pyrana did get a damage buff. So what. Even shooting an enemy in the face doesn't feel as powerful as shooting enemies from afar with a pre-nerf Pyrana felt.

I'd rather the weapon was omitted in the balance pass.

Hopefully, it gets fixed soon.

I did used and the weapon felt awfully weak against anything what is not infested.

Now i must say that i dont like the idea of damage falloff, but i always used shotguns for close quater fights so 15m falloff starting range wont gonna bother me.

The pellet damage was increased from 9 to 22 which is huge. Total 108 damage to 264 is pretty good and the mag increase is nice too.

Pyrana

• Damage increased from 9 to 22
  • Damage fall off added starting from 15m and ending at 30 with a minimum damage of 6
  • Increased mag size from 5 to 10
  • Mastery Rank 12 required

Pyrana got an increased mag. And a tremendous damage nerf. The numbers say the damage is a bit higher. It might be so but the damage fall off ruins it all.

These are my Pyrana stats.

unknown.png

Ignore the use percentage, I have too many hours played in the game and I was waaayy too hyped with Hikou Prime when it was released.

I wonder how many other players have 12k kills with Pyrana?

I mean, I have a lot of experience using this weapon. It was only natural when I played with it after the update that I noticed a HUGE damage nerf.

I use it all the time. Bring it to every mission. I love Pyrana, the one before nerf. The weapon balance pass made it weaker. It actually made a niche weapon worse. Not much to say here, it's all summarized already in this post:

12 minutes ago, -Azfi said:

Wow.

I am shocked as well and I hope for a soon fix. I don't even care if the weapon gets buffed or not, the only thing I desire now is to revert the change.

DE, pls.

Edit:

4 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I did used and the weapon felt awfully weak against anything what is not infested.

Now i must say that i dont like the idea of damage falloff, but i always used shotguns for close quater fights so 15m falloff starting range wont gonna bother me.

The pellet damage was increased from 9 to 22 which is huge. Total 108 damage to 264 is pretty good and the mag increase is nice too.

Dude. The weapon is weaker now and it's noticeable. I know what I'm saying, this is my favorite secondary and I didn't have to pay attention to see the change. The fall off mechanic is odd. Shooting enemy while literally standing at them seems to do less damage than it used to.

Edited by Raniu

15 minutes ago, Raniu said:

Dude. The weapon is weaker now and it's noticeable. I know what I'm saying, this is my favorite secondary and I didn't have to pay attention to see the change. The fall off mechanic is odd. Shooting enemy while literally standing at them seems to do less damage than it used to.

Did you used this weapon for taking out far away targets or did you used it as a shotgun dealing with stuff not more far than 10m?

For me this is a huge buff because the way i used it was requiring me to go close to enemies, for you if you used it for the no damage falloff then yes its a nerf you essentially lose 66% damage if you try to kill stuff further than 15m.

What I think is strange, is the concept behind the buff/nerf to secondary shotguns.

1) You buff to make weapons better so more people use it right?

2) Your buff comes with a nerf so part of the weapons are MAYBE buffed depending on how you play them. Double dmg on twin kohmak with more recoil,spread and dmg fall off? MR 12? What?

3) The effective range on some of these are on melee range or PRIMARY SHOTGUN RANGE.

4) Is there any sane mind who will use ANY of these weapons with same mechanics, range etc when you can use Tigris Prime, Boar Prime, Strun Wraith, HEK etc etc etc. Off course there will be those kind of " I love this weapon, I only i use this weapon since the Reagan era bla bla bla"  type of guys. But come on. 

This wont make these weapons more appealing unless you specifically love secondary shotguns.

Edited by (PS4)lhbuch