Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U21 Megathread] Weapon Changes Feedback

[DE]Danielle

2 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Thanks for all your feedback so far guys! To keep quoting a bit easier on the eyes I've added spoilers to the OP :) 

Thank you for all your hard work!! U and the DE team!! You've superseded my expectations! Thanks again everything you guys do, looks awesome from where I'm sitting.

10 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Most founders are either inactive or over the MR requirement that has been set, however MR Lock of primed weapons can be bypassed by buying them with money, which was the only way to get lato prime anyways ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey ----Legacy----!

While this may be true, if you take a look at the rest of the buffs we increased the Mastery Rank requirement of the Lato Prime for consistency sake :) 

Edit: I didn't quote everyone who asked this! My apologies, hope you all can see it. 

Edited by [DE]Danielle

1 hour ago, -Azfi said:

Seriously guys. Have you really used the weapon pre-nerf? Do you have a fresh memory of how cool it was? Have you tested it after? Judging by all these opinions, you clearly haven't.

Yes, i used pre-nerf/buff, and i have to say that at medium to long range it feels the same or worse, and its acurrazy was nothing crazy before, so you were in fact limited by it, and you still needed about 2-3 shots to get rid of anything a bit more bulky in your face(heavy units lv 30+ more or less), and now it can melt lv 40 heavy units at a bit more of distance, not forguething that you still have the swett auto fire, the main reason to use it before, and now with even more magacine. I need to get a riven for it or make a new build with punchtru, i feel that now has te power to get the better use of it.

Still need to test other secondarys, so cant coment much on the rest.

11 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Please note that we will be closely monitoring your practical feedback - feel free to share videos and discussions after playing with the listed weapons above. Non-constructive feedback, dev-bashing, and any other content that violates the Guidelines will be removed.

If you have any bugs to report please post them here: 

I know I'm kind of an intruder (kind of new to Warframe, just getting the Azima  as "milestone" Daily Tribute, yet, not new gamer -Steam 8-years of service badge and even in Steam I'm new lol-)... but I must say that I love this openness/decisiveness from DE... @[DE]Danielle: magnificent job, your game is amazing, your job is beautiful and you're serious as f*ck about improving and making it a continuously improved/ongoing game; you hear and respect your community and your community should be really thankful since there were dark days in gaming... I remember those days... a gamer always remember!

Ouch these weapons are not in a good place now. They're all relatively useless outside melee range. I guess thats the point of a hand shotgun, but still... wow. Oh well. RIP brakk i will miss thee. Tested the Opticor buff, love the innate PT and the larger aoe.

I am hoping those damage buff numbers are referring to per pellet damage for the shotgun pistols. I don't know for some of those that had very low or non-existent fail-off, the shotgun pistol buffs seem like nerfs.

13 hours ago, Zoknahal said:

Opticor just got A LOT better.

In theory, it promises 1m punchthru and yet it does not appear in the stats?  

Perhaps they need to add 'fully charged' secondary stats, if that is where the 1m PT comes in, otherwise it makes no sense.

11 hours ago, Epsilon_Knight said:

Twin Kohmak has problems.  It's pretty darn good as long as the enemy is large enough to soak up the random recoil and five feet away from you.

Given the substantial recoil and the accuracy adjustment, would have been more reasonable for the falloff to start at 20 m...  Only half the pellets are going to hit by then, anyway.  The weapon is wholly ineffective at medium range even against high level fodder.

This is going to apply to all of them. With spread, mods that add spread, and fall-off, these weapons are now essentially melee weapons cause you are not going to be hitting totally or doing top damage outside of close range.

3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey ----Legacy----!

While this may be true, if you take a look at the rest of the buffs we increased the Mastery Rank requirement of the Lato Prime for consistency sake :) 

Edit: I didn't quote everyone who asked this! My apologies, hope you all can see it. 

Thank Y'all, it really, really needed it. Any chance he who shall not be named will get a buff anytime soon too?

It's currently impossible to headshot with the Opticor.  The beam needs to prioritize weakpoint hitboxes over the normal hitbox.

The Mara Detron needs a damage buff.  I don't care what you made the supporting stats; giving the regular Detron more damage is not okay.

We're still waiting on desperately needed buffs for the Vastos and Magni.  The Vasto Prime in particular is way worse than competitors.

The Furis needs an upgraded version so I can use Winds of Purity without completely gimping myself.  The buff is nice, but it just can't compete with even mid-tier secondaries.

Please revert the fire rate, recoil, and accuracy changes to the Twin Kohmak.  It burns through the mag way too quickly now, and it misses too many pellets.  My favorite part about the weapon before the change was its great crowd-clearing potential from the large mag, slow RoF, accuracy/low recoil, and innate punch through.  Most of that is gone now, and the damage buff doesn't really make up for it IMO. yk7LDgZ.jpg

Edited by Telogor

33 minutes ago, Ultimate_Vault_Hunter said:

Hey man. It's all good. I know I've never been popular anyway... Skana, and the you-know-what too

the thing is skana prime was only the best for a week then prisma hit. lato is a differnt story. mine is already stupid OP... techly i guss that lato prime is still the best one... mine rips though people like mad (lv140s)

15 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

My biggest question here is... when will we non-founder peasants have a lato version able to compete with the just buffed lato prime? 

There's no way a 30 damage, 10% crit chance and 3% status chance starter weapon can be taken to similar levels than it's never available again primed version with 37 damage, 30% crit chance and 20% status can be taken now.

DE have mentioned Lato Vandal might come back - 20% would be a decent crit chance.

Unsure if this is a bug or just change of heart, but currently the AkBronco Prime is listed in the Codex as MR 2, while the Bronco Prime is listed as MR 11. Unsure if you can't truly equip them until those ranks because my account is MR 23.

1. That's contrary to the patchnotes, which list the Akimbo variant as MR 11, and the single as MR 2

2. That doesn't make sense because the akimbo should be higher MR?

3. Most importantly, you can't craft the AkBronco Prime until you can craft the single, so having it as MR 2 does absolutely nothing because you can't buy these from the market and bypass the restriction.

Edited by TheDarkStarChimaera

1 hour ago, Telogor said:

Please revert the fire rate, recoil, and accuracy changes to the Twin Kohmak.  It burns through the mag way too quickly now, and it misses too many pellets.  My favorite part about the weapon before the change was its great crowd-clearing potential from the large mag, slow RoF, accuracy/low recoil, and innate punch through.  Most of that is gone now, and the damage buff doesn't really make up for it IMO. yk7LDgZ.jpg

Not to mention that Tainted Shells is a shotgun-only mod for primaries (which is what I use on my Kohm), the changes that you mentioned for the Twin Kohmaks are very disheartening imo. 

1 hour ago, Telogor said:

It's currently impossible to headshot with the Opticor.  The beam needs to prioritize weakpoint hitboxes over the normal hitbox.

The Mara Detron needs a damage buff.  I don't care what you made the supporting stats; giving the regular Detron more damage is not okay.

We're still waiting on desperately needed buffs for the Vastos and Magni.  The Vasto Prime in particular is way worse than competitors.

The Furis needs an upgraded version so I can use Winds of Purity without completely gimping myself.  The buff is nice, but it just can't compete with even mid-tier secondaries.

Given that the Twin Kohmak is my favourite secondary, this image is frightening. That spread makes the damage buff meaningless even before the fall off if your 8m estimation is anywhere near accurate.

6 minutes ago, blacklusterseph said:

Given that the Twin Kohmak is my favourite secondary, this image is frightening. That spread makes the damage buff meaningless even before the fall off if your 8m estimation is anywhere near accurate.

That was one mag dump at 8 m as shown by a waypoint I placed.  It was a standard build with no mods that change accuracy values.

Edited by Telogor

2 hours ago, Telogor said:

Yea... After the change, these things have hard time even hitting a barn door from range even with no fire-rate mods equipped. The spread would be "bearable" if there were no damage fall-off. Still would kind of suck, though.

Our hair driers of death are now the definition of "don't go full auto," however doesn't function very well in Warframe. Empties magazine fast but can't hit a thing, or does practically no damage at all.

Edited by Irregardless_Existence