Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U21 Megathread] Weapon Changes Feedback

[DE]Danielle

You guys might want to look at fixing the combo counters interaction with thrown attacks. Currently it seems that the combo counter has no effect at all on thrown attacks. I believe this has been an issue for a long time actually, and having it fixed with the new dual wielding being released would be nice.

Fixed Opticor headshots not actually counting as headshots. 

Fixed Opticor creating 2x explosions on hit. 

This is a complete and utter step backwards, and it feels as though the critical chance, critical damage, and status chance buffs are worthless without the AoE, and in fact, the only thing good was the AoE. I may be able to see that it was too wide, but my goodness, the AoE was the best part (along with punch through)! We were having so much fun!

I think it would be great if you guys brought it back, even if it only minimum half the range. If not, the buffs don't matter.

Agreed. For such a long charge up time it shouldn't be overshadowed by Rakta Cernos, Dread and Ferrox. I think the AoE on kill/damaging an enemy should be brought back. It was ridiculously fun, finally made the Opticor good for the first time and suited the weapon that is a big cannon.

Edited by Jimmeh420

ive played around with the daikyu and opticor now and i have to say, the buffs are great but they have new problems now.

pre-buff, both weapons were raw damage weapons which fell off miserably. post buff they are now crit weapons. how ever, their crit chance of 20% only amounts to 50% with point strike. this might be cool for automatic rifles... but these 2 weapons are excruciatingly slow (slowest in game even?) to charge. if ur going to make daikyu and opticor into crit weapons, they need at least 35% crit chance, so they can hit 87.5% with point strike. daikyu would at least on a similar level with rakta cernos, fastest bow in the game also 35% crit.

I wouldnt mind if the daikyu had its base damage reduced back to 350, but its crit chance needs to be made reliable. its the slowest bow in the game and charge can only be held for 5 seconds. it deserves the damage.

in general slow, sharp shooter weapons need reliable crits. its the same problem with snipers in warframe. each shot is supposed to count, yet we get poor crit chances that forces us to shoot twice, even three times sometimes?

liking the progress on daikyu so far, I'd say it be nice if we could let loose arrows early like other bows, also maybe either up its crit a tiny bit more or its charge rate just a tad, still make it slower than other bows but not a slow as it currently is

4 hours ago, tsubasakuroi said:

I'm probably the minority who isn't too happy with the Detron changes.

I'll still use the weapon but I would've rather had a more modest damage buff but still kept the complete disregard it had towards damage drop off.

Honestly, all shotgun should just have their fall off removed. I know why they added it, as sniping across a map with a shotty is a bit mad, but simply adding a bit more innate spread in general would work just as well to balance their long range damage while giving mid to close range a bit more pep.

I think the fall off is more tolerable on the low clip size, burst damage shotguns since sniping is viable with those at range. With the Kohmaks though, they need to spin up to get their max damage, so they can't do anywhere near their advertized damage in a single shot or even 2 or 3. I'd take the damage reduction back to what it was with them if they could just get their old mechanics back. Either that or some adjustment to the current numbers that acknowledges that they don't work like the other secondary shotguns (especially the Twin Kohmaks).

After this update i don't know if I want to chew someone out or congratulate them...

- Just finished releveling the twin khomak after multiple formas when this update hit and made them useless: eccessive spread, eccessive recoil and they still chew trough ammo like Clem on sugar high, the buffs are vastly overshadowed by the nerfs! also unique to the khomak and twin khomack is the fact that they have innate punch trough when spooled, now it's useless due to damage falloff

- Pyranha finally got its mag size buffed to usable levels!

In general damage falloff seems eccessive on all shotgun secondaries.

Also Mara Detron (limited window of acquisition) worse than regular detron (parts dropped by random spawning miniboss) really?

I'm baffled by your logic in weapon balancing and would very much like to hear the reasoning straight for the source, could it be done?

Daikyu's knock back effect is actually hurt the user. The knock+recovery animation make it really hard to land a second headshot. And the knock back is not that great be cause it very briefly thus speeding up the wobbling head animation. I think the effect should last longer (2-3 seconds). 

Edited by failedtodiet

12 hours ago, ExpGui said:

This is a complete and utter step backwards, and it feels as though the critical chance, critical damage, and status chance buffs are worthless without the AoE, and in fact, the only thing good was the AoE. I may be able to see that it was too wide, but my goodness, the AoE was the best part (along with punch through)! We were having so much fun!

I think it would be great if you guys brought it back, even if it only minimum half the range. If not, the buffs don't matter.

God, when I saw the new Opticor, I knew it was too much fun to stay like that... Back to Ferrox?

stradavar semi-auto now recoils even harder, before u 21 it's recoil is very similar like auto mode, i'm sure any stradavar user notices this too. try spamming semi auto shots and you will feel the difference right away

I don't see any mention about this recoil change anywhere, is this an intended change ?

inb4 Accuracy and Recoil aren't the same nor are they related, they work independently

On 2017-6-29 at 10:52 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey ----Legacy----!

While this may be true, if you take a look at the rest of the buffs we increased the Mastery Rank requirement of the Lato Prime for consistency sake :) 

Edit: I didn't quote everyone who asked this! My apologies, hope you all can see it. 

Thanks for the response! so weapons will now MR Lock be some kind of measure of their power or something? It would be neat once that finally gets to happen if that's one of the reasons for it (I understand,however, it might take a while due to the big amount of weapons in game)

On 2017-6-29 at 2:57 PM, Latiac said:

DE have mentioned Lato Vandal might come back - 20% would be a decent crit chance.

Again, that was almost a year ago and still no further word.

On 2017-06-30 at 6:12 AM, Ragingwasabi said:

in general slow, sharp shooter weapons need reliable crits. its the same problem with snipers in warframe. each shot is supposed to count, yet we get poor crit chances that forces us to shoot twice, even three times sometimes?

Yes, someone that understands!

I've been vouching for all slow ROF to have much higher critchances, if they are supposed to be critrelated weapons in the first place.

Opticor, all Snipers and Daikyu should be more similar to regular bows. 25% (or less!) is far too little for weapons as slow as these.
Even Grinlok/the Latrons should be on the similar critchance levels as Ferrox or such.

On 29.6.2017 at 6:01 AM, ----Legacy---- said:

Most founders are either inactive or over the MR requirement that has been set, however MR Lock of primed weapons can be bypassed by buying them with money, which was the only way to get lato prime anyways ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i have an idea about that 

maybe were getting them farmable so DE added the mastery restriction 

On 29/06/2017 at 4:58 PM, Metsudo said:

You guys might want to look at fixing the combo counters interaction with thrown attacks. Currently it seems that the combo counter has no effect at all on thrown attacks. I believe this has been an issue for a long time actually, and having it fixed with the new dual wielding being released would be nice.

Yes please this needs to be fixed, its pretty lame when you have built up your combo and end up doing less dmg with the throw because the combo counter and its associated mods have no effect.

Have used Pyrana as main weapon since patch. In most mission types including sorties it has performed very well with the new changes.

It has moved from a weapon I used to use just for fun to a weapon I can rely on and take anywhere.