Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defection Missions. Why?

Stoner

This has to be the most boring game mode so far. And you had to make us play this by putting one of Harrow's part in its C rotation. Evil.

Is it just me that has simply no desire to play this mission type? Maybe I'm still burnt out of the Pacifism Defect event... or maybe the game mode is truly horrible and boring. Get Kavor to A then to extract. Get Kavor to A then extract. Rinse and repeat.

I'd like to know people's opinion on this mission type. 

Edited by Stoner74
spelling

I'm sure you aren't the only one, but I'm also sure there's a group of people who think that for every game mode.

Also, doing one round and extracting will be just as repetitive and unrewarding in any continuous game mode. Misread what you said about getting to A and then extract.

Edited by rapt0rman

4 hours ago, Stoner74 said:

Get Kavor to A then to extract. Get Kavor to A then extract. Rinse and repeat.

I don't particularly like the mode either but how is that any more boring than an excav (or any other endless). "Go to site, kill mobs, bring charges to excavator. Rinse and repeat."

The drop chance on the other hand is S#&$... like always.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Onyx Guarrd said:

Is it also in the sortie rotations now? Not looking forward to that on console if so...

Haven't read all the update notes yet but pretty sure I read it is now in sorties missions pool

8 hours ago, Stoner74 said:

This has to be the most boring game mode so far.

I must absolutely disagree with that. It's intense, and mobile. A lot funnier than Index for example, and a lot, LOT funnier than the Nidus mission-thing. But it's just my taste.

they did it with interceptions to get tier 4 keys, happened with nidus, and a lot more "new" type missions that I can't recall, what else do you expect?, and I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU, I haven't played that much lately, mainly because I work away from home 5 days a week, but with this amount of BS, I even decided to wait with Octavia, maybe in a couple of months it will be in the Tenno Lab, maybe that would happen eventually with other "grindy" warframe parts, I'm out, time to play the 15 new games from the steam sales, at least there I know I will have something new and exciting to do

oh and I forgot I have grind relics to get the new primes.... waaay too much grind, even for me.

Was forcing myself to play it today, and the Kavor people wouldn't jump up on the pipeline to get out of death's way, so failed the mission.

EDIT: Found a video that shows what happen. This turned me off to this gamemode.

Edited by RageManT

18 minutes ago, RageManT said:

Was forcing myself to play it today, and the Kavor people wouldn't jump up on the pipeline to get out of death's way, so failed the mission.

EDIT: Found a video that shows what happen. This turned me off to this gamemode.

I know! This is so infuriating. Their pathing completely idiotic, not to mention that the kept bumping into each other during my sessions which caused them to get stuck on even more stuff. I was doing fine then twice in a row groups of 5 just kept bumping into stuff which caused them to not make it to the med pod which caused them to die because of the stupid DoT. You can be the most efficient protector in the entire sector, but you can't save NPCs when they're dumber than a sack of salt which deteriorates faster than a candle that was thrown in a volcano.

3 hours ago, Stonehenge said:

I must absolutely disagree with that. It's intense, and mobile. A lot funnier than Index for example, and a lot, LOT funnier than the Nidus mission-thing. But it's just my taste.

Matter of preferences I suppose. I like the Nidus thing(Not by a lot) and Index much more than Kavor mission. Maybe it's just me being so burnt out of the last event like I said. 

8 hours ago, denrenso said:

I don't particularly like the mode either but how is that any more boring than an excav (or any other endless). "Go to site, kill mobs, bring charges to excavator. Rinse and repeat."

The drop chance on the other hand is S#&$... like always.

Haven't read all the update notes yet but pretty sure I read it is now in sorties missions pool

smh so hard

51 minutes ago, Stoner74 said:

Matter of preferences I suppose. I like the Nidus thing(Not by a lot) and Index much more than Kavor mission. Maybe it's just me being so burnt out of the last event like I said. 

Mh don't know, but yeah, always be careful of burn out. I didn't even pay attention to Harrow location parts because i know it will be a hell to farm. Know what ? I'm not even gonna try. I have plenty of other really fun things to do, if i manage to earn a good bunch of plat i'll buy him. And that's it. I will play defection only for fun some time to time.

I loved Pacism Defect. I played it over and over with my clan to get to the top 10%. It's better then actual mobile defense (cause as a frost main I just stood there) and I def loved it more then Index and Kavor.

Sure it still has it bugs but the fact I find good teamwork at times even with pub works for me.

6 hours ago, Stonehenge said:

Mh don't know, but yeah, always be careful of burn out. I didn't even pay attention to Harrow location parts because i know it will be a hell to farm. Know what ? I'm not even gonna try. I have plenty of other really fun things to do, if i manage to earn a good bunch of plat i'll buy him. And that's it. I will play defection only for fun some time to time.

Ya, I'm basically forcing myself to play it at this point and I know it can be bad. I'll wait a little bit to see if they tweek the gamemode or something. 

6 hours ago, Stoner74 said:

Ya, I'm basically forcing myself to play it at this point and I know it can be bad. I'll wait a little bit to see if they tweek the gamemode or something. 

That's the point indeed. Never force yourself to play. Any kind of mission/game mode, even mastecrafted, becomes irritating and boring. It's the grind trap. Once you totally accept to get things theorically a few months later, this game is far more enjoyable. I don't have Octavia and i couldn't care less about it, i don't even know wich Oberon part i have and i acquired last part of Nidus 6 days ago.

For the moment i'm just enjoying earth remastered.

Count me among the list of players who never want to see that mission type again. After basically being forced to poopsock this boring mission for 4 hours non-stop in order to get the actual reward for the event, I'm completely and thoroughly fed up with it. But then again, this has happened before. They took the most boring part of JV and stuck it on the starchart when Nidus came along - it's the injector mission from where you farm his components. I wonder what the occupancy level is for that node? How many players actually choose to go there (and only those who already have Nidus - let's not have the statistics polluted by enforced farm locations for one single item)?

And yes, now that I've got the Harrow part, I'm not setting foot on either of those three nodes unless DE try to force more players there through new items. Same as the kuva fortress tileset, really - while it may look pretty for screenshots, it's complete crap when you actually try to play on it and constantly get stuck on things (same reason why I hate the europa and eris tilesets) or lost in a pointless maze.

6 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

Same as the kuva fortress tileset, really - while it may look pretty for screenshots, it's complete crap when you actually try to play on it and constantly get stuck on things (same reason why I hate the europa and eris tilesets) or lost in a pointless maze.

I feel you. I can only refer to them as semi organised and mandated cluster f***s. They're nothing short of a forced mess that literally make no sense from any design or logic standpoint.

12 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

For the first time in this game... RNG I HATE YOU!!! I HATE YOU UNDERSTAND?! I HATE YOU!!!

/spend hours in this stupid defection missions and still no harrow systems for me :<

Yes, on top of that drop rates seem to be extremely low... Fun isnt it??

10 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Count me among the list of players who never want to see that mission type again. After basically being forced to poopsock this boring mission for 4 hours non-stop in order to get the actual reward for the event, I'm completely and thoroughly fed up with it. But then again, this has happened before. They took the most boring part of JV and stuck it on the starchart when Nidus came along - it's the injector mission from where you farm his components. I wonder what the occupancy level is for that node? How many players actually choose to go there (and only those who already have Nidus - let's not have the statistics polluted by enforced farm locations for one single item)?

And yes, now that I've got the Harrow part, I'm not setting foot on either of those three nodes unless DE try to force more players there through new items. Same as the kuva fortress tileset, really - while it may look pretty for screenshots, it's complete crap when you actually try to play on it and constantly get stuck on things (same reason why I hate the europa and eris tilesets) or lost in a pointless maze.

I suppose its the kind of mission DE adds just to put stuff in it? I have no idea why they added this mode tbh, just like infested salvage... Just why

I'm seriously considering buying the new warframe for platinum since you have to drop the part needed in rotation C with 11% chance... 
This game mode is so bad I dont' even understand how it got past playtesting