Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defection Missions. Why?

Stoner

3 hours ago, OvisCaedo said:

Did a 16 squad run earlier and all four C rotations paid out.... a 2500 credit cache. I know I've seen 240 endo from it sometimes, too.

AFAIK one rotation C = 8 group rescued. So what you seen was all two C rotations, not four.

10 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

Yes! I got it! Finally! Defection missions NO MORE! After hours and hours doing this rescues I finally got the Harrow's Systems! NEVER AGAIN!

/edit

LOL even farming Nidus was better than this.

Gratz. I run 1 or 2 missions per day max to not completely burn myself from this game. That's as much I can do before getting bored and alt+f4 ing. 

I hope someone's gonna ask DE about this gamemode at Tennocon this weekend. 

On 2.7.2017 at 1:57 PM, THeMooN85 said:

I'm doing 8 rescues and leave... and doing it again... it's pointless to go another rotations... it's harder, tougher, and meaningless. One rotation C and leave and redoing is the fastest way IMO. Those defection missions are to boring to go more than one rotation.

yes, this is a design problem indeed imo. there is no incentive whatsoever to push it in this mission, quite the contrary: because the first groups always have the shortest way (spawning @ A) and consist of only 3 defectors going from 0 to 8 repeatedly is always more effective than from 8 to 16 etc. and that's another reason this:

On 2.7.2017 at 4:24 AM, Stoner74 said:

Making the rewards based on single Kavor would be much better than "squads" there's now.

would probably be an apt idea.

as for the mission type itself: yeah, relying on AI pathfinding is always a potential well of frustration but still i actually kinda like the dynamics of it. like in excavation team coordination really is essential to keep things running smoothly and i appreciate that. i wish there was at least one more point D to get things even more hectic after a while and to make for faster progress, too. overall i think it's a nice addition, but progress to get to C rotation is too slow compared to other missions, also the rewards themselves are rather lacklustre so in that regard interception and excavation (eg) will always be preferable.

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir