Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have to pay to get the Riven from Harrow Quest?!

g8temzombie

K I thought this was a bug at first because I COULD NOT BELIEVE that you had to pay to get the melee riven.  They didn't do it with the war within, you didn't have to pay at least 225 plat then to get the riven.  But DE realized that they could have made a bunch of money if they did so they decided to do it now.  I feel this is literally one of the dumbest things I've had to deal with since coming back to the game after leaving for a while.  The message you get after you finish the quest says, "Take this offering, it's the thing of greatest value i can give you."  And i think the only "reward" we get is the BP?  For the people who literally only did this quest for the riven makes this incredibly frustrating.  I wouldn't have wasted my time with the quest and i feel like DE could have made it more apparent that they were going to money @#&*( this too instead of make the people who don't give a F about the frame waste the time with the quest, which i did enjoy up until the part where DIDNT GET A RIVEN :|.

They clarified on numerous occasions that in order to acquire a melee riven from the end of Chains of Harrow, you had to purchase him before activating the quest. It's to incentivize those who bought him to also play the quest. This began with Octavia's Anthem 2 months ago.

Yup.

"Similarly, players who purchase Harrow will receive a new veiled Riven Mod to round out their arsenals upon completion of his quest."

Harrow is the quest reward, those who bought him would get a duplicate of something they already have.

5 minutes ago, g8temzombie said:

K I thought this was a bug at first because I COULD NOT BELIEVE that you had to pay to get the melee riven.  They didn't do it with the war within, you didn't have to pay at least 225 plat then to get the riven.  

They have been doing this since Octavia's Anthem. It is as state above a incentive reward for people who CHOOSE to purchase Harrow before running the quest. Since riven mods are NOT required to play this game there is no baring on it being unfair to the rest of the community or how greedy DE is for allowing this to be the case. So much of give me everything attitude people have nowadays!

Thread has failed to remain respectful.

DE have stated numerous times that the melee riven was a reward for people who brought the frame so they would still be interested in playing the quest. Otherwise people wouldn't bother since they don't want to do a quest to get a blueprint they already had.

People who didn't buy Harrow, get the blueprint for him.

If you feel this is unfair then make a constructive and respectful feedback post stating why you feel it's unfair and why everyone should get a riven on completion of the quest and do it without the swearing as it's against the forum rules even if you have censored it.