Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

unable to connect to any players after Chains of Harrow

IFHQ

Just as it says, after the Chains of Harrow Update its completley impossible for me to connect to any public games already in progress, Its really starting to worry me, cause I love playing with randos, anyone else having this issue?

as.png

237 Quits... All because of Host Migration/Connection loses and too much Lag. And it got worse about a week ago. From one day to the Other all went to sh!t. 8/10 Games are not playable for me due to Lag or Host migration which results in me beeing transported back to my ship.

I know the issue here is directx. I have solved this in the past by disabling it, however, now there is no option to enable or disable it, so the error is back. Any way to fix it? It occurred because of Chains of Harrow in some way.

Edited by MVReed

Since the Harrow patch was released I've found I can no longer join ANY mission using "Public" setting. As soon as the mission loads I find that everyone in the team is stationary and I receive the Host Migration death sentence and am returned to ship. Attempting to reconnect to squad invariably results in "Session Unavailable". I was playing through Steam so I uninstalled the game and went to the Warframe website and downloaded from there hoping the issue would resolve but it remains. I unchecked the DirectX 11 box in the launcher to see if that would do the trick but once again, failure.

Cracking relics solo is a fools errand and this is a big part of the game. I guess I'm done with Warframe until this is fixed. I had absolutely ZERO problems pre-Harrow using the same equipment so the problem lies with the game itself, obviously. It also appears that this is a long term issue and I've found no workarounds or responses from DE in regards to it. Looks like I'm done for quite awhile. :sadcry:

After a bit of detective work I've come to the conclusion that much of this has to do with the lag in Peer connectivity related to Firewall settings in Windows and it's not just the proper port access for the game.

I set all the ports correctly so the Strict NAT settings were cleared and it had no effect. Then I discovered that the Inbound/Outbound rules were a bit scrambled and made no sense to me since the profiles for every instance of Warframe listed in the rules were all set to "Public" access only and did not include "Private" or "Domain" networks. I have no idea why or how this setting is this way and I'm no computer wizard but I set all of the instances related to the game listed in both Inbound and Outbound rules so that all of the network types were checked, hit "apply" and retried the game. It worked! Well . . . sort of.

While I still experienced host migrations and broken sessions that left me back aboard my ship, the frequency went from 100% broken to about 10% and I could play again with only a little frustration. I also noticed that the later in the day it got and into the wee hours of the morning the frequency increased which leads me to think that this increase in frequency is because as distance between the most active time zones and myself increased so does the latency. This may not be a perfect fix but it does work for the most part. There is still a lot of lag in the game but it varies from group to group and has little or nothing to do with rendering or graphics processing.

Here's the path to access the Firewall Rules for Windows 10. Just remember to only change the settings related to Warframe so you don't wind up naked and exposed to the world. (I'm sure there is a better pathway but, as I said, I'm no computer wizard.)

Settings / Search Firewall / Windows Firewall / Advanced Settings / Inbound Rules / Warframe (there will be several) / Right Click and select Properties / Advanced / Check each of the network type boxes in "Profiles" / Click "Apply" at the bottom of this window. Once this is done for each instance of Warframe in "Inbound Rules" you need to repeat the steps again in the "Outbound Rules" section.

Hope this helps! Cheers!:smile:

19 minutes ago, OscargamersB said:

With that solves the problem?

It seems to have helped but not completely. Before I changed those settings I could not group in Public at all. Afterwards I can group in Public about 80-90% of the time but I'm still experiencing lag and a few host migrations. Now I'm seeing all sorts of new bugs like mobs that spawn in a room with a door remain in that room until you hunt them down while the mobs that spawn outside rooms in the open areas behave normally. I think the Harrow patch broke quite a bit more of the game than they know of.

Let me know if it helps you out.

Edited by Huppa
additional

Every single time I try to join a group, be it through public matchmaking or invite, I'll hang on a black screen for about 10s, then the game will try to migrate the host only for me to lose connection and be kicked back to the liset. This is really frustrating and only started happening after the Harrow update dropped.

Same here. I keep getting long load times and blank screens then it says "Host Migration" as soon as I enter the game. This started happening since the Harrow update.