The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

unable to connect to any players after Chains of Harrow

IFHQ

I'm glad I found this post, this has been happening for way too long. I've also been having the same issue with connecting to any games. Same story as follows: connect to a game, everyone is frozen in place, and then host migration, then failed to connect. This is getting out of hand. The Chains of Harrow are literally chaining our connectivity problems from any contact with others. lol. But seriously, this is frustrating and should be looked at.

7 hours ago, nikitasius said:

P.S. disabled directX10&11. Maybe will work with 11 disabled only, need to test. But work fine with 2 disabled.

Tried that, been said in the thread, it doesn't work.

20 minutes ago, OscargamersB said:

I already sent it

Yep, got it, thx. I'll add some extra diag in the next build and will contact you again in order to gather some more information. Appreciate your help.

15 minutes ago, [DE]maciejs said:

Yep, got it, thx. I'll add some extra diag in the next build and will contact you again in order to gather some more information. Appreciate your help.

I hope they solve that soon I could not farm rhino prime is time limited

Edited by OscargamersB

2 hours ago, [DE]maciejs said:

So far I've only received one log that shed some light, but could use some more data points.

I have personally faced this issue since Specters of the Rail, but seeing as I never found anyone else with this problem until now, I never reported it. The only reason I think it's the same issue is because their descriptions sound like a 100% match to what I'm dealing with. 

I will send an EE.log once I am back home in a few days. Just wanted to mention my experience.

Thank you for your time.

Edit: One way my friends and I got around this was having me join after they had loaded the mission up. If I had already been disconnected from that same session this method no longer worked. Hope this helps in some way.

Edited by Enderworlder

You can add me into the list of people having the issue although it's not 100% of the time.  I can still get into public groups but a fair few times I have to go back to the landing craft, 'reload' navigation and try again, sometimes more than once, for it to actually register me as wanting to join a group.  Once it's registered me as wanting to join a group it's pretty quick to find a group.  

Will say it does seem that the star map seems awfully empty too so to me it seems like it's something relating to the server 'registering' users entering navigation and groups that are open.

3 hours ago, Synx-Synx said:

I'm also getting this issue, if I could get instructions to deliver my EE.log ill do it immediately after I replicate the issue

I would like the instructions as well. 

Starting today I haven't been able to connect to random squads, it just says "please wait" for 15 seconds and nothing happens, and when I host it's vise versa.

I found reducing your ping limit in gameplay settings will allow you to (most of the time) host the match, its a temporary fix

Re: I found borderless Full screen & windowed unaffected by this, but this might be isolated (like a bursa :D)

Edited by Synx-Synx
@Re

On 2017. 07. 05. at 8:32 AM, nikitasius said:

P.S. disabled directX10&11. Maybe will work with 11 disabled only, need to test. But work fine with 2 disabled.

Is it normal to have fps lag after I disable that? Also the quality got much worse with those settings.
It solved my connection issue as well, but the game experience changed drastically.

Yes, exactly. After I connect (with DX10/11 on) I can't move and everything is frozen. Some time the "Host migration.."/connection lose is instant, some times only after 2-3 sec. Windowed mod dose nothing for me sadly. I tried most combinations though.

Still having this issue,

host game > loading screen > black screen/game freeze > everybody connected to you suddenly got host migrated or has lost connection.

if i'm a joining a game,

loading screen > black screen/game freeze > i get disconnected and returns to liset.

tried disabling DX10,11 still having that issue.