Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new Razer Chroma lighting not working?

DisZeLegend

Cool to see you guys adding support for this in Update 21 but it seems its not working for me. When I launch the game and jump into a mission the keyboard,mouse and mouse pad don't light up and stay on the default profiles (I believe the game is suppose to override them?). All the drivers are up to date and im using the: Razer Blackwidow Chroma keyboard, Mamba TE mouse, and Firefly mouse pad. My setup properly works with chroma enabled games like Overwatch, Shadow Warrior 2 or Evolve though. Is there an option I need to enable for it to work?

The one thing ive noticed is that in the Razer Synapse app under the chroma app tab, Warframe does not show up under the apps list. Games that do show up are like Overwatch.exe, ShadowWarrior2.exe, evolve.exe but no Warframe.exe or something like that in there.

I was woundering the same thing as Right now I have a Black widdow, Razor Mamba chroma and Razor firefly.. Seems not to work yet.. I just really want the game to work properly with the colours :P 

Edited by -Bv-MarioMadness

Great... looks like you got a "fix" for this in the latest hotfix... now my Warframe keeps crashing... :thumbsup: for bringing this stupid BS feature to their attention!

Razor Mamba for me... not that it matters really

Edited by MDeero

currently running razer ornata chroma, razer mama tournament edition, and razer kraken 7.1 chroma. All items Turn pink and stay pink when i am in a game of warframe. The ocd is rising o.o 

Edited by Bowgun44

I have a RAZER (MAMBA); lol Bowgun , tournament edition and it does not work for me so rip, and my game crashes every time I die so I feel like that's a more important bug that needs to be fixed over rgb support lol 

I had something odd happening with my Razer Blackwidow Chroma that I never had happen before in-game. Suddenly the color scheme shifted from my custom one into slowly going from one color to another, doing some flashing and what not. It gave me a bit of a spook at first, but once I quit out of the game, it was back to normal. I haven't touched anything in regards of Razer Synapse besides the coloring, so I don't know why it started up now.

Edited by Akeiresh

So sorry on the late reply. Just logged in today and when I loaded up a mission my keyboard, mouse and mouse pad all changed. From what I noticed if you have a chroma enabled keyboard the color setup changes when you start a mission. The main feature for the keyboard is it plays "animations" when using abilites and said "animations" are slighhtly unique to each frame! For the mouse it flickers red when you take hits from enemies.  Also the energy color on your warframe affects the backlighting on the mouse and keyboard. On the mouse pad it splits color, left side is blue which I think represents your shields and health (it changes green when out of shields). The right side is yellow and acts like a magazine counter, when you fire it the color slowly diminishes until you reload again. Really cool feature DE!

-As far as crashing for me, ive noticed that ive had 3 crash to desktops in one game when I was using the new Knell pistol. Im not sure if its the lighting that causes it to crash or its if its the pistol itself. It happens when I extensivly use it after landing a headshot. Again I doubt its the lighting causing it but just wanna note what im crashing on. Other than that I have not crashed since I stopped using that pistol.

Hope it works for you guys! And for those who got it working enjoy the light show while spamming your abilites haha

Is there a way to disable the new razer lighting warframe offers?

Deathadder Chroma btw

for me my mouse is constantly switching between colours hundreds of times per minute, every single gunshot makes it shift colours and my mouse has started randomly disconnecting mid-game I can only assume from all of the input spam for colour shifting. I'm also worried about the LEDs in my mouse burning out from the constant rapid switching between colours.. Is there a way to turn it off? I checked the menu and couldn't find anything. I'd just like a way to disable it because on top of all of that the flashing distracts me, I can see it in my peripheral vision and it steals my attention.

I hope you guys can enjoy this new function but for me I just want to turn it off and yes I have tried manually turning off all lighting in razer synapse and even when I fully close razer synapse the mouse still constantly shifts between colours (only when in warframe, during a mission in gunfire)

14 minutes ago, Ginseikyo said:

Deathadder Chroma btw

for me my mouse is constantly switching between colours hundreds of times per minute, every single gunshot makes it shift colours and my mouse has started randomly disconnecting mid-game I can only assume from all of the input spam for colour shifting. I'm also worried about the LEDs in my mouse burning out from the constant rapid switching between colours.. Is there a way to turn it off? I checked the menu and couldn't find anything. I'd just like a way to disable it because on top of all of that the flashing distracts me, I can see it in my peripheral vision and it steals my attention.

I hope you guys can enjoy this new function but for me I just want to turn it off and yes I have tried manually turning off all lighting in razer synapse and even when I fully close razer synapse the mouse still constantly shifts between colours (only when in warframe, during a mission in gunfire)

Go to Razer Synapse and disable it in the chroma apps option.

21 hours ago, DisZeLegend said:

So sorry on the late reply. Just logged in today and when I loaded up a mission my keyboard, mouse and mouse pad all changed. From what I noticed if you have a chroma enabled keyboard the color setup changes when you start a mission. The main feature for the keyboard is it plays "animations" when using abilites and said "animations" are slighhtly unique to each frame! For the mouse it flickers red when you take hits from enemies.  Also the energy color on your warframe affects the backlighting on the mouse and keyboard. On the mouse pad it splits color, left side is blue which I think represents your shields and health (it changes green when out of shields). The right side is yellow and acts like a magazine counter, when you fire it the color slowly diminishes until you reload again. Really cool feature DE!

That's pretty cool and I wasn't aware of it, but that seems like it's too much of a distraction for the eyes and even annoying, especially for those who are running a custom color palette. Didn't know that, so thanks!

22 hours ago, Ginseikyo said:

Deathadder Chroma btw

Same issue here. Random disconnects that force me to pause the game and re-plug in my mouse.

22 hours ago, MaidGalaxy said:

Go to Razer Synapse and disable it in the chroma apps option.

I've done this and, despite having the option disabled, Warframe still overrides my mouse's lighting.

Might try to reinstall the Razer Synapse app just in case however, I wish there'd also be an in-game option to disable this somewhat useless feature.

EDIT: Re-installing fixed it.

Edited by Sil3nc3r

Well for me disabling this "feature" got rid of the crashes. It might be that the Knell pistol just makes the chroma app being used more frequently and therefore causes the crashes... bu i am very sure its not the pistol but the not even finished app. It even says in the release notes that it is not finished... yet they still decided to publish it.

I was having issues while I had the lighting set to 'breathing', somehow blending my default profile's with my warframe profile.

I have my desktop profile as spectrum cycle, while my warframe profile uses a single colour breathing. The chroma app update made my mouse lighting freeze for a while then breath back in and cycle the spectrum in <500ms.

Set the profile to use static lighting and it now looks okay with warframe overriding it with energy colours.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there, didnt want to create a new thread since this one is still "fresh". 

Since yesterday i also got a bug with the chroma lighting. 

As soon as i enable the Warframex64 app in Razer Synapse, my lighting will just freeze. Even after restarting the PC, my keyboard will be stuck with whatever color was last. 

Until i disable the app. 
As soon as i enable it again, the keyboard will become stuck again. 

I am using a Chroma V2 here. Synapse is up to date. 

So from what I've noticed, you  MUST change the Warframes innate ENERGY color to get the background effects.   Took me a bit to figure that part out, sadly.  Hope it helps others!

However, loading screens cause it to 'spaz out'/rapid flashing of the whole device for a second or 2.  There are some 'buggy' parts of it, but I have a feeling that's with the app itself and not with Razer or Warframe directly, but the software communication between the two.

The ONLY reason I'm replying here is that if you google warframe razer chroma this is still the first post that comes up.

For future reference, I'm using the Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 and have these issues, and yes, I keep my Razer Synapse up to date.  Which everyone knows they throw out updates pretty regularly for fixes and what not, minimum of weekly. And honestly, I have no clue who develops the apps for it either, so not sure where to place the blame!

Edited by -ZeroStar-
spelling

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/24/2017 at 12:19 AM, krodrobin said:

disabled razor chroma effects in game options. it lights up and no crashes thus far

How do you do this? The second I start a mission the lights on my keyboard and mouse go off for my Razer Ornata and Deathadder Elite