Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FPS drop Harrow update

EroticCakes

Hi guys,

I'm having some FPS issues (I'm not sure when they started, but I have them now - recently returned to Warframe a few weeks ago). In the Liset, I typically get ~130-140FPS (1920x1080), but this drops to 30-40 FPS quickly in a mission, even when there's not much happening. When running the grineer.outbreak stress test (afaik - just a quick google) causes the FPS to drop to ~35 within a minute. In a mission, the FPS rarely stabilises at around 70, but for the most part, it drops to and stays at around 35.

I'd expect a bit more FPS out of this machine - I don't remember having issues the last time I played :(. This seems to happen even when I turn everything down to low. My specs are:

i7 975 @ 3800Mhz

GTX 1060 6GB (No OC)

24GB DDR3 triple channel @ 1600Mhz

Windows 10 x64 15063.483

Is there anything that might be causing the issue? I've updated drivers, turned off overlays, disabled shadowplay etc.

Edited by shivshankar
3800ghz, lol

Doubt it is your GPU unless it is overheating

I have a 1060 and play at 3440x1440 didn't notice any FPS differences from 1080p still 40-60fps at the same settings

However my CPU seems to be quite stressed (i5-6400) which makes me think that is the bottleneck

Your CPU is a bit older and about 30% slower than mine which could be why you seem to be sticking at 30-40fps

I have the same issue with last patch: before the patch I had all effects on high and activated. Like this, the game runs on 60fps with VSync, no issues.
Now the game have fps drops dramatically.

Resources:

- VGA: asus 1070strix

- CPU: Intel I7 4790k

- Ram: HyperX 1886mhz, 8GBx4 (32gb)

- MB: asus Z97E

- CPU refrigeration: MasterAirMaker 8, Coolermaster

- Fans: 3 Fans NZXT

I have games like Diablo 3 running at max at 60fps with no drops, alot of games doing same thing but WF is having problems on it.

Edited by Palaover

I have the this issue with last patch: before the patch I had all effects on high and activated. Like this, the game runs on 60fps with VSync, no issues.Now the game have fps drops dramatically.Resources:

- VGA: asus 1070strix

- CPU: Intel I7 4790k

- Ram: HyperX 1886mhz, 8GBx4 (32gb)

- MB: asus Z97E

- CPU refrigeration: MasterAirMaker 8, Coolermaster

- Fans: 3 Fans NZXT

I have games like Diablo 3 running at max, 60x1080p with no drops, alot of games doing same thing but WF is having problems on it.

@hooperinius Whilst the CPU is pretty old, I don't think it is much of a problem in this scenario. I don't have much CPU usage (at least, on the cores warframe seems to be using). The CPU is also overclocked (prime stable, caps out at ~60c when rendering, so I don't think temps are an issue, no turbo boost ofc) so it does run a bit snappier than your average 975. I also used to have a far better framerate (on the same box) a few patches ago - perhaps U18? I accept that there has been graphical upgrades to the game since, but 60+FPS worth?

@Palaover I might have had some success by forcing the NVIDIA drivers to do PhysX on the GPU. I've not had much gametime since the change, though. I'll try and confirm if the FPS has in fact increased.

Edited by shivshankar

I don't have that good specs but they are definitely better than the minimum required and still on the lowest of the low settings i still get fps drops... What i noticed is that when i am playing solo I get waaay less fps drops  than when i am in a squad.... that quickly can change if i get like 10+ enemies on my screen..... the fps can go under 30.... It's really annoying and It effects my game play a lot.... 

I have an alienware alpha which is a desktop using 860M video card and it gets 40-60fps at 1080p so unless your 1060 is overheating/defective I really doubt that is the bottleneck.

One thing that sometimes helps in these FPS type games is to reduce the max prerendered frames in NVIDIA settings to 1 instead of 2 and disable vsync (use a framerate cap of say 60).

Changes they made seem to be with volumetric lighting and shadows so you could try turning those down too.

But how do you explain my problem? 2 weeks ago I didnt have any issues, now I do, and I didnt make any change on my general video settings or ingame. The temperatures on pc while I'm playing are lows, very lows..

Edited by Palaover

Ever since the "Sorrow" showed up, Warframe has been VERY twitchy. My PC is a little dated, but I'm well over the minimum requirements. It's like the frames speed up, and then slow down, and then they speed up again. It has gotten to be rather frustrating, so I think it might be time for a little break. It's a shame. Maybe a "hot fix" might address this. Can't leave though. I have spent quite a bit on plat, and love the random 75% coupons. 

Edited by Lordess_VigDis_VanGrayle

On 7/9/2017 at 5:04 AM, SerYreS said:

Guys theres a easy way to fix this, you only need a toaster to play on. Just go into Windowed Mode, change the resolution of the window manually to 160x120 and then change back to fullscreen. Even with max settings i get easily 60 fps!

DEStudHXUAEPDeK.jpg:large

The problem is we don't have toasters dude. Are you not reading how people are having this problem randomly and after the update?

This is my third post and I have seen MANY different people complaining about the random dropping in frame rates. I like other people, see frame rates go from 60+, to as low as 16 FPS, can we please get this fixed or at least have someone from DE address this?

Edited by Moongrime

5 hours ago, Spartan453 said:

Same here I'm from France, since last week I guess there are times the game juste drop to 10 or less FPS... I've a gaming pc with a strong configuration so I find it kinda strange..

This is the case for me as well. I'm way over required minimum, but my frame rates are over the place, and its not the case of lowering graphic settings.. 

The game is very well optimized and at the same time its not... I hope something will be done, cause I have seen a lot of people leaving for this same reason.

the answer is easy,after this patch,game become horrible,low fps,i naver had played with low fps, now is a trash,10-15 in better moment in earth, the idea for remasterization, was a bad ideia in my opinion,this game already have a good aparence,dont need put more effects,or if want put,ok, but give a option for players play with of without this new visual, OR, add more options in game settings to remove grass,and other effects that is lagging the game.

i cant play more this game after the last patch chains of harrow,.i hope the developers will fix this,or add more options for game settings, untill there i will never play again,me and my friends, really sad  =(

Edited by Zhaidron

I have the same issue, I set all my graphic settings to low and my frame rate got worse than what it was on high. Also the launcher would occasionally disable directx and some of my friends ran into the same issue. The game drops from 110+ FPS to 23 FPS in public missions, super annoying and I can't find the direct cause of it.

My PC Specs:

Ryzen 7 1800x

ASUS Prime X370-Pro 

EVGA GeForce GTX780 3GB 

Crucial 8 GB DDR4 2133 UDIMM

Corsair RM 750 PSU

1 hour ago, hooperinius said:

I'm not having any issues after disabling volumetric lighting and bloom (was like staring at a spotlight)

Disabled vsync and capped FPS at 75 to match monitor

i5 + 1060 @ 3440x1440

Low settings turns like everything off lol

Edited by Moongrime