Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plant related FPS drop

Xephier223

So first off, I do wanna say I LOVE the new design of earth, Oberon's hallowed ground and the detail that went into making their plants, but, whenever they are on screen my game experiences a huge FPS drop, i've checked with friends that have both higher and lower end machines and they seem to be having the same issue.

Earth has become unplayable for me since the update. When the vegetation shows my FPS drop a lot, and when enemies show up, too, I get between 6 and 9 FPS. If they increased the system requirements for this game (I TRULY hope not) they should say so.

Yesterday as a joke I made me resolution lower to get better frame rates, still managed to get worse frame rates than before the update.

Oberon's hallowed ground looks nice but now it completely ruins the game for other people that can't handle all the plants. The visuals it had before already impacted performance a bit too much for how prominent they were, but now it really hurts. And if the user has the corruption buff then it gets ridiculous, had someone on the mission use HG with that buff and I went from 60 to 30 in a single cast because there was ferns everywhere. The power still has the previous effects it seems so an option to disable vegetation would be nice.

What worries me is how none of the staff bothered to say anything about it this despite threads about this issues appearing ever so often. Wish in this big updates they made a thread or used the update bug thread to tell us which things are being worked on so we know which things we need to make more evident that they need to be fixed.

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl

Same issue, and I'm even angrier than some of you are.

Y'see, 3 days before Harrow, I'd finally gotten some extra memory for my Laptop.   Great!  Now Earth wouldn't be defecating on my framerate (and thus, ability to move/aim/play) .
This was true, and it was good. Framerates were now consistent with other planets/tilesets.

Then harrow hits, and my framerate is now worse than it was before I got the extra memory .
Earth was barely playable thanks to all the plants it allready had, now the devs have gone and made it outright un-playable.

I'm starting to think all the devs must have quite a lot of stock in the various computer/graphics card manufacterers.

I have the same issues on the Earth tilesets. On any other tileset, I pull a steady 60 fps with Medium settings. On Earth, it tanks to 30 fps. I've managed to squeeze 40 out of it by tanking the "Medium" settings to Low, but it's still a major drop.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2017 at 11:00 PM, Kromatia said:

I have the same issues on the Earth tilesets. On any other tileset, I pull a steady 60 fps with Medium settings. On Earth, it tanks to 30 fps. I've managed to squeeze 40 out of it by tanking the "Medium" settings to Low, but it's still a major drop.

I have this exact same issue. Although it's a bit annoying to change settings to low for every Earth mission, I'd hope for a way to remove/lower the foliage in the future (or better optimization!)

Specs for reference: i3 2120 3.3GHz, GT440 1GB, 8GB DDR3 RAM on windows 7.