Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please return SOME of the AOE to post 21.0.2 Opticor

Cryssoberyl

Look, it really was too good right after the update. Point and shoot, whole room dies. I get it. But this is too much of a regression. Now, once more, it barely hits anything other than its one target, and the whole reason people never used Opticor much is because, no matter how powerful it is, it's just too slow to kill enemies one by one.

Please, please, find some kind of middle ground between what we had post-patch and now. Let it do decent area damage. Despite all the buffs, the gun really needs to be able to do this to be viable.

After the Update 21 I finally had a reason to use it and sit around for it's long charge to reach at least half-way.

Now that it's back to Single Target, it's honestly not really worth it. Just bring a Supra Vandal and you can pump that much damage into a single target with pure damage (non-Crits), or spray it around a room of enemies in the same amount of time it'd take you to charge the Opticor.

And this is taking the Crit and Status buff into account too. Your Supra Vandal is more likely to wreck everything with Procs or even Crits before the Opticor even comes close to it. (I mean.....honestly, Status Chance on an Opticor was actually a joke my friend and I had. Pretty much THE WORSE gun to try and proc enemies with or melt Grineer armor.)

I guess I'm back to using Ferrox since it's pretty much an Opticor with faster charge time, more reliable crits, larger mag, and I believe faster reload.

I remember a time when explosions could hit nullifiers through their bubble.  I practiced a lot and got to the point where I could always land a shot on the floor at the edge of the bubble, instantly killing the nullifier.  If they increase the explosion range and let it do that thing again, it will be a top tier weapon.  Instead, it's been gathering dust in my inventory for about a year now but still manages to remain my most used weapon.

+ Big F gun, excellent design/concept.
+ Lots of damage potential.
+ Now has at least 1m punch through. :awkward:

- It's a laser CANNON that recharges very slowly and kills 1-2 enemies at a time. (do you realize how underwhelming that sounds?)
- For some unknown reason, it still has a 540 rifle ammo pool.
- AoE is "almost" non-existent.

My thoughts on this: 
▪ Recent buffs proved to be pointless since it already has a lot of base damage to begin with.
AoE damage should still proc off of enemy body shots and not only when hitting the surface. Also increased to "reasonable levels"
▪ Being a laser cannon that disintegrates enemies, I believe punch through should be a decent amount of at least 2-3m.
▪ Change ammo type to sniper, Reduce ammo pool to 30 from 540 as a mindless usage spam counter-measure.
Otherwise, just leave it to rot.

3 hours ago, Oranji said:

+ Big F gun, excellent design/concept.
+ Lots of damage potential.
+ Now has at least 1m punch through. :awkward:

- It's a laser CANNON that recharges very slowly and kills 1-2 enemies at a time. (do you realize how underwhelming that sounds?)
- For some unknown reason, it still has a 540 rifle ammo pool.
- AoE is "almost" non-existent.

My thoughts on this: 
▪ Recent buffs proved to be pointless since it already has a lot of base damage to begin with.
AoE damage should still proc off of enemy body shots and not only when hitting the surface. Also increased to "reasonable levels"
▪ Being a laser cannon that disintegrates enemies, I believe punch through should be a decent amount of at least 2-3m.
▪ Change ammo type to sniper, Reduce ammo pool to 30 from 540 as a mindless usage spam counter-measure.
Otherwise, just leave it to rot.

I second this. The weapon already has draw backs like charge time etc... More PT and a better AOE would help it a lot.

19 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

I remember you could install Firestorm on it, does it make difference?

no it doesn't, the AOE radius is INCREDIBLY tiny and to booth it literally doesn't deal any noticeable damage, with my build direct hits hit for 60k damage consistently yet a shot directly between the legs of an enemy deals barely 2-3k and enemies more than half a meter away take less that 1k damage.

Edited by bl4ckhunter