Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 9.1.4

[DE]Rebecca

It's your problem. Not each player has fully polarized or even potatoed frames. So, additional capacity would be nice for them. Don't whine.

It's your problem. Not each player has fully polarized or even potatoed frames. So, additional capacity would be nice for them. Don't whine.

You love your instant gratification, don't you? Working for benefits must be soooo stupid. Let's just give everyone infinite capacity right away. That would be nice for new players, right? Who needs progression anyway?

And those people who invested into the game? Yeah, screw those guys. Their problem.

Edited by DERebecca
Hid offensive remark

Aura boost, best idea ever.

Disagree with ppl that complains about it.

I used forma 3 times in my Warframe, who says it was a waste?, on the contrary, and after this aura change, I'm still going to forma 2 more times.

And the extra points just balanced the fact that you have to stick with 1 or 2 auras, before update it was to easy to change them.

I've seen a lot of complaining along the way in every patch (been playing for a while), but the game evolved, and overall is getting better and better with every change. Change is good, evolving is good. Pleasing 100 % of the players is imposible.

For those who disagree, stfu and deal with it.

For those that works making and improving the game, keep up the good work, you are doing a great job.

Edited by Gusti_Warframe

You love your instant gratification, don't you? Working for benefits must be soooo stupid. Let's just give everyone infinite capacity right away. That would be nice for new players, right? Who needs progression anyway?

And those people who invested into the game? Yeah, screw those guys. Their problem.

Honestly, just die.

Oye, that type of thought anywhere is unacceptable.

And I fail to see why you consider this aura change detrimental, just means you can push mods even further on some of the frames you haven't min/maxed/formed multiple times. You do not lose a thing, nor is anyone else penalized for trying to run a group buff. As was mentioned it gives you a massive amount of leniency, even on a frame that has 3+ forma run on it. 

I dont think a Rank 0 Warframe with an Aura mod that will give the frame 12 mod space is fair especially for those people who did work to make their frames fit the hefty mod load they have. It gives the lower levels that boost to get to mid-game. Cost for the extra power seems like the better thing.

Edit: Just a suggestion so its on here(Didnt read the above posts, too damn many), but not necessarily my idea. They should put the auras on the sentinels and it takes up mod space instead giving. but primarily on the sentinel so its gives the sentinal some more purpose.

Edited by Mochinpra

Oye, that type of thought anywhere is unacceptable.

And I fail to see why you consider this aura change detrimental, just means you can push mods even further on some of the frames you haven't min/maxed/formed multiple times. You do not lose a thing, nor is anyone else penalized for trying to run a group buff. As was mentioned it gives you a massive amount of leniency, even on a frame that has 3+ forma run on it.

I'm not suggesting penalizing it again, but it shouldn't give another extra boost on top of the aura effect. This change just makes the whole capacity and polarity system a joke. I can just slot random mods disregarding polarity now. Where is the point in that? I liked specializing my frame and putting effort into making the build that I want. Now it's just a waste.

And don't tell me it helps new players. New players don't have auras since they are alert-rewards.

Yes, filtering is needed. Subtitles too!

It'd be really handy if the Mod UI was all sexy and grid-view like the Foundry is now. You'd just have one entry for each different mod and a breakdown of how many you have and what rank they are in the sidebar. It would also serve to unify the UI aesthetic, which is what you seem to be going for.

Stay awesome, guys.

Are you kidding me!? I polarized my Loki second time just to fit bloody Energy Siphon and now I have 15(!!!) extra energy which i can use only to give Redirection 2 last levels and 1 last level to Switch teleport. Thanks for making me waste my resources.

In all honestly, DE try their hardest to appeal to the community but tackling each problem in baby steps is a more plausible approach than just giving us these countless "over-the-top" updates on problems that should never have been taking seriously in the first place. Nobody had any problem with the artifact system (everyone used them for a small bonus and nothing more) nor the item drop rate system (there is a reason bosses were farmed for rare resources).

In the future, please make sure that your updates are appropriate and not too lenient yet not too strict on the game. I want this game to be enjoyable but not to the point where I have to wait for a buff or nerf to try something fun in the game... because everyone is probably worried that their ideal warframe build is going to have to be reworked over and over again!

ps. love the alienware giveaway. yay!

Edited by rangeless

This is my first post.

I just wanted to thank the dev team for trying out new things, listening to the community, and trying to make this a better game.

I like the aura system now. I like that I am now thinking more about which aura I may choose. When this stuff was in artifact stage, I did switch around artifacts sometimes just to see how it changed things, but they always felt like some strange game mechanic that was really far removed from everything else. I love the fact that they are mods now because it feels like they feel more natural in the game's mechanics and world, and not some random chevron engraved cards I selected on the top right before a mission.

When the first change to mods came, I have to admit that I really hated it. It effectively removed the ability for me to make a decision based on the mission or just whatever I felt like. Forget formas requiring platinum, they also required you to invest TIME. A few days worth unless you're playing this game obsessively. A few days, just because I wanted to change my play style a bit. It would have ensured I always used one aura ever, because why would I want to deal with releveling my frame for days just to use an aura for a bit, then have to do it again?

With this new change, back is the freedom of using them at will. I don't deny that the extra mod energy is almost more than I know what to do with, especially if you've got a forma or two on a frame, and I worry about potential balancing issues. But I suddenly find myself enticed by the different possibilities of mods, especially on frames I don't have potatoed, Almost like a sneak peak into the real power of the frame for them. And I also understand this change was just made, so let's see where this goes.

I have to disagree with people saying this will kill diversity. You're still going to be limited to the 10 slots plus aura, and I don't see the extra energy really changing the endgame of your frame (if your warframe even SHOULD have an endgame), especially since everyone has basically decided which mods are really the BEST ones, and only make mod energy space for those ones and nothing else. Let's face it, nearly every last one of us has some variation of redirection, vitality, fast deflection, rush, flow, streamline, focus, stretch, 1-3 frame abilities, etc. You're probably still going to have nearly the same mod setup with the new aura system, just with the benefit of being able to level them higher if you so choose. And who knows, what if they introduce more useful mods that have much high energy costs, and then you'll have to start thinking about your setups again. Or maybe some other game mechanic change.

For the people upset that the used forma to min-max their frames, frankly, I feel like you were always going to be upset about anything that changed the meta powergaming structure of this game. You are upset that your hard work is no longer the best way, and that other people won't have to do the same thing. Sorry? Should all changes in this BETA be run through a filter to ensure your method of maxing a frame will always be best, and that your position of elite maxed warframes is never dethroned or devalued? I understand the value in having to put time and effort into a task, and having that be meaningful when you finally accomplish it. I'm reminded of World of Warcraft and mounts. But some of you sound so incredibly indignant about balancing in a BETA. Even if you don't like the aura system as it is now, how about some patience and faith in the team? Can we please show some more respect?

I want to thank the dev team one more time for showing so much tact and class when talking with us, and for listening to the communities concerns. I only started playing this game about 2-3 weeks ago, and this is one of the few times I've even visited this forum, but reading this thread and Steve's responses have started to make me a fan. I might just have to watch that live stream tomorrow now, hope I don't get busted at work for it.

I`m really happy to see that artifacts now give more energy instead of draining it. I think many will agree that having them take energy completely broke any builds people might have had. I know I simply couldn`t afford to squeeze in an artifact without forma-ing the hell out of a warframe. Really appreciate the change.

Thanks for being so awesome DE and listening to the community!

This is my first post.

I just wanted to thank the dev team for trying out new things, listening to the community, and trying to make this a better game.

I like the aura system now. I like that I am now thinking more about which aura I may choose. When this stuff was in artifact stage, I did switch around artifacts sometimes just to see how it changed things, but they always felt like some strange game mechanic that was really far removed from everything else. I love the fact that they are mods now because it feels like they feel more natural in the game's mechanics and world, and not some random chevron engraved cards I selected on the top right before a mission.

When the first change to mods came, I have to admit that I really hated it. It effectively removed the ability for me to make a decision based on the mission or just whatever I felt like. Forget formas requiring platinum, they also required you to invest TIME. A few days worth unless you're playing this game obsessively. A few days, just because I wanted to change my play style a bit. It would have ensured I always used one aura ever, because why would I want to deal with releveling my frame for days just to use an aura for a bit, then have to do it again?

With this new change, back is the freedom of using them at will. I don't deny that the extra mod energy is almost more than I know what to do with, especially if you've got a forma or two on a frame, and I worry about potential balancing issues. But I suddenly find myself enticed by the different possibilities of mods, especially on frames I don't have potatoed, Almost like a sneak peak into the real power of the frame for them. And I also understand this change was just made, so let's see where this goes.

I have to disagree with people saying this will kill diversity. You're still going to be limited to the 10 slots plus aura, and I don't see the extra energy really changing the endgame of your frame (if your warframe even SHOULD have an endgame), especially since everyone has basically decided which mods are really the BEST ones, and only make mod energy space for those ones and nothing else. Let's face it, nearly every last one of us has some variation of redirection, vitality, fast deflection, rush, flow, streamline, focus, stretch, 1-3 frame abilities, etc. You're probably still going to have nearly the same mod setup with the new aura system, just with the benefit of being able to level them higher if you so choose. And who knows, what if they introduce more useful mods that have much high energy costs, and then you'll have to start thinking about your setups again. Or maybe some other game mechanic change.

For the people upset that the used forma to min-max their frames, frankly, I feel like you were always going to be upset about anything that changed the meta powergaming structure of this game. You are upset that your hard work is no longer the best way, and that other people won't have to do the same thing. Sorry? Should all changes in this BETA be run through a filter to ensure your method of maxing a frame will always be best, and that your position of elite maxed warframes is never dethroned or devalued? I understand the value in having to put time and effort into a task, and having that be meaningful when you finally accomplish it. I'm reminded of World of Warcraft and mounts. But some of you sound so incredibly indignant about balancing in a BETA. Even if you don't like the aura system as it is now, how about some patience and faith in the team? Can we please show some more respect?

I want to thank the dev team one more time for showing so much tact and class when talking with us, and for listening to the communities concerns. I only started playing this game about 2-3 weeks ago, and this is one of the few times I've even visited this forum, but reading this thread and Steve's responses have started to make me a fan. I might just have to watch that live stream tomorrow now, hope I don't get busted at work for it.

You know, I'm fine with changing the balance, but what I am not fine with is the omnibeneficial nature of auras now. They have absolutely no cost and no downsides. Mods cost capacity. Increasing capacity costs resources and time. Auras however completely defy the system. They are an anomaly and that is what's wrong with them. They are power creep in its absolute purest form.

Changes:

Aura mods now *boost* your mod capacity rather than drain it.

Yes ! :)

The only thing i´ve been waiting for ! :)

Thank you !

Edit: Thanks to this change i can finally have better mod capacity to do the hardest things , people say it will be a balance issue but the truth is that now this only helps to keep the balance against the monsters. This is a PVE game after all , the only ones that shoud be "crying" right now are the mobs ^^

Edited by Machiine