Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 9.1.4

[DE]Rebecca

Of course this happens right after I used a Forma on my Frost Prime and got rid of my Aura mods. >.<

Guess I have some spare points for future dual mods if nothing else

Edited by Aeshi

Yes, sorry about that - that said, if you forma and match polarities it doubles the benefit!

GREAT way to fix the Aura issue guys!  really amazing and FAST work! 

however...does anyone know what this means what Becs and Stevo said about 'forma and doubles the benefit'?  i iz confused?

So with a upgraded frame we get 60 energy for mods, but now if I put in Aura, do I get to put in 60+ ? Can't test because at work for a long period of time and when I go back home I'm just f'ing tired, just play some and sleep...

Edited by ColinMcRaeTR

Of course this happens right after I used a Forma on my Frost Prime and got rid of my Aura mods. >.<

Guess I have some spare points for future dual mods if nothing else

Too bad dual mods don't cost more.

So now that I don't have to use a phone keyboard anymore let me tell you how I think the Auras should work:

The current aura system has the fundamental issue that it grants additional power and mod capacity at no cost whatsoever. So what could we change without screwing over people who invested forma? I vote for reversed capacity boost progression. This means that you get less additional capacity the higher the aura rank goes.

In my concept a rank 0 Aura mod would give 10 additional capacity points when slotted in a matching polarity and no additional cap when slotted in a mismatched polarity. This way you can slot every aura at no cost, while also granting a bonus for matching polarity. A mismatched rank 0 aura would equal the effect that we had pre-U9, giving the base Aura effect without impacting mod capacity. Matching polarity however would give you a boost, which can be helpful to unpotatoed frames and new players. Maybe every Warframe should maybe start out with one matching rank 0 aura mod to help new players get into the game.

Now to upgrading: A fully upgraded Aura with matching polarity would no longer grant you additional mod capacity, but not cost any either. With this you would still have a much higher aura bonus than what we used to get from the old artifact system at the same price. A mismatched maxed aura however would cost you 5 mod capacity. This isn't much, but you gain the much better aura effect exchange for that cap. Benefits don't come for free after all.

This system would allow pre-U9 builds to work as they used to again while still allowing for higher performance builds without getting an annoying cap surplus even with maxed mods.

All this is of course just my opinion, but I think it's a more balanced approach than the massive power creep that the current system brings.

Woah, Auro now boosts mod points? Freaking awesome, Now I won't have to Forma all my frames if I want to switch around and try some new build or fill another role..

Great update. Keep up the good work DE!

Edited by Nemorensis

Changes:

Aura mods now *boost* your mod capacity rather than drain it.

Foundry changes: Components that you have 0 of don’t show, transition time between panels cut in half, sort by 'type' added, screen transition and panel transition concurrent.

Added clear labels to Dojo Halls to denote that if you build a bigger hall, you move up a Clan Tier and resources will scale accordingly.

Fixes:

Fang Prime speed buff.

Further Sobek changes: more damage, longer reload.

Notes:

For those that polarized the Aura slot to match an Aura mod, its not wasted - it doubles the benefit!

Interesting.

Too bad dual mods don't cost more.

So now that I don't have to use a phone keyboard anymore let me tell you how I think the Auras should work:

The current aura system has the fundamental issue that it grants additional power and mod capacity at no cost whatsoever. So what could we change without screwing over people who invested forma? I vote for reversed capacity boost progression. This means that you get less additional capacity the higher the aura rank goes.

In my concept a rank 0 Aura mod would give 10 additional capacity points when slotted in a matching polarity and no additional cap when slotted in a mismatched polarity. This way you can slot every aura at no cost, while also granting a bonus for matching polarity. A mismatched rank 0 aura would equal the effect that we had pre-U9, giving the base Aura effect without impacting mod capacity. Matching polarity however would give you a boost, which can be helpful to unpotatoed frames and new players. Maybe every Warframe should maybe start out with one matching rank 0 aura mod to help new players get into the game.

Now to upgrading: A fully upgraded Aura with matching polarity would no longer grant you additional mod capacity, but not cost any either. With this you would still have a much higher aura bonus than what we used to get from the old artifact system at the same price. A mismatched maxed aura however would cost you 5 mod capacity. This isn't much, but you gain the much better aura effect exchange for that cap. Benefits don't come for free after all.

This system would allow pre-U9 builds to work as they used to again while still allowing for higher performance builds without getting an annoying cap surplus even with maxed mods.

All this is of course just my opinion, but I think it's a more balanced approach than the massive power creep that the current system brings.

That's probably why they made the change, some people had every single slot polarized, and re-polarized some ability slots so that they can accommodate the mods they need, and even with every slot polarized you still could not max out all mods. I am now finally able to add a Aura mod since the change as I had zero mod points left and also no other slot to polarize... and removing a warframe mod just to add a Aura mod is, well was, not the way to do it, for me that was a step back, but luckily they fixed that now and I will be able to use energy siphon again :) And maybe even max out all my mods!

That's probably why they made the change, some people had every single slot polarized, and re-polarized some ability slots so that they can accommodate the mods they need, and even with every slot polarized you still could not max out all mods. I am now finally able to add a Aura mod since the change as I had zero mod points left and also no other slot to polarize... and removing a warframe mod just to add a Aura mod is, well was, not the way to do it, for me that was a step back, but luckily they fixed that now and I will be able to use energy siphon again :) And maybe even max out all my mods!

But you were able to max out everything before if you invested in the Warframe and specialized on your build. but now I have 18 spare cap with all mods maxed. It simply is too much. With my suggestion you could still max everything if you invest the time and effort to polarize your slots. It would even give you a stronger Warframe than the old system still. Polarizing ability slots had nothing to do with getting the mods you need btw, since those were limited by slot number, not capacity. Ability mods mostly cost less than non-ability slots. I polarized ability slots simply because the abilities just weren't good enough.

Added clear labels to Dojo Halls to denote that if you build a bigger hall, you move up a Clan Tier and resources will scale accordingly.

How about all of us who build the Halls without knowing? We're only 4 IRL friends in my clan, so we need a way to demote to the lower clan costs again..

So with a upgraded frame we get 60 energy for mods, but now if I put in Aura, do I get to put in 60+ ? Can't test because at work for a long period of time and when I go back home I'm just f'ing tired, just play some and sleep...

Yes, will go over 60 now

Edited by srt001

I like the old AURA system. The game is too easy now.

Maybe the best solution is to add 2 mod slots to warframe and integrate AURA slot as a standard warframe's mod (without AURA boosting warframe's mod capacity etc).

Total warframe mods capacity should remain at 30 (60) ... ?

Edited by trasha

Atm im hating vampire mode... or its my crappy luck getting bad rng getting almost zero mobs when heading towards objective and dying due that. Last time with banshee he just kept firing weapon and not dying.

Cry... insta failed mission suddenly on last minute when vampire mode turns timed run when host leaves, not nice.

Edited by Hiders