Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 9.1.4

[DE]Rebecca

But you were able to max out everything before if you invested in the Warframe and specialized on your build. but now I have 18 spare cap with all mods maxed. It simply is too much. With my suggestion you could still max everything if you invest the time and effort to polarize your slots. It would even give you a stronger Warframe than the old system still. Polarizing ability slots had nothing to do with getting the mods you need btw, since those were limited by slot number, not capacity. Ability mods mostly cost less than non-ability slots. I polarized ability slots simply because the abilities just weren't good enough.

nope, I still needed 14 mod points to max out Redirection, Steel Fibre and Vitality. All other mods were maxed. So no, some of us were not able to max out everything even with all slots polarized. Not all frames are like this, and suppose depends on what mods you want on.

In all honestly, DE try their hardest to appeal to the community but tackling each problem in baby steps is a more plausible approach than just giving us these countless "over-the-top" updates on problems that should never have been taking seriously in the first place. Nobody had any problem with the artifact system (everyone used them for a small bonus and nothing more) nor the item drop rate system (there is a reason bosses were farmed for rare resources).

In the future, please make sure that your updates are appropriate and not too lenient yet not too strict on the game. I want this game to be enjoyable but not to the point where I have to wait for a buff or nerf to try something fun in the game... because everyone is probably worried that their ideal warframe build is going to have to be reworked over and over again!

ps. love the alienware giveaway. yay!

This is why Warframe shouldn't be called an Open Beta.  Beta used to indicate that the majority of kinks have been worked out and that it's well on its way to gold (production).  The fact is since I've joined the Open Beta in April there have been really radical changes that have occurred since Update 7.  Things that have taken some other MMOs (since) I've played almost 2 years to hammer out on their own.  

This is what we call in the Software Industry an Alpha build.  

nope, I still needed 14 mod points to max out Redirection, Steel Fibre and Vitality. All other mods were maxed. So no, some of us were not able to max out everything even with all slots polarized. Not all frames are like this, and suppose depends on what mods you want on.

Still, the idea with capacity was that you could not max everything. What's the point of a capacity system if it no longer matches?

This is why Warframe shouldn't be called an Open Beta.  Beta used to indicate that the majority of kinks have been worked out and that it's well on its way to gold (production).  The fact is since I've joined the Open Beta in April there have been really radical changes that have occurred since Update 7.  Things that have taken some other MMOs (since) I've played almost 2 years to hammer out on their own.  

This is what we call in the Software Industry an Alpha build.  

Not really. There have been no real massive core changes. Most of it is fairly superficial. The basic framework hasn't changed really. The mod system still works in the same basic way with just some rule changes, but mechanically it is still the same.

Edited by Liandra

Overdid it. Lost a lot of strategic depth with this update :/

Also means I now have insanely more mod points on my 5-forma banshee than I'll ever know what to do with. We getting more slots any time soon?

Not everyone has the money or time to forma their warframes 5 bloody times. Think of it this way - you now have even more room to put literally anything you want to make your frame as powerful as you like, while other people who don't have all those formas like you do can finally enjoy a small bit of leniency with their frames.

Changes:

Aura mods now *boost* your mod capacity rather than drain it.

Let me get this straight.  

First you remove the entire artifact system introduced in an earlier update by moving the artifacts to mod cards (for the warframe) and calling them "Auras"

Then you make the use of these Aura Cards cost points to use them.  Points people didn't have and complained about quite loudly (along with the blind spot it created when the artifact cards are removed from forming up groups for a level) as a what can only be described as a "greedy move" on the part of the developers. 

Now you're rewarding the use of Auras by adding mod points to the Warframe so that people.  The more the aura slot is built up, the more points that they can use, and even more if the aura slot is polarized... 

...Do you Developers have a clear vision on what you're aiming to do with this game?  The beginning of Fall is only 66 days away and the amount of changes that you've worked in since I joined in Update 7 indicates (to me) you're listening too much to the whims and complaints of the players in the forums and not enough to making this game playable for the casual MMO player.  And that's where the majority of your revenue's going to come from. A group I'm already firmly entrenched in.  

ooooooooh that's why sobek's reload felt longer than before. I liked it how it was before though, Im a freak when it comes to reloading and hate having to wait for long reloads. (I have a maxed quick draw on my despair :L porbably a big waste) but the extra damage does help with clearing a swarm of enemies without having to reload. well I guess Im gonna have to max a tactical pump :(

I love how everyone praises DE now that they got big power boost without regarding overall game balance and depth. Pathetic...

And all that proves is that you hate the human race because at some point EVERY human does that, and if you haven't than... I guess you're not human...

How does it benefit if you don't have the choice to choose which Aura mod you want to use even though you could get the penalty...

Perhaps its a bug

if my for example Saryn uses Rejuvenation it receives a boost. But some missions require high energy amounts and I need Energy Siphon mod... I cant use it... I cant put it on the Aura mod. 

You should keep the "penalty mod allocation". 

But yes I am very happy about the boost. Some classes will benefit immensely and for some others it saves the Forma.

P.S: I love to be inside a "guild" :P 

Not quite. What you have essentially done is overloaded your normal mod capacity.  Energy Siphon will grant less mod cap then Rej, and you would drop into the negative mod cap if the difference is applied, so you need to rebalance your mods before putting ES in there.

Let me get this straight.  

First you remove the entire artifact system introduced in an earlier update by moving the artifacts to mod cards (for the warframe) and calling them "Auras"

Then you make the use of these Aura Cards cost points to use them.  Points people didn't have and complained about quite loudly (along with the blind spot it created when the artifact cards are removed from forming up groups for a level) as a what can only be described as a "greedy move" on the part of the developers. 

Now you're rewarding the use of Auras by adding mod points to the Warframe so that people.  The more the aura slot is built up, the more points that they can use, and even more if the aura slot is polarized... 

...Do you Developers have a clear vision on what you're aiming to do with this game?  The beginning of Fall is only 66 days away and the amount of changes that you've worked in since I joined in Update 7 indicates (to me) you're listening too much to the whims and complaints of the players in the forums and not enough to making this game playable for the casual MMO player.  And that's where the majority of your revenue's going to come from. A group I'm already firmly entrenched in.  

First of all, it's not that people didn't have mod points, NEW people or people who play casually (not a lot) didn't had enough points, I had enough points on all of my frames, but you have to be sure that everyone else have it too, and not restricting people to not use auras (when they could use them for free in pre update version)

Second: It's not greedy move, it's tactical move, but again, you have to be sure that you think about new and casual players too

Third: I see nothing wrong in awarding mod capacity when you use auras, it's better than taking away mod cap, maybe the best would be that they make it free like before (no awarding, no taking away)

Forth: No one will take you serious if you call people "whims", there is free speech and people can say whatever they want (that it doesn't break normal social rules), and then devs can either listen or not listen, in this case they did coz the system was wrong and made game hard for new and casual players like I said above

Fifth: This game is not a casual MMO (thx god, and that's why I love it), it's more like "different" Third Person Shooter MMO, if you want WoW in space, you wont get that here, and I am sure that they are not getting majority of revenue's from that kind of players, coz I know a lot of friends who paid for founder pack who are casual players (the ones who doesn't play long, just for fun) to support developers

You know, I'm fine with changing the balance, but what I am not fine with is the omnibeneficial nature of auras now. They have absolutely no cost and no downsides. Mods cost capacity. Increasing capacity costs resources and time. Auras however completely defy the system. They are an anomaly and that is what's wrong with them. They are power creep in its absolute purest form.

In my experience, with all other things being equal, players will often shun options which benefit the group in favor of options which benefit themselves. The only reliable solution to this is to make cooperative options more attractive than selfish ones.

That's the thing I like most about the new aura system. It makes even a selfish player want an aura mod as fast as possible, and even makes them want to upgrade it as quickly as possible.

Under the old system, many players would see aura mods as the lowest possible priority, or even a waste of space and time.

In the system you proposed (only providing slots when polarized and unupgraded), players would be strongly discouraged from upgrading an aura until everything else is maxed out.

Both encourage players to be more selfish in their prioroties, and don't get players very enthusiastic about maxing out their auras. The new mechanics easily make aura mods the most attractive available options, which actually helps build a pavlovian link between helping other players and becoming more powerful oneself. It's the same effect as having revives grant experience and being listed in the mission log.

If you are concerned about power creep at high-level play, how about this as an option:

Have the last two level upgrades of every warframe mod increase the slot value by 2 each instead of one.

So a maxed-out set of mods on a non-polarized warframe (except for the aura slot) would cost an extra 20 slots in total, more than canceling out the aura bonus and further encouraging polarization, while a fully polarized warframe would still have an extra 4 slots to play with, which is less compromising than even your proposed 10 for an unupgraded, polarized aura.

Meanwhile, low and mid-level players who have very few polarizations/maxed-out mods still come out at least a little ahead of where they would be under the cost-neutral artifact system, while everyone would still be very strongly encouraged to get and use the best auras they can.

Edit:

And all that proves is that you hate the human race because at some point EVERY human does that, and if you haven't than... I guess you're not human...

Please oh please stop dehumanizing others. It is always, unambiguously immoral and counterproductive.

Edited by Kinethia

well the aura change is a nice idea, BUT, i think it would be better if the increase of an aura lowers the capacity benefit.

this way there are diffrent kinda ways to play, do i want more points for my warframe? - so Im playing with a low aura. Do i want my aura to rock? - so i've to cut corners with the benefits on my warframe.

Maybe even go that far, that an aura aigain starts to use up capicity at a certain level.

just think about it, would give the whole aura-thing a lot more taktikal options.

never the less, your on a good way guys, keep it up!