Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Massive fps drops

ObviousLee

So I'm using a spare computer while gutting my main PC. Turns out, even with a nvidia geforce 9800 gtx, eight gigs of ram, and a 2.4 quadcore processor it is impossible for me to get higher than 5 frames per second. No, I'm not running any programs in the background, my drivers are up to date, and i've verified and optimized the cache. Help?

are you actually using a 9800gtx... thats from like 2008 so is likely to have low fps.  Having said that if you're stuck at 5fps there's something underlying thats causing the issues and it could be hardware or software related.  A reinstall of windows could fix it.

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ (~2.2Ghz dual core CPU)
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM.
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600.
  • DirectX: 9.0c.
  • Hard Drive: 5 GB free HD space.

I'd be looking straight at that 9800GTX or the Quadcore.

8GB of RAM is more than enough for Warframe.

I use a GTX 750ti and have no problems running Warframe at all. so maybe just spend ~$100 and buy a newer but cheap card (only if you plan on using that Pc for a a while though)

Well, any recent game may sometimes struggle at 2.4GHz, even with an eight-core CPU, such as mine (running at 4.7GHz here though). A quad-core CPU will have even more issues these days. Also, a 9800 GTX is just barely above the minimum requirements, which mostly state what you'll need to at all run the game, but not necessarily at an enjoyable frame rate.

Normally I'd ask for the rest of the specs (such as RAM frequency and the like), but it's fairly obvious that both the CPU and GPU are unable to handle the game at this point. There may be other reasons, of course, but going through all of them is really a whole lot of analysis and writing. So before I go down that route and do an in-depth post about it, please state whether or not you'd want my help on the matter.

(I've made some in-depth help posts before and had them either ignored or received no further response, so I don't want to waste my time, as harsh as it may sound.)

Edited by Ferah_Frithu