Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The chain of harrow further accentuates an issue

(PSN)Romulus93

1 minute ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

You know, the energy bar.

Oh, that's a huge difference. We could really do with that being bigger or having more regen, but not gone. I'm kinda expecting the operator to get mods whenever focus ability and operator mode is overhauled n merged.

41 minutes ago, maj.death said:

Oh, that's a huge difference. We could really do with that being bigger or having more regen, but not gone. I'm kinda expecting the operator to get mods whenever focus ability and operator mode is overhauled n merged.

Well, as a probably most powerful beings in current known universe (at least in lore), being that can constantly use transference and channel huge amount of power through Warframe I'd say amount of energy should be much greater than it is now. It's 100hp with no shields. At least let us avoid and hide for longer, since the ray would require additional damage buff to be actually useful.

Really I have no problem with an "energy" bar (But the reticle is a terrible indicator)

But

The only "defensive" ability: "void mode" should not pull from the same source. We should have something that we can do when the bar runs out, currently it's just: bar runs out -> run until bar full or dead depending on luck.

Maybe we could have a forward roll that mitigates damage and give us a little speed impulse with a ~1s cooldown to prevent awkward-looking roll spamming, just something dynamic to do while the bar is depleted.

Nut really I'd like to see the focus abilities properly represented in operator mode, maybe revamped focus abilities could be "slotted" in each of those 4 slots replacing the blast/stun/cloak/dash.

Or activating your active focus tree supplants your default 4 Tenno abilities with 4 from the tree for a reasonable duration (so as to quest-ability-locked sections from breaking) or perhaps a toggle using the long transference press.

Actually I like that, in your default operator mode you get the normal abilities but when ready a long press flips you into "focus mode" where you float and have 4 school-specific abilities, you could even use the "active/inactive" system from the trees to chose which 4 abilities you want for each school. Then a second long press could take you back to normal operator mode.

Edited by SilentMobius

Operators are in alpha more or less.

Just the fact we start by sitting in the chair, then press 5 and BOOM we step out of the warframe.

A logic step missing there. Either I move into the frame or I don't.

Would be cool if there was pros.and cons for both, possibly Umbra will let us tailor our skillset more.

6 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Operators are in alpha more or less.

Just the fact we start by sitting in the chair, then press 5 and BOOM we step out of the warframe.

A logic step missing there. Either I move into the frame or I don't.

Would be cool if there was pros.and cons for both, possibly Umbra will let us tailor our skillset more.

Do you read quests ? :clem: 

Because the whole thing is explained 

19 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

Do you read quests ? :clem: 

Because the whole thing is explained 

You missed my point. 

In Second Dream,  we learned we are using a chair to control a neurologicly-matched surrogate from great distance. 

In war Within we learned that Tenno can posess without the chair. We moved ourselves into the frame and became vulnerable to the Queen.

Today we still use the chair,  but we don't really need to do it.

And yet,  in a second, we can warp our entire being into the frame that we allready have a online-link with from the chair.

This makes no sense to me. I don't even need the chair anymore.  And doing remote Transference and controlling it by being inside it, SHOULD be 2 different things. 

1 minute ago, arch111 said:

You missed my point. 

In Second Dream,  we learned we are using a chair to control a neurologicly-matched surrogate from great distance. 

In war Within we learned that Tenno can posess without the chair. We moved ourselves into the frame and became vulnerable to the Queen.

Today we still use the chair,  but we don't really need to do it.

And yet,  in a second, we can warp our entire being into the frame that we allready have a online-link with from the chair.

This makes no sense to me. I don't even need the chair anymore.  And doing remote Transference and controlling it by being inside it, SHOULD be 2 different things. 

Yeah, like I said, the quest is totally clear with that. Even Lotus/Ordis is like "wtf", but the tenno got rid of the old transference. He can now feel/join his warframe instantly, like you do in the quest when you lost it. Since TWW you don't need the chair at all, it's just a chair now, the best place to wait while you're tranferospaconinjatoing :clem:

Also : YOU'RE NOT IN THE WARFRAME, NEVER !! You just control it and feel the void link between you and it, so you can use this link to travel

To be honest, I actually rather doubt that DE will rework Focus and Transference in a way which results in Operators who are genuinely fun to play and fully functional, for a very simple reason:

Operators suck because that's what DE want.

They could have made Focus more balanced. They didn't.

They could have fixed Transference mode's shortcomings. They didn't.

They could have reworked how the rather dreadful Operator dialogue works. They didn't.

If someone consistently, for upwards of a year, absolutely flat out refuses to do a thing, a thing which could be done in some aspects by literally changing some numbers in a database, it is because they do not want to do that thing. For whatever insane reason, DE simply do not appear to want Operators to be 'too' good.

48 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

Yeah, like I said, the quest is totally clear with that. Even Lotus/Ordis is like "wtf", but the tenno got rid of the old transference. He can now feel/join his warframe instantly, like you do in the quest when you lost it. Since TWW you don't need the chair at all, it's just a chair now, the best place to wait while you're tranferospaconinjatoing :clem:

Also : YOU'RE NOT IN THE WARFRAME, NEVER !! You just control it and feel the void link between you and it, so you can use this link to travel

No. We actually can use Transference to go into a thing. How do you suppose we moved from orbiter to Queens throneroom in the flesh via Transference?  

Remember Titania? A human got stuck inside a tree.

14 minutes ago, arch111 said:

No. We actually can use Transference to go into a thing. How do you suppose we moved from orbiter to Queens throneroom in the flesh via Transference?  

FFS, read me too, not only quests xD

That's clearly what I said, you can use the void link to travel NEAR your warframe, not INSIDE. You can even do the other way and pop you warframe near you

We can also use it to control things, but we're never "inside" anything, not in a physical way tho. Imagine the tenno in another plan (sort of like Limbo) when he's using transference.

And we don't clearly know what are warframes exactly, to me it was human at some point. (Hayden Tenno is a good hint in Dark Sector on how I see early/original frames) So, this "tree episode" is nothing crazy to me. Back when Silvana and Titania were alive, transference was totally different, and same for warframes. (Yeah, Titania died. Same for Mirage. Our actual frames can't "die" like that)

Edited by Xgomme

27 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

FFS, read me too, not only quests xD

That's clearly what I said, you can use the void link to travel NEAR your warframe, not INSIDE. You can even do the other way and pop you warframe near you

We can also use it to control things, but we're never "inside" anything, not in a physical way tho. Imagine the tenno in another plan (sort of like Limbo) when he's using transference.

And we don't clearly know what are warframes exactly, to me it was human at some point. (Hayden Tenno is a good hint in Dark Sector on how I see early/original frames) So, this "tree episode" is nothing crazy to me. Back when Silvana and Titania were alive, transference was totally different, and same for warframes. (Yeah, Titania died. Same for Mirage. Our actual frames can't "die" like that)

We shall see. Rell sort of lived in his warframe,  his vessel. 

The idea of warframes being small solar Rails kind of make sense though, we DO travel to our warframes.

It's just silly the more I think About it.

57 minutes ago, arch111 said:

The frame is being used like an exit portal. From the chair we turn into energy, that energy travels (probably through the Void) to the frame where it coalesces back into the operator. 

4 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

The frame is being used like an exit portal. From the chair we turn into energy, that energy travels (probably through the Void) to the frame where it coalesces back into the operator. 

I guess that's the only way too look at it. I still feel we posess it though some way, like we did the Golden Maw.

*shrug*

12 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Shodian said:

All I can say is make sure to tune in to Tennocon this weekend. :)

Bleh...Those implications are ominous.

...If I want to watch emo/angsty/angry kids play psychic detectives, I can watch Yu Yu Hakusho.

As it stands now, I think that Chains of Harrow was a really interesting quest all the way up to the end fight because of the operator and got nothing out of it from that point aside from a series of floating screens.

By the end of that fight, I didn't give two craps about Rell... I just wanted to leave. 

If that's their plan in the face of Destiny 2 and Anthem... Let's hope it's not their "big plan" as opposed to merely a QoL update. 

Otherwise,  that'd be a plan worthy of Wile E. Coyote.

Image result for wile e coyote acme jetpack

1 minute ago, arch111 said:

I guess that's the only way too look at it. I still feel we posess it though some way, like we did the Golden Maw.

*shrug*

When we possess the golden Maw we are doing the same thing as when we control a frame, except for one thing. And that's where our energy goes when we take over, most likely it's either entering the Maw in some form or is just staying in the surrounding air, like some kind of edgy teen fart.

4 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

When we possess the golden Maw we are doing the same thing as when we control a frame, except for one thing. And that's where our energy goes when we take over, most likely it's either entering the Maw in some form or is just staying in the surrounding air, like some kind of edgy teen fart.

Demon more or less.

1 hour ago, arch111 said:

We shall see. Rell sort of lived in his warframe,  his vessel. 

The idea of warframes being small solar Rails kind of make sense though, we DO travel to our warframes.

It's just silly the more I think About it.

I feel like my headcanon was right since the begining, everyting fits to me ^^

Rell case could be even more complex, and creepy