The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Congratulations Relay Defenders!

Zaitsiev

Apparently everyone seems to have forgotten about this, but I didn’t: Congratulations to all of you who were actively defending the Orcus relay!

You guys are @(*()$ awesome and you have proven it once again (like if there was any need to do so), and stopped another of Vay Hek’s fomorians on its tracks and saved the Orcus relay, and shut some mouths too.

Now, to those of you who were saying to let the relay burn and all of that bullS#&$, I just have one humble request: please, stop making everyone else prove they are @(*()$ awesome.

Dunno if its true but ive heard that console players(dunno which console) once failed defending relay, there was count down in relay, they got kicked from relay during its "destruction" and... nothing happen relay was still there, it seems that DE didnt program destruction  of relays after then original event, or simply didnt want one of consoles to be left with only two main relays.

Of course all this info could be false, since thats something someone told me.

14 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

It was because we knew how the Fomorians destroy Relays. We dont know how the ARMADA does. So... dont be so sure of the "defenders" next time.

#ForScience!

I was amazed at how everyone destroyed Armada before, knowing how experimenting this community can be at times!

3 minutes ago, Culaio said:

Dunno if its true but ive heard that console players(dunno which console) once failed defending relay, there was count down in relay, they got kicked from relay during its "destruction" and... nothing happen relay was still there, it seems that DE didnt program destruction  of relays after then original event, or simply didnt want one of consoles to be left with only two main relays.

On PC at least, the relays really do get destroyed. And we all get an in game email about it

3 minutes ago, Trowicia said:

I was amazed at how everyone destroyed Armada before, knowing how experimenting this community can be at times!

The first time can be forgiven because of the Puncture Mods and the Gorgon Wraith comming back after so long. But next time...

9 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

You can say that about the entire game

He is unusually salty those days.

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

On PC at least, the relays really do get destroyed. And we all get an in game email about it

no I know that during first event they got destroyed, they got destroyed on each system, each system was left with 3 main(I dont count baro's market) relays, it almost looks like their destruction was planed(everyone left with 3 relays, but different for each system), what I meant was that after fomorian returned second time(if I am not mistake right now that was third time fomorians returned), people one one of consoles failed to protect relay but it didnt vanished after its "destruction"

6 minutes ago, Culaio said:

Scripted fun.  Where the "#forscience" came from.

When the very first event hit, entire platforms galvanized and unified to protect certain relays and it was for naught.  

It was a bitter pill to swallow, initially thinking we could alter the outcome.

6 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

The first time can be forgiven because of the Puncture Mods and the Gorgon Wraith comming back after so long. But next time...

He is unusually salty those days.

Politically incorrect = Salty

k

13 minutes ago, Culaio said:

It's true, relays really do get destroyed and if you happen to be in the relay after the countdown you get this cool cutscene that shows the Fomorian destroying the relay and several player ships (presumably) are seen fleeing the relay.

I was at Strata (Earth) when Vay Hek destroyed it. It was a sad but interesting day.

tbh imo it got saved because of the stupidly low drop rate on the receiver... it was because we wanted the weapon for mr rather than being bothered about saving the relay.  Lets see what happens next time before assuming it was the good nature of the players of the game....

Edited by LSG501

1 hour ago, Zaitsiev said:

Apparently everyone seems to have forgotten about this

Not surprising. Nothing in the inbox, no message of thanks from Lotus or anyone else. No pat on the back or congratulations. The ship just vanishes from the star map.

24 minutes ago, Z-Gradt said:

Not surprising. Nothing in the inbox, no message of thanks from Lotus or anyone else. No pat on the back or congratulations. The ship just vanishes from the star map.

Yes, that something that always bothered me since the event that introduced them. I'm still wondering why they don't put a leader board of the top players that did the most damage to that particular fomorian or something like that at the least, just to make it look like something happened.

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

The armada has even less chances of actually destroying a relay I believe, since you have to damage the armada in order to get the reward. Now I'm not a merchant myself, but I think there is going to be a lot of people doing the mission to complete the both sets and/or sell them. (which is why I'm thinking these events should be revised because there is a HUGE difference between rewards) Then again, could happen since archwing missions are very annoying. (I would still attack the armada though.)

2 hours ago, Culaio said:

no I know that during first event they got destroyed, they got destroyed on each system, each system was left with 3 main(I dont count baro's market) relays, it almost looks like their destruction was planed(everyone left with 3 relays, but different for each system), what I meant was that after fomorian returned second time(if I am not mistake right now that was third time fomorians returned), people one one of consoles failed to protect relay but it didnt vanished after its "destruction"

I don't know if this is real or not, if someone else can confirm it would be much appreciated. If it is true though, then it's a very bad move by the DE (or whoever was in charge of that) because then the players won't be able to know when something bad could happen or not, and if something bad happens, it will mostly be DE's fault, not the player base for not knowing when something is important or should be taken seriously...

Edited by Zaitsiev
minor corrections

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

It was because we knew how the Fomorians destroy Relays. We dont know how the ARMADA does. So... dont be so sure of the "defenders" next time.

#ForScience!

I can see why that could be interesting; one would guess that they would have made an animation of the razorback armada destroying the relay. I would still try to destroy the armada before they destroy the relay, but if they do manage to destroy it, I hope you don't get disappointed.

I'd like to believe that any of our actions had any effect whatsoever on the outcome of the event... but I'm too cynical.

That said - I pretended it did, and played it quite a bit, and enjoyed it for the most part (except for the trollishly low drop rate on the Chassis). It was something different to do for a few days (even if it WAS Archwing...)