Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo clan, looking for tips

(PSN)OmegaSlayer

Question

So...less than 250 days playing and I feel pretty jaded about clan life.

Won't go into the drama, which many of you might know and have experience in my same way or in a different one.

So...I was thinking about building my solo clan.

I'm not full of resources at the moment as I spent most of what I saved in building a clan with other people, and contributed to...well...a BIG chunk of researches to have all of them completed in 10-ish days, and was made co-leader after that.

So, I was wondering, how much does it costs me to keep my Dojo at the minimum as I don't need big halls/nice places and so on, only labs?

And most of all, how hard is it for an average player that doesn't rank in the leaderboards to get the event rewards for a solo clan?

Thanks in advance for your help.

22 answers to this question

At the most you will need 7-14 Forma for a simple yet good solo Dojo and maybe like 100-200 Platinum if you want to rush well i mean this does include a few extra things and as for events well its depends on the event

7 is like the bare minimum with only reactor oracle cross connectors and 4 labs

Edited by ShadowStalker

Well, I don't need to rush things, I already have every weapon I could get so far and 7 forma is just a week of farming without putting forma on Gear, so it's pretty much doable.

The only stuff I'd need done are Namy Skyla and Tonbo, to be able to research scourge.

Now...the clan events scares me a bit more because of little time available more than anything and the fear DE pulls some incredible stunt of high requirements.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Now...the clan events scares me a bit more because of little time available more than anything and the fear DE pulls some incredible stunt of high requirements.

it depends, you want the bronze trophy for saying "hey, i did the event" or the gold trophy to say "hey, my clan did lot's of points during that event"?
for the first it's usually doable as solo, for the second in a ghost clan you need usually 3/4 good players to reach the gold trophy, solo is close to impossible, at least referring to ambulas one

31 minutes ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Dont be afraid. There are a lot of tenno - me included - that build their solo clan. It is something of a nice long-term goal. To build all rooms needed for research and a trading post requires forma. Best you build just one room a day and farm yourself a forma blueprint a day. Once all this is done just go through the research slowly and step-by-step. 

Take a look at this guide:

Edited by k05h

I started my own clan about two months ago and I did not regret it. It might look intimidating at first, but with time, you`ll complete it. As of right now I have almost everything researched save for Hema, Djin, some parts of Elyton and Itzal, a few tenno weapons [Shaku, Scourge and 2 or 3 more] and the stim packs which have absurdly high costs while doing exactly jack sh1t being the most useless thing in the game probably. 

You`ll need to have some forma prepared, I think around 10 should be enough depending on how you organise, and lots of polymer bundles for 90% of the things, and around 300 something mutagen samples for the Bio Lab researches. Also, some mutagen masses for warframe and archwing research. 

Don't try to rush it, you`ll do it with time and you`ll get lots of endo in the process from it if you build the Ascension Podium or whatever it is called.

Try to leave a door without a dead end to cover yourself for future in case you plan to expand then. 

Edited by aligatorno

Here's the total resources needed to complete all research, as of U21:

Control Module 18
Credits 970300
Cryotic 37550
Detonite Ampule 2185
Detonite Injector 14
Ferrite 131050
Fieldron 14
Fieldron Sample 1209
Gallium 49
Kuva 400
Morphics 46
Mutagen Mass 14
Mutagen Sample 5505
Nano Spores 140300
Neural Sensors 9
Neurodes 67
Nitain Extract 19
Orokin Cell 4
Oxium 17110
Plastids 46390
Polymer Bundle 132450
Rubedo 31017
Salvage 236760
Synthula 12
Tellurium 24
Void Traces 4

The minimal Dojo requires 12 Forma, plus 2 for the Trading Post and Treasury, but you probably don't want to limit yourself to the minimal Dojo.

50 minutes ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

you will be fine with rewards, but some Gold trophies are the problem. 

ex: Ambus Reborn: Gold Ghost 240 (my personal 82, I couldn't fine players for do more)

I have a solo clan (rank 9)

Edited by (PS4)AleDiorio

Just did a quick check

I'm short of

30k cryotics

7 detonite injectors

10 fieldron samples

250 kuva

13 mutagen masses

5500 mutagen samples (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL)

5k oxium

20k plastids

110k polymer

11 tellurium

Plus saving a couple of weeks of forma

So I'm not in a bad position after all

It's easy.  It just takes times.  I have one  & I have everything built & researched.  Here are a few tips.

1)  Don't rush stuff.  Let things build as they go.  It'll take a while and you'll spend a ton of plat without much to show for it.

2)  Buy lots of the forma 3 pack.  Rooms take forma and you'll get it at a discount.  When I built mine, that bundle didn't exist.

3)  Buy a month resource booster.  Spend a little plat and double the amount of resources you normally get.  This will also help avoid the "I have to farm" urge.

4)  Keep it a ghost clan.  Making it bigger only screws you for the amount of resources you'll need later.  I'd love to add a barracks to mine, but it isn't going to happen.

5)  Don't rush stuff.  Again, just build and research stuff as you can.  Save your plat for forma & boosters.

6)  Don't worry about tearing it down.  A really nice thing DE did was the dojo captures your resources.  So if you destroy a room, the dojo holds onto those resources so you can build the room later with no additional cost.  I've rebuilt my dojo 3 times in order to get it exactly how I wanted.

7)  Put your trading post in the room where people appear.  Don't make people run to the other side of the dojo to trade.

8)  Put your research rooms close together.  I was in a clan and the warlord thought the best place to put them was a long run after teleporting in, up an elevator, another long run, and then at each corner of the largest hall.  No idea why he thought that was a good idea.

9)  Built teleporters everywhere.

10)  Don't rush stuff. :)

It's a fun thing to do & I'm happy I built mine.

2 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Just did a quick check

I'm short of

30k cryotics

7 detonite injectors

10 fieldron samples

250 kuva

13 mutagen masses

5500 mutagen samples (LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL)

5k oxium

20k plastids

110k polymer

11 tellurium

Plus saving a couple of weeks of forma

So I'm not in a bad position after all

You are not far. You can do it if you have the time to play on a regular basis. I would say run boosters all the time during this period as it can save a lot time.

I did it a couple of months ago and it was not difficult. Since you mentioned that you dont want to win the trophies, getting just the rewards is not difficult at all.

7 hours ago, (PS4)lhbuch said:

5500 mutagen samples

i think that those are gonna be the worst part, in my clan we got a boost during the pacifism defect event, infested there dropped a good amount of samples, now the best way s a derelict sruvival, of 5000 samples for hema i've donated like 2300 and a couple hundreds from other friends in clan that enter once in a month if i'm lucky.

but at least i have something to do for a loooooooong time

I started mine stupidly early and regretted it for a while (def wouldnt suggest people do it as early into the game as I did) but its complete now bar the raid research thinga which remains an issue for a mostly solo player tryin to do raids with raid elitists lookin for experienced raiders only.

It's def doable, though helps if you can find a handful of people who at least turn up for events and contribute when they can which I thankfully have. :)

On 1/7/2017 at 9:28 PM, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

So...less than 250 days playing and I feel pretty jaded about clan life.

Won't go into the drama, which many of you might know and have experience in my same way or in a different one.

I'm not full of resources at the moment as I spent most of what I saved in building a clan with other people, and contributed to...well...a BIG chunk of researches to have all of them completed in 10-ish days, and was made co-leader after that.

So, I was wondering, how much does it costs me to keep my Dojo at the minimum as I don't need big halls/nice places and so on, only labs?

And most of all, how hard is it for an average player that doesn't rank in the leaderboards to get the event rewards for a solo clan?

Thanks in advance for your help.

youre #*($%%@ up for events , you have to do all the grind again and just by yourself....how can this be fun? instead join the right clan with mature people ;) out of curiosity: were you in a moon/ mountain clan? if yes then i understan why youre bored of clans XD

On 7/1/2017 at 11:59 PM, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

I need to search a bit for the available rooms and organize myself.

I want to start with a solid idea/plan, including name and so on.

If you want something to help you lay out your dojo before building then try this.

21 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Is it possible to change the spaawn room?

You can set any Hall as your spawn room (Call Hall, Clan Greater Hall, etc).

4 hours ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

youre #*($%%@ up for events , you have to do all the grind again and just by yourself....how can this be fun? instead join the right clan with mature people ;) out of curiosity: were you in a moon/ mountain clan? if yes then i understan why youre bored of clans XD

I was in a top 10 clan, then contributed to found a ghost clan with members of the former clan, quickly eveolved to shadow in which I was the second in charge.

I have friends in basically any of the top 10 clans.

But mostly I'm a loner and have high expectations from people when it's up to do something together, so it's better if I stay alone.

3 hours ago, Buff00n said:

If you want something to help you lay out your dojo before building then try this.

You can set any Hall as your spawn room (Call Hall, Clan Greater Hall, etc).

Once I build a good amount of reactors (I decided I'll build 4) I want to destroy the room you first spawn inside, and build a Grand Hall there.

5 hours ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

you have to do all the grind again and just by yourself....how can this be fun? instead join the right clan with mature people ;) 

It is not always that simple. Some clans end up with just one active player because people move on to other games. When the base research is done there is no reason to leave.

Other clans are made up of real life friends that only play new story missions. Thus leaving one or two players doing the dirty work. And because they value their friendship over grinding responsibilities they keep the clan almost as a solo clan. 

Then there are people like me that take breaks and always have to start looking for a clan when they come back. Setup my own dojo and the problem solved. 

And then there are those that aren't that social. They like playing by themselves and prefer solo runs. They just want the research. 

The resources involved for research are not too excessive if you are veteran or plan to be a veteran. Solo clans do not hurt anyone. They are a choice many other games do not offer. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

youre #*($%%@ up for events

I never felt this way. For the few clan related events we had DE always looked after small/solo clans. I did not get the Ignis Wraith research but I got the weapon. For me: mission accomplished. And to be honest clan events so far were always competetive and were supposed to make the majority of the clans to loose out on the cool stuff.  

Edited by k05h

3 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Once I build a good amount of reactors (I decided I'll build 4) I want to destroy the room you first spawn inside, and build a Grand Hall there.

You cannot destroy the starter Hall, because it's a prerequisite for all the other Halls.  You have to plan your Halls very carefully because you can't destroy or move them once you've built the next one up.