The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This thread is about NOX and it's not what you think...and some stuff about U.21

SprinKah

Nox, newest enemy into the game, at first I really thought that the design direction for him didn't exactly look TOO grineer-ish to me, the design didn't really have a whole lot of that...organic look to it. But the design is really growing on me!

But i don't know, don't think that's relevant right now, just wanted to say so.

what I REALLY wanted to talk about is...well, I consider talking about this is a bit...controversial so please...bear with me, this is a bit of a personal rant I think, I hope a lot of people can understand where I'm coming from, probably not.

NOX

probably my favorite enemy in game right now. I have a strange hobby when it comes to playing warframe, it's not generic and repetivie shoot-em-up that gets quite boring after a while but it's observing. I love observing enemies and their aesthetics and designs, I love watching battles between factions, especially Grineer vs Corpus, it makes the universe feels a lot more alive.

Alright. what I want to say is...I REALLY HOPE THAT THE COMMUNITY AND DE DON'T SCREW UP NOX.

I think Nox's state in the game right now is quite alright. he's only a bit more durable than bombards and gunners that's really all, just got a few more tricks in his sleeves that I don't think are big problems.

Why am I thinking like that? It's rather strange but I really do not want to see Nox deals like...i don't know, 5 damage per glob or something.

I mean, just look at MANIC. They reduced the spawn rate to nothing, reduced their damage and durability to S#&$e...basically took away almost everything they have which is a SHAME....I miss when Manics were actually menacing and weren't a joke, that they could make you flinch with their intimidating entrance and threat...

So yeah...I hope you all can see why I don't want the community and players to complain about Nox for issues that aren't even big deals, Like Manic...

Speaking of OBSERVING, DE ruined Lua Crossfire node...it used to be where I go to spectate a fair and square battle between Grineer and Corpus.( feels weird typign that out).. But now they gotta replace the good old grineer with FRONTIER ones with their Karaks and pretty much wreck everything....I'm sure a lot of us know why, them karak-wielding grineer are tough...I don't suppose this is a  big deal but yeah...bothers me a lot..

Also. GRINEER EARTH REMASTER. I'm just a bit disappointed about the whole thing. I remember Steve replying to a tweet asking about if the Earth remaster is going to recieve some....worker type grineer...like bio-scientists, study flowers and stuff...You know, like Drudges on Ceres Shipyard Remaster? Yeah...those were the REAL DEALS, the real selling point to the whole Shipyard remastic. Guess DE scrapped that whole idea...a shame really..Or maybe they'll add new.

I like Nox, but his drops are so abysmal. You have a .22% drop chance of getting the new Aura because Nox has a 3% chance to drop a mod and the mod has a ~7% drop chance from his table. I feel Nox is interesting, but his drops need a slight tweak for something so uselsss (a toxin resistance aura).

5 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I like Nox, but his drops are so abysmal. You have a .22% drop chance of getting the new Aura because Nox has a 3% chance to drop a mod and the mod has a ~7% drop chance from his table. I feel Nox is interesting, but his drops need a slight tweak for something so uselsss (a toxin resistance aura).

lol I haven't even seen enough nox to actually worry over getting the aura, which I'd actually completely forgotten about....

Just now, MystMan said:

Don't forget there is a Nox Eximus codex entry as well.  I'm currently replaying today's sortie 3 Eximus Stronghold trying to get one.  1/3 so far. This is a rare enemy.

Hydron spawns eximus reliably past wave ~13. I got 3 scans in 1 run to 20 waves. 

I like the Nox grineer unit, only thing I don't like is how much resistances he has (against all elements) yet he does toxic dmg so why is he immune to all, I was literally in Hydron and wasted 50+ shots from Simulor which I had 100% status and my beautiful riven and still didn't kill him, though of course it's just a small rant and not that big a deal not everyone is using pure elemental weapons like simulor in most loadout slots which is honestly just a weapon(s) I use to help level other gear in defense missions, just feels like for this particular unit they're giving the finger to all weapons that are pure elemental and have no puncture, slash etc etc.

Edited by iMalicious

i really like nox, a enemy that is not a boss but that you have to aim at him to shoot him in the face or you are not gonna do damage, really interesting. Idc too much of the mod drops, i don't need them and when they'll drop it i'll get it

talking of workers, i would really like to see more grineer workers around, while also some corpus ones and i also have some ideas about them, but that's probably going to need another thread (maybe i'll do it tomorrow)

2 hours ago, MystMan said:

Don't forget there is a Nox Eximus codex entry as well.  I'm currently replaying today's sortie 3 Eximus Stronghold trying to get one.  1/3 so far. This is a rare enemy.

there's corrupted ones too but they don't seem to appear in the codex and I know I've scanned it.

Edited by LSG501

pVa5kUv.jpg

Corrupted?  Why are you mentioning that?  Only corrupt enemies in codex are the ones in the Void. Enemies who turn corrupt from Void Fissures do not have codex entries, they are not considered unique enemies.

29 minutes ago, MystMan said:

Corrupted?  Why are you mentioning that?  Only corrupt enemies in codex are the ones in the Void. Enemies who turn corrupt from Void Fissures do not have codex entries, they are not considered unique enemies.

you sure, I've scanned corrupted ones from relic runs and had them register on the corrupted list....they were also orange even though I'd scanned enough of the normal ones for them not to be orange....

Edited by LSG501

the new aura isnt even worth using.

Its like DE doesn't want anyone to use anything beside energy siphon or corrosive projection. If everyone in the whole team uses Toxin resist then you take half damage from toxin... great. Only way it would even be considered a usable aura is if it gave 100% toxin resistance.

3 hours ago, HerpDerpy said:

the new aura isnt even worth using.

Its like DE doesn't want anyone to use anything beside energy siphon or corrosive projection. If everyone in the whole team uses Toxin resist then you take half damage from toxin... great. Only way it would even be considered a usable aura is if it gave 100% toxin resistance.

Yes, the new aura is not worth it at all...it's too...specialized.

7 hours ago, iMalicious said:

I like the Nox grineer unit, only thing I don't like is how much resistances he has (against all elements) yet he does toxic dmg so why is he immune to all, I was literally in Hydron and wasted 50+ shots from Simulor which I had 100% status and my beautiful riven and still didn't kill him, though of course it's just a small rant and not that big a deal not everyone is using pure elemental weapons like simulor in most loadout slots which is honestly just a weapon(s) I use to help level other gear in defense missions, just feels like for this particular unit they're giving the finger to all weapons that are pure elemental and have no puncture, slash etc etc.

Well, i can see how that can be slightly annoying but honestly though...he's a tank, it's supposed to be a bit hard to take him down...dunno bout you but i hate it when i am able to just slash through everything, one shot everything.

I think they are a little too tanky to be honest. They should either:

A: Make it so their helmet glass breaks easier.

or

B: Make it so they take more damage from headshots once their glass is broken and their head exposed.

They definitely should not do both as that would make them too easy to kill.

Being harder to headshot is fine, but right now I think it's too much. You have to chew through what feels like a heavy gunners worth of HP without headshots, in order to chew through a bombard's worth of HP with headshots. Too bullet spongy for my taste. Everything else seems fine though.

Edited by Silvus-Sol

On 9/7/2017 at 4:10 AM, Silvus-Sol said:

I think they are a little too tanky to be honest. They should either:

A: Make it so their helmet glass breaks easier.

or

B: Make it so they take more damage from headshots once their glass is broken and their head exposed.

They definitely should not do both as that would make them too easy to kill.

Being harder to headshot is fine, but right now I think it's too much. You have to chew through what feels like a heavy gunners worth of HP without headshots, in order to chew through a bombard's worth of HP with headshots. Too bullet spongy for my taste. Everything else seems fine though.

Theyre not that tanky, 

A normal Nox isn't that tanky. Shotguns work wonders against his helmet (Hek series, Strun Wraith, Tigris family), and repeated headshots with any weapon will down him fairly quickly. Nox Eximus, on the other hand, is a totally different animal. Took an entire Vaykor Hek magazine to down a Nox Arctic Eximus on Hydron - headshots only. 5 for the helmet, 6 for the rest.