Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SHARP; the slash sniper. (1st mode almost definitive; 2nd have to be choosed; Sketch done; Wait 3D moddeling)

sniperloic

Hello fellow Tennos !

If you see my username, you might think that i like sniper rifle; it's true, and for my 1st weapon's idea, yes, it's a sniper rifle.

We got some sniper rifle, yea, but i've found it missed a slash snipe; a bit like the Dread is the slash Bow.

I don't have much imagination, so I don't expect this to come far. I have some ideas about the weapon's name and one about the look.

The weapon will have the Lanx's color and covered by scales (Inspired by the Lanx, the sharks on Uranus); the style of the weapon will be close to Grineer's one, as far as they are on Uranus (or perhaps Tenno made); but a grapher will be more qualified to made a patern for it because i'm so bad at it that I can't even draw "Derp".

I have worked a while on caracteristics, this have have two firing modes (secondary available by pressing 1 time the secondary button; like Stradavar:

Common stats between modes:

• Magazine: 5 ammo
  • Reload: 2.2 seconds
  • Max ammo: 90
  • Switching mode takes 1 second.

Primary mode (Potential modification below):

• Damages: 220
    • 182 slash
    • 19 Puncture
    • 19 Impact
  • Accuracy: 13.3 (like all snipes)
  • Firing rate: 1.2
  • Critical Chance: 30% (because i'm sick of standard 25% and I want something new)
  • Critical Multiplier: 2.2x (Same, bored of standard 2.0x)
  • Statut chance: 10%
  • Innate Punch Through: 0.5m
  • Zoom: (x3): +10% crit chance / (x6): +15% crit chance / (x12): +25% crit chance
  • Trigger: Manual

Secondary mode [My proposition] (Rifle):

• Damages: 110
    • 91 slash
    • 9.5 Puncture
    • 9.5 Impact
  • Accuracy: 50~
  • Firing rate: 2.0
  • Critical Chance: 5%
  • Critical Multiplier: 1.5x
  • Statut chance: 35%
  • Trigger: Automatic

Secondary mode [Yaerion proposition] (One clip burst, like the Pandero):

• Damages: 220
    • 182 slash
    • 19 Puncture
    • 19 Impact
  • Accuracy: 28
  • Firing rate: 2.5
    • Burst Firerate: 4
  • Critical Multiplier: 1.5x
  • Innate Punch Through: 0.5m
  • Trigger: Burst (5)

Secondary mode [CommanderSpawn proposition] (Shotgun):

• Pellet number: 7
  • Damages: 280
    • 252 slash
    • 14 Puncture
    • 14 Impact
  • Accuracy: 6.4
  • Firing rate: 2.5
  • Damages are decreased by 10% each 5m; starting at 20m

RIVEN INFLUENCE: +7.5% (3/5)

NOTE: All zoom bonus are pure addition after modding.

I made this in the spirit of statut and critical machine (harder to mod because 2 orientations, that's a thing that i like), and looks like the Euphona Prime, but i didn't think about it (I was thinking about a slash snipe 1 year ago)

So here a few things I have to know, because this weapon don't have to be the result of my idea, but the result your conclusion. ;)

1. The name of the weapon, what do you prefer?
    1. Sharp,
    2. Shak, or Dashak if you'd like it will be a grineer weapon (Don't cry about their slash procs if Ballista got'em)
    3. Scalo, if you prefer a Tenno weapon (that I prefer)
    4. Your proposition (because i'm not at all good to find original names)
  2. What do you think about the secondary mode?
    1. What secondary mode do you prefer?
    2. It's a nice thing to switch between high crit to statut weapon; and I found the secondary mode balanced.
    3. I found the secondary mode unbalanced (then tell the modifications you will made to the mode)
    4. It's better to supress it, secondary weapon will do the statut work
  3. What do you think about the characteristics of the principal mode?
    1. Well balanced; perhaps 1/2 little modification like magazine size
    2. Too high in general; heavy modifications

Edited by sniperloic

The standart accuracy for sniper rifles is 100%, which means it hit right where you aim.

I think having two modes is a good touch, but I think what you suggested is unbalanced:
Primery mode it a heavy hitting crit weapon while the secondery mode is an avarage hitting status weapon, and even that have enough crit chance to be a crit weapon. The crit takes the status every time and I have no resone to use the secondery mode.
My suggestion is to give the secondery mode more damage while reducing the primery mode's damage, you can even make it equal in damage or give more damage for the secondery. Secondery mode need to have less crit chance. Getting a red crit, considering recent changes, is no problem with this weapon, but this is what it was designed to do.

What I think will be a neat idea, but this is only my suggestion, is having a completly different firing mode for the secondery. Just because of the "shark" idea, I think this weapon should feel like a shark. Primery mode have a devastating slash damage which is good enough, while the secondery mode should give the real bite and become a slash damage shotgun with a high amount of pellets, shredding the enemies the way only sharks can do. Accuracy vs damage, now you have a resone to use both modes. If you take this idea, I think you should give both modes a little more punch through and overwhole less damage, this is a top tear weapon already.
But this is only a suggestion.

Edited by CommanderSpawn
typo

On 02/07/2017 at 11:10 PM, CommanderSpawn said:

The standart accuracy for sniper rifles is 100%, which means it hit right where you aim.

I think having two modes is a good touch, but I think what you suggested is unbalanced:
Primery mode it a heavy hitting crit weapon while the secondery mode is an avarage hitting status weapon, and even that have enough crit chance to be a crit weapon. The crit takes the status every time and I have no resone to use the secondery mode.

My suggestion is to give the secondery mode more damage while reducing the primery mode's damage, you can even make it equal in damage or give more damage for the secondery. Secondery mode need to have less crit chance. Getting a red crit, considering recent changes, is no problem with this weapon, but this is what it was designed to do.

What I think will be a neat idea, but this is only my suggestion, is having a completly different firing mode for the secondery. Just because of the "shark" idea, I think this weapon should feel like a shark. Primery mode have a devastating slash damage which is good enough, while the secondery mode should give the real bite and become a slash damage shotgun with a high amount of pellets, shredding the enemies the way only sharks can do. Accuracy vs damage, now you have a resone to use both modes. If you take this idea, I think you should give both modes a little more punch through and overwhole less damage, this is a top tear weapon already.
But this is only a suggestion.

1st of all; Accuracy is 13.3; but this seems to be a value that have a meaning only when you decrease accuracy... Simulor / Ignis gets 100 accuracy; put Heavy Caliber and there is no accuracy lost. While snipers get 13.3 and Heavy caliber isn't a mod for them, decreasing too much accuracy; Same point for Bows; and even worst on the multishot. (However; i've never used Heavy Caliber on Lanka, so what i say can be false if the shot lost a lot of accuracy).

For the secondary; I agree that crit chance can be more decreased, like Euphona Prime at 5%. I've put a crit multiplier at 1.5x to not allow a pure critical build available but by checking the values to verify; it still ok with primary crits mods.

This 3rd point is a point I've changed many times, so i think you can understand i'm a bit reluctant. I made it in the way you could have Corrosive statut on the weapon (by modding of course), and when you meet a Bombard or a Heavy gunner; just switch to Secondary mode; fire all the clip and then back to the Primary and reload deadly shots. A way to use the two forces of the weapon, not by just using both really powerfull mods by talking only in damages. One thing more: I've based my balancing with Rubico's over crits (because this new one is also axed on crits); so you can compare a bit with crits and damages. You can see a slight increase of the damages but a crit multiplier way lower; but a bit higher than other snipers (and that's what i've wanted).

This idea is totally new to me... Again similar to Euphona Prime, that don't really want; but really a good idea; i am totally agree about it. In more, with the pellets number; the "statut machine" mode will be way more efficient; and making it a better shark. It will bite seriously !

[Sorry if you don't like the colors; made it because i don't want to spare the quote]

Thanks for this comm bro. The Sniper becoming a shotgun is a pure... how can i say it ? Pleasure for a sniper; no more secondary needed, or even melee. But as a shotgun, the damages will be increased due to the pellet number

(I laughed so hard to your "top tear weapon" because i think its unvoluntary but so true).

So what do you think about the following propositions?

Primary mode:

• Damages: 220 => 200
    • 182 => 172 slash
    • 19 => 14 Puncture
    • 19 => 14 Impact

Secondary mode (Sniper => Shotgun):

• [NEW] Pellet number: 7
  • Damages: 110 => 280
    • 91 => 252 slash
    • 9.5 => 14 Puncture
    • 9.5 => 14 Impact
  • Accuracy: 50 => 6.4
  • Critical Chance: 15% => 5%
  • Zoom: (x3): +5% statut chance / (x6): +10% statut chance / (x12): +20% statut chance
  • Statut chance: 25% => 35%
Edited by sniperloic

12 hours ago, sniperloic said:

1st of all; Accuracy is 13.3; but this seems to be a value that have a meaning only when you decrease accuracy... Simulor / Ignis gets 100 accuracy; put Heavy Caliber and there is no accuracy lost. While snipers get 13.3 and Heavy caliber isn't a mod for them, decreasing too much accuracy; Same point for Bows; and even worst on the multishot. (However; i've never used Heavy Caliber on Lanka, so what i say can be false if the shot lost a lot of accuracy).

For the secondary; I agree that crit chance can be more decreased, like Euphona Prime at 5%. I've put a crit multiplier at 1.5x to not allow a pure critical build available but by checking the values to verify; it still ok with primary crits mods.

This 3rd point is a point I've changed many times, so i think you can understand i'm a bit reluctant. I made it in the way you could have Corrosive statut on the weapon (by modding of course), and when you meet a Bombard or a Heavy gunner; just switch to Secondary mode; fire all the clip and then back to the Primary and reload deadly shots. A way to use the two forces of the weapon, not by just using both really powerfull mods by talking only in damages. One thing more: I've based my balancing with Rubico's over crits (because this new one is also axed on crits); so you can compare a bit with crits and damages. You can see a slight increase of the damages but a crit multiplier way lower; but a bit higher than other snipers (and that's what i've wanted).

This idea is totally new to me... Again similar to Euphona Prime, that don't really want; but really a good idea; i am totally agree about it. In more, with the pellets number; the "statut machine" mode will be way more efficient; and making it a better shark. It will bite seriously !

[Sorry if you don't like the colors; made it because i don't want to spare the quote]

Thanks for this comm bro. The Sniper becoming a shotgun is a pure... how can i say it ? Pleasure for a sniper; no more secondary needed, or even melee. But as a shotgun, the damages will be increased due to the pellet number

(I laughed so hard to your "top tear weapon" because i think its unvoluntary but so true).

So what do you think about the following propositions?

Primary mode:

• Damages: 220 => 200
    • 182 => 172 slash
    • 19 => 14 Puncture
    • 19 => 14 Impact

Secondary mode (Sniper => Shotgun):

• [NEW] Pellet number: 7
  • Damages: 110 => 280
    • 91 => 272 slash
    • 9.5 => 14 Puncture
    • 9.5 => 14 Impact
  • Accuracy: 50 => 6.4
  • Critical Chance: 15% => 5%
  • Zoom: (x3): +5% statut chance / (x6): +10% statut chance / (x12): +20% statut chance
  • Statut chance: 25% => 35%

Love it.

The colors helped, made it alot more understandable. About the accuracy, all I care about snipers is that I can land my headshots easily, numbers are not my thing when it comes to accuracy.

44 minutes ago, CommanderSpawn said:

Love it.

The colors helped, made it alot more understandable. About the accuracy, all I care about snipers is that I can land my headshots easily, numbers are not my thing when it comes to accuracy.

Proud the colors were usefull. About accuracy; wasn't mine too... as long as i didn't look a bit for it... it still not mine but I have some ideas about the concept.

But i'm a bit sad we are only 2 at the moment to discuss about this project.... Do you have tips? ;)

Edited by sniperloic

9 hours ago, sniperloic said:

Proud the colors were usefull. About accuracy; wasn't mine too... as long as i didn't look a bit for it... it still not mine but I have some ideas about the concept.

But i'm a bit sad we are only 2 at the moment to discuss about this project.... Do you have tips? ;)

A picture maybe, I would draw it myself but have no artistic skills...

21 hours ago, sniperloic said:

Oh thanks; the real matter is in the interest you have for the project ;)

I can 3D model it, I had no time untill today. It will take a while.
Can you describe what you had in mind so I'll have a sence of direction on modeling? I'ts your idea after all.

Another thing that your idea makes me interested is that I learn game design, if DE won't use your idea, I might.

As i've say at the top of the topic, I don't have a good imagination.

But I've worked a bit on its skin, wich is actually this:

1499334132-sharp.jpg

The forms on the gun are scales; but their orientation are correct only in the TOP VIEW

Also, add a "switch time mode"; the triggers of the mods in the differents post

Edited by sniperloic

I like it. Especially the possibiilities given by the alternative fire mode, focusing on Status debuffs.

A "burst" trigger would also be good (maybe even similar to the Pandero (full magazine in 1 burst, without loosing the stats for each bullet, to balance the wasting)):

Secondary mode (burst, entire magazine, like the Pandero):

Damages: 220
182 slash
19 Puncture
19 Impact
Accuracy: 28
Firing rate: 2.5
Critical Chance: 5%
Critical Multiplier: 1.5x
Statut chance: 35%
Innate Punch Through: 0.5m

But i already like the possibilities presented here. However, I think it's a bit weird to have an automatic trigger for only 5 bullets.

For the name, I like Shark, but it lacks originality a bit. Maybe you can "Grineerize" it to "Shak" or "Dashak" (grineerization of "The Skark"). Or even  Shakk, Dashakk (fits better if the secondary fire is shotgun-like, because it may recall the Brakk).

If you like the "burst" concept, it could be more "Tenno engineering", and the name could then become "Scualo" (squalo being the italian for "shark") "Scalo" (inspired by your first idea "Scale") , or even "Scaro" (meant to be made from "scar" (because this rifle leave scars on targets ><), and the "o" because reasons).

23 minutes ago, Yaerion said:

I like it. Especially the possibiilities given by the alternative fire mode, focusing on Status debuffs.

A "burst" trigger would also be good (maybe even similar to the Pandero (full magazine in 1 burst, without loosing the stats for each bullet, to balance the wasting)), but i already like the possibilities presented here. However, I think it's a bit weird to have an automatic trigger for only 5 bullets.

For the name, I like Shark, but it lacks originality a bit. Maybe you can "Grineerize" it to "Shak" or "Dashak" (grineerization of "The Skark"). Or even  Shakk, Dashakk (fits better if the secondary fire is shotgun-like, because it may recall the Brakk).

Well, i've started the design on a tenno base (I looked a bit the Vectis for it); but can be modified as wish.

Auto trigger for 5 bullets i agree it's weird; i was wondering if the clip weren't to up at 10 bullet; but a burst is better for this kind of clip... I've changed the trigger so. I'd better think twice about the possibilities of it compared to the shotgun secondary mode possibility.

Also, using the grineer language  brings a better way to name the weapon, even if i've started on a tenno style.

Edited by sniperloic

So, it miss me actually:

>More advice because the feedback you can give are really important

>A real design of the weapon, not a pixel art (Ty CommanderSpawn to take care of it; if somebody else want, then DO IT !)

>A decision for the secondary mode between Burst Rifle and Shotgun

EDIT: Changed title for show the project's statut and stripped my secondary proposition cause burst variation is nice

Edited by sniperloic

• 1 month later...