Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bridled Lights from the Dark Sector [IC, invite only, +18]

Denny2669

"The... chosen? I certainly didn't choose this. If I wanted to be like this, I'd choose a less physically damaging way of transforming." said Freya, raising an eyebrow at Francois when he approached. "Or one that is less freakish looking when I'm using my power."

With that, her posture changed slightly as she pulled her hooded mask over her face and assumed her flight position, hovering in place to demonstrate how different she looks with "flaps" adjusting while she hovered with flames spewing out through the ports. If nothing, it's certainly eyebrow-raising.

She looks up at Freya as she changes arms crossed, cold follows down her spine. "Could I end up with such important changes to myself?" 

She extends her left arm looking at the two feather like protrusions that had started to form on her knuckle. "You clearly seem to be in one of the worst positions with that infection... Though I must admit that you got an awesome look to make up for that." She gives a thumb up to her with a wink before launching her blade to a pillar and level herself up to sit on top of it. "The only things I got are a Cloak, two fingers covered in metal and a protection to my left arm with a rope integrated. Nothing really fancy nor really good looking." 

I shrug and can't help snickering.

"Pretty sure we all have our issues. Seriously. I'm fun-sized, with former bullying and self-harm issues. I used to panic at the simple sight of a lighter. I'll give you three guesses on just what element I can manipulate, the first two don't count."

Edited by 404Cygni

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting à long time on her pilar she hasn't picked up on any other presence around them than their own. 

A long yawn echoes in the church. "Has anyone found something worth any interest in here? I'm dying of boredom right now..." She asks while sitting on the pilar,  her legs taping against the rock as she talks. 

Spoiler

VCB7Cfp.png

Red - Freya
Blue - Amelia
Grey - Indy
Yellow - Francois
Light blue - Rinka
Crimson - Sophia

From her elevated position, Rinka would be able to see most of the Church's interior. A sight of note was the window perch with a rope leading up to it, as it seemed like someone has been using it as a resting place, containing a blanket and something under it. An obvious attempt at hiding something. Perhaps there's more around?

On 19/08/2017 at 2:01 PM, Denny2669 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

VCB7Cfp.png

Red - Freya
Blue - Amelia
Grey - Indy
Yellow - Francois
Light blue - Rinka
Crimson - Sophia

From her elevated position, Rinka would be able to see most of the Church's interior. A sight of note was the window perch with a rope leading up to it, as it seemed like someone has been using it as a resting place, containing a blanket and something under it. An obvious attempt at hiding something. Perhaps there's more around?

Tired of waiting and focusing Rinka opens her eyes finally noticing the rope falling down from one of the stained windows, without any words she launched her gladius to it hurling herslef to the position. 

What she found there wasn't all that interesting in what it held, a few belongings and that would be all, but what was interesting though was that it meant that people lived here. 

"Hey! Everyone!" she calls out to the others. "I found someone's belongings up there. Give a look around maybe we can find who lives there and how many they are." Once again she closes her arms trying to find again, if there are any presence around that are not infected zombies. 

4 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

Among the belonging Rinka had found, was also a small MRE package, though it seemed more dusty, like it wasn't covered in dust at all, but something else.
What else can be grey and powder-ish?

"Mold..." She says those words in a sigh. "And I thought I'd find something interesting..." 

She gets down using the rope. 

"Found anything else worth interest in there?" 

"What did you find?" asked Freya as she approached Rinka to have a look at what she found. Taking note that she found a MRE package, she nodded in appreciation before noticing the powdery substance on it. Rubbing some onto her finger, she started having a sneaking suspicion as to what it was. Scooping up some of it, she introduced a flame to the powder on a hunch. If she's right about this powder, there might be more supplies where Rinka found the MRE.

Edited by MetroFallout

Indy was still outside, trying to call Trace down, again. After whistling on a few different pitches she finally convinced the bird to come down and perch itself on her arm. Hopefully, it wouldn't cause anymore of a fuzz. She quickly made her way inside after the others. She heard Rinka asking about anything interesting being found and gestured to the curtain. "Maybe they stored somethings back there." 

Freya's attempt would not result how she had hoped. The powder did not catch on fire at all, like it had already burned out once, though it did confirm it wasn't gunpowder, nor mold. A military ration would not get spoiled so easily.

Behind the curtain was a massive pile of rubble, blocking all passage to the persumably ruined back rooms of the church. It was unclear what had caused this destruction... though there was something in the pile, something shiny, sticking out.

As more and more rubble fell down, the shiny thing would reveal itself to be a hand, sticking out with most likely more under the rubble. Metallic, almost like theirs.

And it was holding a grenade.

Edited by Denny2669

Instincts blare like alarms and i turn to what gives me ominous feeling. Shining in the light...

"Merde."

I couldn't help swearing, even if it was barely audible. In the blink of an eye, before even thinking about it, i had my rapier in my left hand and my gun in my right. It wasn't a very common stance i was holding, but this was definitively the one that gave me the most possibilities.

I dashed in front of the group. In a practiced move (and how depressing was tat, when I thought about it...)cut my right wrist open. Magma leaked slowly, whirling in a spiral in front of me. It stinged a bit, but nothing I wasn't used to.

"EVERYONE DOWN!" shouted Francois as he quickly got down behind the pews, covering his ears and head with his hands and waited for whatever explosion to come and for shrapnel for fly.

He questioned also what little bandages he had left on him...and what kind of things they had done to deserve such bad fortune.

Everyone inside the church, whether they were close or not, had stepped back or dived into cover to hide from the impending explosion. But as seconds passed, it became evident it was only a false alarm. Looking at the grenade now, the pin was unpulled, and it was simply held in a steel grip in the steel hand, unmoving. A failed trap perhaps?

It's still there. So maybe it's silly, the grenade isn't unpinned and probably won't blow us into smithereens,but i just refuse to relax. Excuse me for having a phobia of explosive devices close to me.

"Grenade. In an infected hand of some sort. Should we dig that out and check the corpse, just in case?"

Edited by 404Cygni
Can't brain today, I have the derps.

Sophia had completely zoned out for the past few minutes, finally being snapped out of her rather unusual state by the shouting of the priest. As opposed to what one might expect, she didn't panic. Instead, she started running up the stairs in order to get a better view of whatever exciting event was to occur. Much to her disappointment, however, nothing came. The brunette let out an audible sigh of disappointment as she strolled inside.

"What happened? I heard shouting and panic, but nothing exciting happened." said the girl to no one in particular.

"Grenade." Indy shortly replied to Sophia. She looked over to Amalia and the magma flowing from her arm. "Sounds like digging out is a decent plan." She replies as she shakes the bird of her arm. It flies off to perch itself on the leftovers of a pillar. "Maybe we should get that grenade out of that hand though. Anyone up for doing that or any of you carry a knife with em by any chance?" 

"Way ahead of you, buddy." said the magician, already making her way toward the end of the room, where she assumed the grenade was located.

To her delight, the hand was perfectly jutting out of the surrounding rubble. With one fluid motion, Sophia removed the kukri blade from her forearm. She was about to slice the blade downward through the air, before abruptly stopping.

"Uh... get down? Grenade." warned the brunette with a rather unenthusiastic voice.

With one clean swipe, her blade sped towards the wrist of the arm, attempting to slice it off.