The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should primes be unvaulted more than once

Just want to get an opinion on 

Should the primes be unvaulted more than once..?

Me personally  do not want to see a prime being unvaulted more than once 

Cause not only does that mess with the "warframe economy" but also it gives the player a sense of discomfort while purchasing a prime set wondering if they're making a mistake 

Recently a lot of primes have been unvaulted  for the second time

For example 

Frost prime, ember prime 

And now mag prime, along with rhino prime 

Not to mention they all have been unvaulted once before

But this is just my reason 

I'd you support the idea 

Let me know why 

Or if you're not in favor of this 

Let me why you don't support  the idea

If the only way to collect the vaulted relics is by unvaulting the prime for direct purchase, then I say yes, they should.

Not everyone buys the unvaulted items, and I'm sure there are plenty like me that would rather grind for the parts than just outright buy them/it. Alternatively, it allows those that sell sets and individual parts to replenish their stock.

Edit: While the current situation with relics isn't the best, in my opinion, it's sure as hek better than the old system where primes were vaulted and completely unobtainable until an unvaulting. At least with the relics, you can keep them after they've been vaulted and still get the drops from them.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Just now, Aurea_Hiigara said:

With relics, why are we still vaulting primes in the first place?

Because the drop tables for relics are likely just as saturated as the old key drop tables. Swapping relics in and out lets DE keep the drop table saturation in check, it also allows access to the loot even if the relic can't be obtained in-game due to being vaulted.

Plus, vaulting and unvaulting primes is a way to gain revenue for DE. It's far from the worst business model out there for a free to play game, especially with the way the relic system works.

3 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

With relics, why are we still vaulting primes in the first place?

i think because there would be too much relics around to farm and all the relic drop would be like 0,02% for the rare ones.
DE said that they would fix this vault thing but if this is the solution... i'm not really happy about it

frost prime shouldnt be unvaulted because of twitch prime, frost prime price shall be 1p for 1-10 months later...

im still waiting loki prime get unvaulted... still salty for loki p system... *buy from people for 900-400p from warframe market* NOPE! IM NOT PAYING THAT MUCH!

EDIT: i wasn't there when loki prime released or last time unvaulted, i missed it so im jealous/deseperate to get his last piece.

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Because the drop tables for relics are likely just as saturated as the old key drop tables. Swapping relics in and out lets DE keep the drop table saturation in check, it also allows access to the loot even if the relic can't be obtained in-game due to being vaulted.

Plus, vaulting and unvaulting primes is a way to gain revenue for DE. It's far from the worst business model out there for a free to play game, especially with the way the relic system works.

Actually quite the opposite keys were about ~24 keys but with relics you are almost triple that(without unvaulting ~58) but triple or more with unvaulting ~64. Even though they can keep it in check the relics is saturation in a different way, as in the more stuff are vaulted/unvaulted(until last prime that has no relics comes out) and new primes are made we will continuously have new relics coming out the wood works. If they werent attempting to be more forth coming with the info on relics and many other rewards, i hope, this would be an utter mess, if it isnt already, keeping track of every single relic and its tables and where they drop.

Everything else i agree with you.

3 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

Frost Prime has already been unvaulted a second time. Yes, every Prime will be unvaulted over and over on some kind of rotating basis.

So has Mag now.

3 hours ago, OH_GOD_NOTTHISGUY said:

Cause not only does that mess with the "warframe economy" but also it gives the player a sense of discomfort while purchasing a prime set wondering if they're making a mistake 

Buyer beware. Unvaulting takes place only in Summer and Winter, and it's easy to predict who's coming in the next. DE shouldn't stop unvaulting just because some players are uncomfortable when trading sets.

Edited by LazerSkink

11 minutes ago, OH_GOD_NOTTHISGUY said:

mess with the "warframe economy"

It'll mess with the economy even more when primes don't get unvaulted again and so Ember P sets sell for like 20,000 plat because there's not a big enough stock of them. 

12 minutes ago, OH_GOD_NOTTHISGUY said:

Not to mention they all have been unvaulted once before

Only one frame from each pair has been unvaulted more than once.

I do want primes to be unvaulted more than once. In fact, I want more unvaultings per year. At the rate that unvaultings are being released, Frost and Ember probably won't even get unvaulted another time since we have just as many Primes going into the vault as we do temporarily coming out of it. 

My biggest problem with how the relic system works is that the relic rewards are organized so terribly. What I mean by that is whenever a new PA comes out, we need like 6 relics just to hold all the new primes + the primes whose relics were vaulted. If the relics were organized in a way that each one had a single "generation" of Primes in it, then only like 3 relics would need to be vaulted at one time and we'd only get 3 new relics in the relic drop tables. 

tbh, they should really have been available to everyone, forever, from the start, but then drop table dilution became an issue. personally I think they should find a new way of re-introducing primes. I propose an idea:

Primed Specters:

in addition to Parkour rooms, the void would now have rooms that contain precious relics and artefacts which are guarded by the Specters of primed Warframes. they would be armed with their respective Primed weapons,  and the player would fight them for a chance at one blueprint of the frame they killed. these rooms would also contain either an Ayatan or a random Relic.

this would encourage players to start running void missions again to obtain these primed parts, though I reckon DE make too much money from unvault packs to bother with a fix like this..

20 hours ago, Omnipower said:

Actually quite the opposite keys were about ~24 keys but with relics you are almost triple that(without unvaulting ~58) but triple or more with unvaulting ~64. Even though they can keep it in check the relics is saturation in a different way, as in the more stuff are vaulted/unvaulted(until last prime that has no relics comes out) and new primes are made we will continuously have new relics coming out the wood works. If they werent attempting to be more forth coming with the info on relics and many other rewards, i hope, this would be an utter mess, if it isnt already, keeping track of every single relic and its tables and where they drop.

Everything else i agree with you.

I'm not sure you understood what I was getting at with my comment to relic saturation. I was referring to the saturation of rewards from the relics/keys, not the relics/keys drops from the solar system themselves.

The relics each hold 6 loot items that can drop. The old keys system, some keys had upwards of 10 different loot items, maybe more if I'm not remembering correctly. It was really silly.

A good example of what I meant would be the old survival keys. 3-5 drops on A rotation, 3-5 drops on B rotation, and 4 or so drops on C rotation. Now, it's only 6 items per rotation and we have some control over what 6 items are in the loot table, you just have to have more than one relic to run a full A/A/B/C rotation and you're guaranteed one of those six each time you select that relic. Want something different? Select a different relic.

The only way to get loot drop tables like the old key system now would be to run a pub fissure mission, where you don't know what relics are being brought into the mission. Otherwise, you'll have up to 4 chances at the 6 loot items per relic because you've made or joined a squad that is running a specific relic.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

58 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

tbh, they should really have been available to everyone, forever, from the start, but then drop table dilution became an issue. personally I think they should find a new way of re-introducing primes. I propose an idea:

Primed Specters:

in addition to Parkour rooms, the void would now have rooms that contain precious relics and artefacts which are guarded by the Specters of primed Warframes. they would be armed with their respective Primed weapons,  and the player would fight them for a chance at one blueprint of the frame they killed. these rooms would also contain either an Ayatan or a random Relic.

this would encourage players to start running void missions again to obtain these primed parts, though I reckon DE make too much money from unvault packs to bother with a fix like this..

I like this idea. DE could always give the Specters a chance to drop one part on each death, if money is a concern.

Absolutely they should be. If the idea of buying Prime Access concerns you because the Primes with in will be re-released later cheaper. Hold on to your hat because when you get out into the real world where near everything you buy works like that. From cars to video game consoles and everything in between will be cheaper down the road than when you bought it new/first.

If they are never unvaulted than eventually there will be no more of that item in circulation, or there will be so few that the select few with any left can charge what ever they want, thus converting warframes effective free market into a captive market. This would be bad. 

If you are having trouble visualizing this, imagine if every single prime, no matter how good or bad, was more expensive than primed Chamber. 

Edited by Miser_able

I have every frame regular and prime and I still think they should.  So once all stock is sold, how will newer players or people who just missed them obtain them?  Pay 6000p to the one guy who has one?  Then after that what?  Shoulda started playing the game earlier in time now your SoL.  Only people who would want this are people who horde sets with the intention of jacking prices up and even then how would they resupply after theirs were gone?

2 hours ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

Absolutely they should be. If the idea of buying Prime Access concerns you because the Primes with in will be re-released later cheaper. Hold on to your hat because when you get out into the real world where near everything you buy works like that. From cars to video game consoles and everything in between will be cheaper down the road than when you bought it new/first.

Sadly I disagree on the video game console part, my mint limited edition Atari that is sealed which the box has never been opened sells for more then my ps4 pro (a lot more, had $2,500 offer on eBay and that was back in 2014). Old game systems become collectables later on down the road if you take good care of them, especially if they're limited edition. I also have a collection of mint hockey cards which multiple cards are ranging in the $100's of dollars which I either got free, paid $5 for or were given to me by family, so not everything becomes cheaper down the road. Just thought I'd correct you on that.

ps.. yes I'm old.

Edited by iMalicious

4 hours ago, iMalicious said:

Sadly I disagree on the video game console part, my mint limited edition Atari that is sealed which the box has never been opened sells for more then my ps4 pro (a lot more, had $2,500 offer on eBay and that was back in 2014). Old game systems become collectables later on down the road if you take good care of them, especially if they're limited edition. I also have a collection of mint hockey cards which multiple cards are ranging in the $100's of dollars which I either got free, paid $5 for or were given to me by family, so not everything becomes cheaper down the road. Just thought I'd correct you on that.

ps.. yes I'm old.

Given that condition yes. The same can be said of old cars that have been kept in immaculate condition. You know as well as I do that is the rare exception and not the rule. An example is I can run down to the local flea market, goodwill, or salvation army and grab a working Atari with wires and a stack of games for under $100. I know nothing about collectors cards but would imagine that they would have to be in mint / near mint condition to bring about that kind of price. Not showing the wear of normal none collector ownership.

Edit: This kind of side tracked me. My original point was say more in line with comparing people upset by Primes being cheaper or free later down the road to folks upset that the price of their current game system has went down a year or so later. Paying $600 for a PS3 when it's new then surprised when you can get them new for 250-300 later. Same with new games paying 60 at launch to act shocked that a year later it's 30 or 20 new. Seen the same with TVs. They spend 1,000+ then complain two years later the same tv is 400. Wasn't meant to refer to antiqued items.

Edited by blackheartstar_pc

The vault isn't the best possible way to dissipate the over saturation of prime parts but it works. How many items are already out of reach for new players? 9 frames, 14 weapons, 2 sentinels and 1 aw. That's 120k Mr alone. As a comparison, it's 57.3% of the prime frames, 100% of the sentinels and aw and 40% of the prime weapons. (Not counting founder's exclusives).

Not having those things ever again in game makes them exclusive. Nobody here likes super exclusive things that are not cosmetics. How long will it be till the last Ember set reaches a price of several hundred dollars?

As a person that has a small stash of vaulted frames and weapons, I don't mind then coming back. Actually I'm glad they are as newer players get to have them for, relatively, normal prices. 

If DE had made all prime item's parts drop in a single relic from the start, like the unvaulted ones, it would have been a much easier thing to manage. Maybe that'd have made certain things to easy to farm. 

First of all click-bait title, they are all going to be unvaulted eventually.(a few times)

But there are a couple of reasons they vault them

#1 It creates artificial scarcity as the only sinks for them are use and Baro

#2 It keeps the reward pools from being oversaturated

#3 It keeps a somewhat stable economy due to #1

Edited by SilvaDreams