Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QoL Change Request: Status Chance

Dracario

Can we address Status Effect mods being moot?

The issue of Status Effect Mods; they grant a multiplicative increase to status in which nowadays do not do much. When it comes to dual stat mods they both grant Elemental Damage and Status Chance, so i addressed the following issue in two resolutions:

1. Make the Pure Status Chance mods a flat additive bonus.

This will address the issue for most status weapons in that they can get there but not quite. The drawbacks on this decision, however; will cause almost ANY weapon to become a status weapon. Although this is a good suggestion I think this is not the best way to buff those mods.

2. Increase the Status Chance on those mods.

Dual Stat mods increase status chance by 60% which is four times higher than the regular mod gives. My suggestion is to give it 100% multiplicative status chance. This will double the amount of status chance for the status weapons while still keeping other non-status weapons out of their category (at most give 30% status chance).

While we address this issue of Status Chance: Beam weaponry. These are notoriously polarizing category of weapons depending if they're good or not. When it comes to Synapse and Amprex, they're fine but it's when it comes to status beam weapons is where things go south. Every 100ms is where a beam actually hits an enemy. This has serious detrimental effects for status weapons. Some do not hit hard thus their time to kill is less than satisfactory. I suggest decreasing the 100ms to 75ms or 50ms as increasing beam weapons with Speed Trigger makes them consume even more ammo than they are currently (looking at you Glaxion and Flux Rifle). This allows beam weapons to proc more often and at the same rate as some other weapons as well.

Would anyone agree to these changes?

Would the dual stat mods still be one for each elemental type AND be 100% status chance increase? Status is already to op and sounds like this would make (if I understood you correctly) it even stronger (altough I would not hate it if these changes were made xD
Atm I'm satisified but it would be nice if mods like Rifle aptitude got an higher increase, making it not additive but like 90% status increase instead, like their crit counterparts.

Your last point though, yeah beam weapons need some love. Status/sec feels way to rushed and not complete. Another thing that would benefit from some love is the status chance per pellet. The mathmatical formula for status per pellet is just way to weird. Making 99.99999% status close to 0% and 100% gives each pellet guaranteed proc.

Edited by (PS4)ExetSM
Typos I do your bidding.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ExetSM said:

Would the dual stat mods still be one for each elemental type AND be 100% status chance increase? Status is already to op and sounds like this would make (if I understood you correctly) it even stronger (altough I would not hate it if these changes were made xD
Atm I'm satisified but it would be nice if mods like Rifle aptitude got an higher increase, making it not additive but like 90% status increase instead, like their crit counterparts.

Your last point though, yeah beam weapons need some love. Status/sec feels way to rushed and not complete. Another thing that would benefit from some love is the status chance per pellet. The mathmatical formula for status per pellet is just way to weird. Making 99.99999% status close to 0% and 100% gives each pellet guaranteed proc.

Only pure status chance mods (Shotgun Savvy, Rifle Ampitude, Sure Shot, Melee Prowess) will get 100%. Dual stat will remain the same.

Yeah, sure sounds good. Either of these would actually make the pure status mods more viable, although I think I like the latter suggestion better. As for how status works on beam weapons, I'm not actually sure how it works, but I do know that unlike most weapons multi-shot doesn't effect status on continuous and I believe that fire rate doesn't either. In general status on beam weapons needs to be reworked. Also status/crit per pellet needs to be reworked too.

The base status chance mods should give 100% status still these are lower priority mods because the dual stat mods gives damage too. The other option is these mods give a flat status bonus to the weapons. Also true steel should give +100 crit chance just to follow the point strike and pistol gambit mods. Clearly I haven't option to give a chance to that mod because of the just 60% crit chance. I know the melee works differently but that mod not so well and I never use it on any weapon.

Same with the pure status mods because the amount what those mods give just a waste of slot. Then we can talk about the resistance mods but thats a different topic.

1 minute ago, Sziklamester said:

The base status chance mods should give 100% status still these are lower priority mods because the dual stat mods gives damage too. The other option is these mods give a flat status bonus to the weapons. Also true steel should give +100 crit chance just to follow the point strike and pistol gambit mods. Clearly I haven't option to give a chance to that mod because of the just 60% crit chance. I know the melee works differently but that mod not so well and I never use it on any weapon.

Same with the pure status mods because the amount what those mods give just a waste of slot. Then we can talk about the resistance mods but thats a different topic.

it's not a waste. it's an option if you dont have those elemental dual stats. a fresh player, for example; won't have or know where a dual stat mod drops (or has access to the electric variety). So they can rely on the pure status one for now until they find them. This also helps balance out the sortie for Elemental Resistence. Those are the worst out of majority of the modifiers of sorties imo.

5 minutes ago, Dracario said:

it's not a waste. it's an option if you dont have those elemental dual stats. a fresh player, for example; won't have or know where a dual stat mod drops (or has access to the electric variety). So they can rely on the pure status one for now until they find them. This also helps balance out the sortie for Elemental Resistence. Those are the worst out of majority of the modifiers of sorties imo.

In my eyes those mods are waste because there are tons of options to replace them. Their current form is too low to get a slight buff even if 100% on a 10% weapon it is just 20%. 2.5% status plus is just terrible.

50 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

In my eyes those mods are waste because there are tons of options to replace them. Their current form is too low to get a slight buff even if 100% on a 10% weapon it is just 20%. 2.5% status plus is just terrible.

why would you use the mod on a weapon that has 10% status? That's what i addressed in my post. This was to keep non-status weapons in their place while status weapons get their boost. If the pure status chance mod was given, that'd save space for 90% elementals at least.

For flat status chance I'd say no (unless it was restricted to being added AFTER other status chance mods and keep its current %, so it basically wont do anything to increase other status mods) . As for the base status mods going up in value then yes. its ridiculous how the dual stat elementals are way more powerful then a mod that has status chance as its only function.