Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How many of you have not noticed this? (about Akbronco Prime)

Madway7

So I'm curious. How many of you have not noticed that the AkBronco Prime is the only dual variant that does NOT have double the magazine size of it's single variant?

Bronco Prime: 4

AkBronco Prime: 6

I noticed this immediately after building it and it has been a big gripe of mine with the weapon ever since. 

But I sometimes run into people that never noticed this, eventhough they use/have used the weapon.

I have personally tried to tell DE about this twice. With a weapons feedback thread last year and a reply to the buffed weapons thread semi recently, but so far no change.

So how many of you have not noticed this at all?

8 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Secretly I think the real problem is that Bronco prime has 4 shots even though it only has 3 barrels :P

Yeah I kinda think that might be what they intended too, then again the Vaykor Hek is a quad barrel shotgun with 8 shots.

18 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Well, if you really need that mag size that bad, there's several mods for it.

Kind of not the point, really.  You are taking two single weapons, both with a mag capacity of 4 and combining them.  That should total 8 no matter how pointless it may seem or how little people care one way or another.

Making it akimbo style shouldn't somehow drop a shot from each magazine, especially when afaik no other AK- weapon does this.

It isn't just about "oh i need 2 more shots", its consistency that the OP is questioning.  However, there are other factors involved which may explain DE's reasoning.

38 minutes ago, Madway7 said:

How many of you have not noticed that the AkBronco Prime is the only dual variant that does NOT have double the magazine size of it's single variant?

One thing you should also have noticed, though, is that the reload on Bronco Prime is 2 seconds and AkBronco Prime is 2.3 seconds.  This is a fairly significant difference over most (all?) other Ak- version weapons.

Instead of doubling the reload time, which is normal when combining two single pistols together, they only added a negligible amount.

Such as with the normal [Ak]Bronco variant, which goes from 2 to 4 per mag but also from 1 to 2.3, more than twice the time to reload.

There is also a fire rate difference, some ak weapons don't change that either.

You have to consider all the factors, and is what I believe the reasoning behind only adding 2 more shots per mag.

Secondary shotguns are already weird enough as is, being unable to take full advantage of the shotgun aspect that normal shotguns do (spread and what not), but I've not exactly compared each and every AK weapon available so maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by Xekrin

15 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Well, if you really need that mag size that bad, there's several mods for it.

Not that I need it, it's more a griper with the inconsistency of it. In my feedback post I said this too, but I went through every single dual weapon variant to check and the Akbronco Prime is the ONLY one that doesn't have double the magazine size of the single one.

I guess I'd be fine with them nerfing the Bronco Primes magazine too...

2 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

One thing you should also have noticed, though, is that the reload on Bronco Prime is 2 seconds and AkBronco Prime is 2.3 seconds.  This is a fairly significant difference over most (all?) other Ak- version weapons.

Instead of doubling the reload time, which is normal when combining two single pistols together, they only added a negligible amount.

Such as with the normal [Ak]Bronco variant, which goes from 2 to 4 per mag but also from 1 to 2.3, more than twice the time to reload.

There is also a fire rate difference, some ak weapons don't change that either.

You have to consider all the factors, and is what I believe the reasoning behind only adding 2 more shots per mag.

Secondary shotguns are already weird enough as is, being unable to take full advantage of the shotgun aspect that normal shotguns do (spread and what not), but I've not exactly compared each and every AK weapon available so maybe I'm wrong.

Yeah I noticed a lot of differences with the dual variants, fire rate which may or may not change, damage spread differences and crit/status chance differences

The reload speed doesn't double for any of them iirc, it increases by a random margin it seems

But the only consistency across the board seemed to be the double magazine with the exception of the Akbronco Prime.

22 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Secretly I think the real problem is that Bronco prime has 4 shots even though it only has 3 barrels :P

I'm of the same opinion. Reduce the single version to 3 magsize and reloadtime to 1.25 seconds and it'd fit better, all in all.

Speaking of the Ak- vs single Bronco Prime; For the longest time, it had the most inconsistent differences between single and dual:

* Damage amount was different
* Damagetypes were different (and still are)
* Critical multipliers were different
* Statuschances were different (and still are), although this differs in a bunch of other Akimbo vs Single versions too (Magnus, Lex etc)
* Magsizes were not correctly done (and still aren't), just like Cestra vs Dual Cestra (including Secura)
* Reloadtimes are not ~2x longer on dual version, like most others are (although there are many exceptions, Twin Kohmak vs Kohmak being the worst offenders)

At least they fixed SOME of the inconsistencies.

Just face the facts: DE's forte is definitely NOT consistency. I'm personally just happy the AkBronco are somewhat viable weapons right now. Keep your expectations low from DE (especially in regards to consistency, logic and balance) and you'll be perfectly happy apathetic about Warframe.

Edited by Azamagon

*insert a pseudoscientific bullS#&$ explanation regarding orokin batteries, and the link required as a component for dual variant*
*also explains why one gun of a pair can tap from both clips while the other gun is holstered and also has its fire rate doubled*

Edited by LABAL

12 minutes ago, LABAL said:

*insert a pseudoscientific bullS#&$ explanation regarding orokin batteries, and the link required as a component for dual variant*
*also explains why one gun of a pair can tap from both clips while the other gun is holstered and also has its fire rate doubled*

When I started the game I think the AkLato? Not sure, but an early game Akweapon does gets its magazine size halved while carrying stuff, I liked this feature actually.

But I assumed most didn't which is why all later dual variants don't use half magazine while carrying stuff.

I still need to see if it's like this for that early weapon, but I don't want to get the AkLato again just to check this and I'm not sure if it was the AkLato and not some other weapon.

Btw non Prime dual variants don't have links, just an arbitrary resource cost =P

28 minutes ago, LABAL said:

Also you made me realise how illogical it is that we have to craft dual variants in the first place.

I have 2 Vasto Primes, let me put one in one hand and the other in the other hand, CRAZY RIGHT! 

But no we have to wait for Baro to bring us a relic that has the chance to give a blueprint and a magical link so that our magical foundry can put 2 + 2 together.

But yeah let's just keep going about the magazine inconsistency for now since arbitrary systems are arbitrary.

1 minute ago, Madway7 said:

Also you made me realise how illogical it is that we have to craft dual variants in the first place.

I have 2 Vasto Primes, let me put one in one hand and the other in the other hand, CRAZY RIGHT! 

But no we have to wait for Baro to bring us a relic that has the chance to give a blueprint and a magical link so that our magical foundry can put 2 + 2 together.

But yeah let's just keep going about the magazine inconsistency for now since arbitrary systems are arbitrary.

There are two main reason for this:
 1 - If we could mix and match secondary weapons as we please... Nevermind. The gamepad has already run out of mapped buttons at that point, actually. I am struggling to find a comfortable combination.
 2 - It simply pays more for dual variant to be a "different" weapon. But I did not really need to bring that up.