Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auto DVR silliness

(XBOX)TweakdRookie

Heresy as it may seem, Warframe isn't the only game I play on Xbox and I do have a tendency to broadcast what I'm doing. The issue is that Warframe constantly makes DVR clips when I didn't tell it to and the only way to turn it off is to disable broadcasting.

Wondering why there isn't an in game option to turn off auto captures. I've seen people complain about it and it's been "looked into" but obviously not much has been done (that I can tell).

Heresy!!!

Although that aside, it may have something to do with your Xbox settings as my brother and I never have issues like this and we stream to our computers often, and he streams on Twitch. Another thing is that it might be the leveling up of your weapons/Warframe to rank 30, or completing a new boss. If the game clips show a fancy name like "Conduit of the Void" (Warframe rank 30) then that's the problem instead.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)TeratoidJeans86 said:

Another thing is that it might be the leveling up of your weapons/Warframe to rank 30, or completing a new boss. If the game clips show a fancy name like "Conduit of the Void" (Warframe rank 30) then that's the problem instead.

Although this does happen, I also get random clips at weird times.  Sometimes, for instance, I'll get a clip at the beginning of LoR.  I used to get 2 clips at the end of JV for some weird reason, although that issue seems to have been fixed.

I've been through my settings and even tried doing a google search on it. Results I found only say to disable the streaming as the way to stop it. Since I'm still working on my MR, I level weapons a lot and keep getting the videos. Yes I can delete them when they come up, but it's usually when I'm in the thick of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Same here.

You can also get clips for using an ultimate ... -_-

And the only way to prevent this is what OP said : you have to turn off the ability to make clips (not sure that it's broadcasting though but just using the DVR, even if it's on purpose).

They should have an option to turn off auto DVR, or better choose their moments (1st time for things, but not all the times, like levelling to 30)

• 3 weeks later...

I can second the above comments.  I recently started Warframe and it, by far, makes more clips using the DVR function than any other game.  I've even started getting a clip every time I complete an Archwing mission...... Every...... Time.......

The clip on leveling something to 30 is annoying for 2 reasons, as a new player I am leveling new gear constantly, and it's almost never interesting.  "Oh, did you just spend the last 30 seconds of a mission opening chests and then run to extraction with absolutely nothing interesting happening, only to have your mission bonus XP push you over the edge"?  Here's a clip noone wants to watch of you doing it....  "Were you running around like a n00b and accidentally falling off the map, only to have some shared XP from your team push you over the edge to 30"?  Clip..... 

And if noone in your friend's list has tried Warframe, they'll be looking at your videos like "really, is this the most interesting thing in the game that he felt the need to make 37 boring clips of him just hitting the mission end screen?"  I therefore feel obligated to delete all clips as soon as they happen, not just for me and my friends' sake, but to make the game look more interesting to people who see it when cool stuff actually does happen.

From my perspective, Auto-DVR in any game is almost always a bad idea.  If it's too generically applied then none of the clips are that interesting to watch (like Warframe) and if it's too specific to certain scripted (interesting) events, then there are just thousands of clips online of people doing the exact same thing with a different gamertag in the corner.

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by (XB1)Mega Proteus