Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Ability Mix 'n Match

Pransaculass

I think that this game could do with some more variety, ability wise. A simple idea would be to have some abilites intertwine with eachother. Example: Volt. If he were to enable Overload and then Shock, then that would send the wave forwards at a greater distance. Or Excalibur. If he were to activate Super Jump and then Slash Dash, he could dash forwards and downwards in an impact on an enemy, dealing maximum damage to a single target and slighty damaging and disorientating nearby enemies with the shockwave caused by the impact. Of course, a greater amount of energy will be needed.

These are simple ideas and suggestions, and by are no means considered to be perfect. I just think the ability system could have a bit more variety. And with the above idea you could add new gameplay options aswell.

If anyone else has ideas please reply with them. I do not have a full understanding of all Warframe abilites and would like to see what everyone comes up with, aswell as hear what they think about the idea.

+1, it's a good idea. Another combo could be Volt's Sprint + Charged Melee Attack = higher damage, or in general, higher jumps means more damage when you land with your weapon. Excalibur then should do more damage after his Super Jump. Another combo linked to the melee system could be Mag's first ability + charged attack, always more damage. I've read this one on the forum, but I don't remember who posted it, sorry.

About Ember, maybe her 2nd ability "Overheat" could give the aura of fire damage, but can also improve the effect of the other skills, like Fire Ball or Fire ... Higher temperature = higher damage. Some thing with Frost's Snow Globe, but I haven't tested him, so I can't be sure about this one.

Trinity's Link can do damage to the target if the player recover his/her health. So if you use Link + Blessing should do a lot of damage, wouldn't even be OP because the cost is 175. Just a few ideas.... But I think that Devs should work on this system, maybe even with abilities from different warframes...

It's good to see some people giving feedback on the idea, and showing new ideas!

+1, it's a good idea. Another combo could be Volt's Sprint + Charged Melee Attack = higher damage, or in general, higher jumps means more damage when you land with your weapon. Excalibur then should do more damage after his Super Jump. Another combo linked to the melee system could be Mag's first ability + charged attack, always more damage. I've read this one on the forum, but I don't remember who posted it, sorry.

About Ember, maybe her 2nd ability "Overheat" could give the aura of fire damage, but can also improve the effect of the other skills, like Fire Ball or Fire ... Higher temperature = higher damage. Some thing with Frost's Snow Globe, but I haven't tested him, so I can't be sure about this one.

Trinity's Link can do damage to the target if the player recover his/her health. So if you use Link + Blessing should do a lot of damage, wouldn't even be OP because the cost is 175. Just a few ideas.... But I think that Devs should work on this system, maybe even with abilities from different warframes...

Those are some pretty good ideas. Adding powers to melee would definately increase gameplay oportunities without overpowering any single frame. If you want to try and think up more ideas you can see all the Warframe abilities here: http://warframe.wiki.../wiki/Warframes

Sounds great, but what about Loki? :c

I can only think of a teleport that leaves a decoy in your place, but that's it. D:

I think that maybe Loki could link Decoy with Radial Disarm, so that the ability goes off when the decoy reaches an enemy or (if set this way) the target destination.

I don't like the excalibur idea as I use jump and dash for moving around.

Maybe we can have the mixed abilites activated if you activate the singular abilites at the same time, rather than one after the other. That would solve your problem with the idea.

Like I said, the idea isn't perfect. Any suggestions of combinations or ideas about the concept itself are what I want to see.

Edited by Pransaculass