Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Current State of Affairs - Oxium

OnTarasMind

I feel as if Oxium has always been this odd side-issue in Warframe. With it's drops(spawns) being incredibly inconsistent in most cases, it's become more of an issue of looking for the best spots that spawn Oxium Drones more than others. With this, certain spots like Baal on Europa get nerfed/changed in such a way that makes it more inconsistent for Oxium drop rates. Because of this, Oxium doesn't feel like a rare resource, it just feels like a chore getting it, which is why I feel as if the way it's acquired should be changed.

Now, with Oxium dropping much more often from Corpus missions, it gave me the idea that Oxium could be the Kuva of the corpus, in a sense. There could be little events in a mission that help players get more Oxium a bit more consistently, while possibly adding a fun little minigame inside of those missions. I currently have no idea what that little minigame could be, which is why I want to discuss this more, or maybe even get a better suggestion on how Oxium acquisition could be made less boring/chore-like.

I finally built my Vauban prime and Gattler from the double resource weekend so I am done with Oxium. But there are a lot of resources in warframe which are equally chore like in collecting, that's the very nature of the game. Oxium, mutagen samples, neural sensors, argon crystals, orokin cells are all a chore if your are specifically farming from them. 

Although it will be good to have ways to collect more oxium fast I don't believe its consumed that consistently to have a specific way to get more. Once you have your 27k oxium farmed you are basically done with Oxium in the current build. Comparing it to Kuva is not right as its not even in the same league as you can burn through a thousands of kuva in a few secs. 

10 minutes ago, Kusungphak said:

Comparing it to Kuva is not right as its not even in the same league as you can burn through a thousands of kuva in a few secs. 

I wasn't comparing Oxium itself to Kuva. I was using an analogy to compare how Oxium could be changed to make it easier/a bit more fun to get.

46 minutes ago, Zia_Avenicia said:

Now, with Oxium dropping much more often from Corpus missions, it gave me the idea that Oxium could be the Kuva of the corpus, in a sense.

But either way, Oxium is probably the biggest example of a resource that is an issue in terms of acquisition, at least in my eyes. I just thought it would be nice to spark conversation about possible solutions to the collection of resources like Oxium, Mutagen Samples, etc.

Edited by Zia_Avenicia

Much like other resources in the game, focusing heavily on one resource will make it seem like much more of a chore to get whereas happening to use it as you play the game will make it feel like it comes in at a much smoother rate.

Oxium is intended to be an uncommon to rare resource and feels exactly how it should-- uncommon for a long term player and rare for a shorter term player. The fact that it has a specific enemy that always drops it if you kill them is unusual among resources and that, alone, outweighs the, "problem," with any acquisition methods for it. Oxium is a resource that's more comparable to Cryotic, in that regard.

Oxium isn't really that bad in it's current for, and I usually get hounded by Oxium Ospreys on Venus these days. as long as any future requirement's of Oxium are kept reasonable (not 7,000 and up), it'll stay that way. as others have said, it's mostly Vauban Prime, Grattler Research and of course Zephyr that use up the most Oxium.

3 hours ago, Kusungphak said:

I finally built my Vauban prime and Gattler from the double resource weekend so I am done with Oxium.

Did you notice that the research for the Scourge is 4500 (!!!) Oxium on ghost clan level. Meaning a whopping 135'000 Oxium for mountain clans. This makes the Gattler rather cheap ...

34 minutes ago, k05h said:

Did you notice that the research for the Scourge is 4500 (!!!) Oxium on ghost clan level. Meaning a whopping 135'000 Oxium for mountain clans. This makes the Gattler rather cheap ...

Wasn't an issue for the Moon Clan I'm in. I donated a good 8000 oxium perosnally and it was no problem for me... I got all that just randomly doing Corpus missions, I was almost all out after Vauban Prime, but I have never once purposefully farmed Oxium since building Vauban and I don't play that often anymore. 

Oxium is not hard to acquire. 

7 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Wasn't an issue for the Moon Clan I'm in. I donated a good 8000 oxium perosnally and it was no problem for me... I got all that just randomly doing Corpus missions, I was almost all out after Vauban Prime, but I have never once purposefully farmed Oxium since building Vauban and I don't play that often anymore. 

Oxium is not hard to acquire. 

It is when no one else ever plays Corpus tile sets. They rather just affinity farm the much easier Grineer then complain about not having polymer bundles and Oxium.

Oxium is not that hard to get. 

If you play normal missions, and if you are starting, do corpus alerts, specially interceptions and the like, you will get oxium. You don't even need to farm for it, just play the game normally. I never farmed it and I always had a good amount of oxium.

6 minutes ago, k05h said:

Well Scourge research was started on the day it was released in my clan. 45k in my  mountain clan was not a problem. I donated around 3k. Already done leveling it up. 

7 hours ago, Zia_Avenicia said:

I feel as if Oxium has always been this odd side-issue in Warframe. With it's drops(spawns) being incredibly inconsistent in most cases, it's become more of an issue of looking for the best spots that spawn Oxium Drones more than others. With this, certain spots like Baal on Europa get nerfed/changed in such a way that makes it more inconsistent for Oxium drop rates. Because of this, Oxium doesn't feel like a rare resource, it just feels like a chore getting it, which is why I feel as if the way it's acquired should be changed.

Now, with Oxium dropping much more often from Corpus missions, it gave me the idea that Oxium could be the Kuva of the corpus, in a sense. There could be little events in a mission that help players get more Oxium a bit more consistently, while possibly adding a fun little minigame inside of those missions. I currently have no idea what that little minigame could be, which is why I want to discuss this more, or maybe even get a better suggestion on how Oxium acquisition could be made less boring/chore-like.

Personally I have nothing against adding mission (like Kuva) that give more of this material but it would not make sense unless you also make additional uses for it. It would also require those uses to require more of it to keep it balanced. I think it would also put pressure to increase the Oxium crafting cost of existing blueprints/research as simply making it easier for people to get Oxium would move it more towards being another material that you have "too much" of.

I have personally not seen Oxium as a problem but that is most likely do the hours I have put into the game. I do remember having very little amount of this resource when I needed it for some craft  in the start but lately it has been something that I have not really needed except for the new weapon research already mentioned (Scourge). I am in a Mountain Clan and spent around 24k Oxium towards that research.

Lately I found that as I was doing Jupiter - Io - Defence to get Meso relics (Wave 5/10 rewards) i got around 100 Oxium each run and even more. This added up quite fast and I still need to farm those relics so I will end up in a situation where the Clan donation to the research does not really hurt me that much. Though I am sure there is a better way to get them if you are after it specifically. I have always tried to combine several goals into single mission and that way it does not get the annoying or stressfull.

PS. Kinda hoping DE will add some resource buff for the duration of Tennocon.  :)

Edited by Zeratul81

13 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

Go play more Corpus tiles and stop farming the Grineer. Oxium issue solved.

I have been playing Corpus missions, specifically Io on Jupiter, where you get around one-hundred Oxium per run. It's not exactly a fun resource to farm for in that regard(compared to most, if not, all other resources). especially when it's drop rate is even lower outside of Io, from what I've tested.

EDIT ONE: Just to state something in regards to farming it while just playing the game - I've put in over seven-hundred hours into the game, and within that time, I've only ever gotten just enough Oxium to build the Sonicor, Vauban Prime and some other weapon I can't exactly remember the name of. So I'm either really unlucky with my drops, or I haven't played as long as some others have.

If there's anything that I want to be changed with how Oxium is dropped, I just want it to be more consistent without having to look for certain nodes that spawn more drones than others to get slightly more consistent drops and so I don't get burnt out doing the same thing over and over again, just trying to get enough of one resource.

Also, I apologize if I come off as whiny. I don't mean to come off as that.

Edited by Zia_Avenicia

Just now, Kjahla81 said:

Go play any corpus mobile def. Doesn't need to be a specific node. 

I've played nodes on Europa, Jupiter, Neptune and Venus. None of them were as consistent as Io, and sometimes they didn't even spawn a single osprey.

Somethings do have a lot of oxium required to build, but like someone already posted it's not so bad anymore. I recall when it was extremely hard to come by during the time of Zephyr, now that was bad! I think the resource is perfectly fine honestly. It drops from an enemy like any other. Though I do like the idea of making mini games maybe in missions to extend them if the player chooses to do so for certain reasons. Like your oxium idea. Kuva though has that for really one and only one reason, we need a LOT of Kuva if you like riven mods.