Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Max Credits is 2,147,483,647. (My side project -- IGN: Kinjeto)

Kinjeto

KK8PDe9.jpg

You'll have to pardon the dog's breakfast of copy pasta. I don't really write in other public forums (If you know what I mean.) but this (i.e The Warframe forum) one. This picture represents the sort of investigation I had to do to actually get, where I am today. Sometimes a bit of google work. To attack a problem you have to attack it head on.

I started Warframe on April 2013 (I think). As the game developed I learned various mechanics and systems. The prime or void system got introduced in 2014? I think it was and the money increased. I'm not sure if I was in the closed beta. I have no idea. Maybe open beta who knows.

WhYj6N7.png

I started grinding money credits in 2014 and I didn't expect to reach the cap. Think of it as killing the boredom between updates (See: We're up to U21 now). This was the height of Void 1.0 not our new Void 2.0 relic system. Void used to give money based on keys.

I thought it was 2.1 billion, 4.2 billion. I wasn't sure. In 2017 Digital Extremes said that the limit anyone had ever reached was 2,100,000,000. But at the time of the announcement I was only at about 1.5 billion and 1.6 billion. Today July 7th. I reached that limit. Im still logged in at this time of writing. There is that other guy that forma'd his frames so many times (Hi Kthal -- Yes Im very well aware.). Well I was getting so much of the currency over the years I decided to see if it had a limit. The next limit as discussed in the "Sometime ago decided to see currency numbers." I didn't expect the amount to be the 2.1 billion. But has yet here we are the 32-bit integer. If you build stuff it goes into the positive negative. (Below is the old table from when we had the void)

A33PG4q.png

Credits are easy to come by. Credits drop everywhere. The lengths at which I went to actually understand this are displayed in image above. The first picture is basically a collage of me trying to find if anyone else has this set amount. The whole journey, if you want to call it that took 2015/2016 and now 2017. I've probably got enough prime parts and sets to last me until the end if Warframe ever ends (the ride probably never ends). I wasn't really into trading. I basically set myself the goal of going through hell. To see this thing through. In 2015 I did grinding on the Dark Sector Defense mission. Then I went and did Hieracon (When it was a survival, not an Excavation node -- the infamous Hieracon Excavation node came later).

I had to investigate all avenues and all sorts of things (player wise, game wise, number wise.) With the introduction to Dark Sectors and thus therefore mentioned abandonment of the Dark Sector system it opened up new ways to get money. 1 billion was not looking very prospectful. If you want to spend years of your life pursuing numbers have fun insanity.

Near the end of 2015 and the beginning of 2016 with the introduction of trials/raids things opened up even further I was looking at the third section of the raid because that gave the most amount of cash. This was back in 2015 before everyone did speed running for the thing:

AazxSva.png

These days the credits are all merged into one amount which makes it awkward.

So one begs the question. Who else had 2,100,000,000? The three people listed in my screenshot?
ptI7qeh.png

It seemed basically the challenge set-forth at that conference I also question this amount as well.
twGFEtg.png

In the collage picture you can see various coloured question marks.
KK8PDe9.jpg

Those question marks are me questioning, just how much people have credit wise. Ironically the gross income has been broken (in classic DE style) since the new starchart was released. DE never ceases to amaze me with the bugs that crop up as well. One might say dogged wonky design.

Edited by Kinjeto

This morning I wasn't sure if the whole thing would go over

3ag3QtV.jpg

Then maybe spend another 4 years to get 4.2 billion:

nsigned int 4 0     /     4 294 967 295

This is about 2 years of various things:

float 4 -2 147 483 648.0  / 2 147 483 647.0
long float 8 -9 223 372 036 854 775 808 .0   /   9 223 372 036 854 775 807.0
double 8 -9 223 372 036 854 775 808 .0   /   9 223 372 036 854 775 807.0

Uh yeah these numbers, good luck with that. See you probably never.

Never the less the amount did go over.

ooH1WOQ.jpg

I did Nightmare LOR and I got out of the mission and I went into the arsenal not expecting that, but never the less it happened.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/157217732

Then I tried to trade a person this is what it looks like from the reverse client end at (See: 5 minutes.)

If you try crafting...

Before:
3gMAxfn.jpg

After:
d3UcExg.jpg

At the end with the 2,100,000,00 in mind in the previous post Im just wondering who exactly was the richest person?
Let alone who has the most platinum or if anyone will ever reach 2,100,000,000 platinum. Good luck to who ever does that as well.

Might I add that I don't really want anything out of this. This was a personal exercise if I could reach some sort of limit. Some sort of point. Maybe this is some sort of end game. I don't know.

Edited by Kinjeto

It's a good thing DE didn't switch to 64bit signed integers or you'd've been at this for decades lol! ;)

You should probably submit a support ticket and ask them to set the value back to a positive value before whatever they use to audit accounts finds yours. Or, just tag some of the DE staff to inform them that their limit has been reached, and should probably be fixed!

3 minutes ago, Sir_Alex_Traffo said:

Risultati immagini per what am I looking at gif

Excuse me sir, what am I looking at?

He hit the 32bit limit for credits but instead of resetting it to zero then counting up from there DE smartly used a programming work around so it's still adding it properly. (Though looks like someone did mess up a hair as it added a negative to it)

14 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

He hit the 32bit limit for credits but instead of resetting it to zero then counting up from there DE smartly used a programming work around so it's still adding it properly. (Though looks like someone did mess up a hair as it added a negative to it)

They have a bad work around. Similar to Civ which made Ghandi more evil than Hitler. A good work around will stop counting when you reach the upper limit of your positive values - ditto for the negative values.

This will hopefully get DE's attention so they address the 'Profile Total Gross Income' problem that affects every player.

- Only enemy physical credit drops count towards cumulative profile gross. No mission reward credit screen counts towards the profile gross.

- Digital extremes has been neglecting this issue & it's existence.

Edited by BuzzyBoo

3 minutes ago, Kinjeto said:

So the profile basically counted daily credits for the most part. I'm not really sure.

WXxEeTE.jpg

its entirely possible you went 600m over the cap in your time in warframe???? seems like a lot 

Nothing unusual, such things happen when you overflow variable responsible for storing data (amount of credits). And since max for signed integer is 2'147'483'647 counter flip to negative value.

I remember that I had same problem in some web game.

Just write to suport.

Upon hitting that 2.1 billion credit limit, you all should get a special Corpus themed profile icon. It's the least they could do after you have put in so much time.

Speaking of putting in time, how did that one guy get 2.1bil gross income with less than 30 days played? Seriously, how?

13 minutes ago, Silvus-Sol said:

Upon hitting that 2.1 billion credit limit, you all should get a special Corpus themed profile icon. It's the least they could do after you have put in so much time.

Speaking of putting in time, how did that one guy get 2.1bil gross income with less than 30 days played? Seriously, how?

That is 30 days in mission time.

But likely dedicated farming group with Nekros, Hydroid and an Effigy Chroma (Likely a lot of it before the syndicate Lecta nerf)

21 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

That is 30 days in mission time.

But likely dedicated farming group with Nekros, Hydroid and an Effigy Chroma (Likely a lot of it before the syndicate Lecta nerf)

I don't want anything. I just want the money back to positive. I went quite mad raiding.
https://trials.wf/player/?user=Kinjeto

Also I'd like an answer from DE: (March) what is going on there?

ptI7qeh.png

About this from March. There's another interesting one.

Edited by Kinjeto

37 minutes ago, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

ALLOY_PLATES.PNG

I have a slimier issue but not with anything as usefull.

my actual count is about 4x this, or was at the time at lest.

That's nothing to do with the thread to be honest, you can see the correct amount by Esc -> inventory -> resources, the foundry only shows stacks of 999,999