The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible content coming?

RavingRoman

I have to hand it to the development team of warframe. I've played the game since 2013 and I still find it fun and worth coming back to. I honestly think so. They are setting a new standard to video games and competing with other franchises, while still being free to play. Good on them. Many triple A companies would be put to shame from seeing what DE has created. So competing with the other games ahead of it or alongside of it, I wonder what will soon be added to one-up them.

More vehicular modes? - Archwing is a fantastic way to pursue enemies in space and in the ocean. But what about in ground level at atmospheric level? Traveling by dropship would be handy, but I just imagine it is a lot easier to shoot at you while you're in the air. So any chance we could have something like... tenno motorbikes? I know it sounds so outlandish, but everything in warframe is just that. Imagine chasing down some Grineer cargo train, or a corpus hover transport through canyons, valleys, then driving unto those things to chase after a loot mine, or a capture target; then acrobatically boarding it. It would certainly be memorable to have one of those. And would make a more badass entrance in some levels. (Obviously I do not own the picture)

c469257edefb49e1f925bdc5997e1fb0--kawasa

Multi-crew ship to ship combat? - I've seen a video of steve tinkering around with these things. It would certainly have this awesome feeling of actually raiding when you take over a grineer galleon or a corpus cruiser.

Gigantic boss battles? I mean that literally. We have the necessary tools to take them out. Just give them trillions of health or some massive armor, I don't mind battling that over and over. It would make a player feel really badass, so long as you make it slow and hits massively hard. You can even take away the revives from that to give a risk feeling every time you go up against it. I know we already have Lephantis and Jordas. But I want more. Hunhow, A giant grineer mech, or corpus mech. Or perhaps fighting someone who has the balls to go toe to toe with the tenno by using the gunships. I remember having to deal with getting shot at by another ship in the ambulas rework. You will need to add things like great music,and some kind of story rapport with the character through a quest like in Chains of Harrow. I'd definitely want to fight the Man in the Wall.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hell, you can even combine these things with each other and it would be truly amazing.

Enhanced Codex Tutorials? - New players are still having to resort to 3rd parties in order to have a better understanding on how to do anything in the game, and reading from the codex is, I have to emphasize, a terrible way to make people learn. It has to be more in-depth about everything. This is going to be huge work, but it will be worth it in the end. Teach a player how to use the arsenal, teach them all about the weapon and warframe stats, and why they matter. It also needs to teach crafting, mods upgrading, navigation, market, platinum, credit, trading, and why they matter. Let Ordis explain it all with a video examples in-game.

This is what I think warframe can use to really compete in this era of video games. What do you think should be added as well?

Edited by RavingRoman

sadly warframe is never going to be Destiny or MSGR 

for better or worse

WF is a jack of all trades horde shooter and while it has had a lot of potential along its lifespan to transform into something else/more, DE has chosen the path that they are on and i dont see them changing anytime soon =/

FWIW WF does some things fine, but they are very limited by the scope of their design and mission/map layout systems

Just now, CY13ERPUNK said:

for better or worse

WF is a jack of all trades horde shooter and while it has had a lot of potential along its lifespan to transform into something else/more, DE has chosen the path that they are on and i dont see them changing anytime soon =/

FWIW WF does some things fine, but they are very limited by the scope of their design and mission/map layout systems

I can understand what you are saying; but forgive me for disagreeing. Most top games and franchises do not reach their positions by only sticking to what they do best. They revolutionize in their strengths and take risks in adding new things. Warframe being "open beta" has better flexibility when trying to add new features. While I agree they will not be the games you mentioned above, they have the potential to be better than them.

I agree, the scope of their design is limiting as it is one of the reasons it stays alive for so long. Which is why it is up to us players to give them feedback, and help them out.

There probably will be other mission types in the future, nothing with Wheels tho...

As far as Giant Bosses, its a Yes, DE has already stated and shown a few times in DevStreams concepts for giant robot Bosses tho i believe they will come with the Tau System.

4 minutes ago, CY13ERPUNK said:

for better or worse

Destiny devs admitted during PAX that they were inspired by Warframe so i dont see Destiny in any superior standing to Warframe.

DE still has many plans for Warframe but they are slowly implementing stuff and adding to the Lore. Because of the way the game works and being free to play, they couldnt just wait for a finished product to launch. If it wasnt for our Founders pack for example, the game wouldnt still be here.

3 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

If it wasnt for our Founders pack for example, the game wouldnt still be here.

I give all the money I can afford. DE reaaaaally deserves it for spoiling the Hek out of us.

4 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

There probably will be other mission types in the future, nothing with Wheels tho...

I cry :( I want wheels

4 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

As far as Giant Bosses, its a Yes, DE has already stated and shown a few times in DevStreams concepts for giant robot Bosses tho i believe they will come with the Tau System.

I remember the report on that. However, I thought they are to be added as like champions of the mobs like Nox or the Bombards.

2 minutes ago, RavingRoman said:

I cry :( I want wheels

qjLPnFK.jpg

17 minutes ago, RavingRoman said:

I remember the report on that. However, I thought they are to be added as like champions of the mobs like Nox or the Bombards.

Actually from what i remember, they are going to be like Hyena pack that comes one in each color during the fight, each with its own abilities and resistances but they will be like Razorback size.

2 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

qjLPnFK.jpg

Actually from what i remember, they are going to be like Hyena pack that comes one in each color during the fight, each with its own abilities and resistances but they will be like Razorback size.

I have to give you a like for the picture. XD

I still want wheels!

Razorback packs? Not bad :)

Edited by RavingRoman