Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback: Multishot - and why it needs to change drastically or go away.

Ced23Ric

Monk: Multishot wouldn't even be balanced if it was capped at 25% - it would still exceed +25% damage mods by magnitudes.

Damn, why would you want a rare blue mod to be in line with common greens +25% elem/dmg ?

Can't you see that best mods are incentives to play the game? To continuously upgrade your charaters, to provide satisfaction when you find one, etc.

Make it even more rare, but it doesn't have to go.

Looks like you are sitting on your OP like it's the only way to consider multishot.

Not saying everything said in this thread is wrong, but in the end what's the problem with multishot (admitting it could use some sort of limitation) ?

Bulletsponges ? Don't think they made high HP bosses because of it, or that they would have made them easy targets if multishot wasn't ingame..

To me, the main actual issue is the gap in challenge between solo and coop. Even without multishot, this would still be an issue.

Make it even more rare, but it doesn't have to go.

Hence I said, it needs to be balanced or go, because ... of the reasons I posted in the OP, too. I am not saying that I am god's gift to debating/discussions/feedback, but I tend to invest quite a bit of time into thinking out what I am saying, and so far, the "pro" arguments for Multishot have not answered to the problems that it causes. It is a runaway entity, multiple levels past other mods. It is not slightly above regular mods, it is not a step up, it's a whole 'nother flight of stairs up. It has no relevance/relation to the other mods, completely off the charts.

Bulletsponges ? Don't think they made high HP bosses because of it, or that they would have made them easy targets if multishot wasn't ingame..

Boss kill times are recorded metrics. Multishot reduces the TTK immensely, especially since the averaged TTK is skewed again by people who farm the bosses with abandon. To counter too low TTKs, healthpools have been increased and global damage reduction has been applied. This isn't black and white. Bosses aren't too tough or too fragile, and I am not asking for fragile bosses - whereever you got that from. I am pointing out that the existence of Multishot made bosses bulletsponges due to skewing TTK metrics.

Which is why boss health should be nerfed correspondingly with a nerf to MS because right now, they are forcibly balanced around it.

Another player and I tried to duo Lech. We both emptied all our weapons into him at near point blank ranges to ensure minimal misses. With about 90% of our combined ammo pools going directly into his HP, we couldn't even get him down to 75%. Game balance is definantly being skewed by high level mod stacking.

I wonder if anyone has tried to solo the new bosses. I doubt you could carry enough bullets to kill any of them.

Monk: Multishot wouldn't even be balanced if it was capped at 25% - it would still exceed +25% damage mods by magnitudes.

TwilightAsh: Because a hard-cap limits players in their decisions. You could effectictively either waste mod space or gimp a mod.

It wouldn't, though.

A single bullet doing 1.25x damage would have identical effects to a 25% chance of firing 2 bullets, each of which does 1x damage.

You might say 'well, but the Multishot mod would give you the possibility of extra elemental damage.' and that's true, but the +25% damage mod would be far more reliable, because there is a not-insignificant chance (5% actually) that you could fire, say, 10 shots in a row and not get a single multishot proc.

Reliability favors players (because it allows you to get more consistent performance). Randomness favors the enemy (because the AI just needs you to screw up once in all those encounters).

so ? its a pve game, as long as it doesnt trivalise content, its fine, and those 25% dmg mods they too are way over powered they should be nerfed to a max of 10% while were at it, and max ammo also, way to powerful, lets drop that down, hell lets have everything the same and remove the customisation aspect.

and the example of a 25% max multishot isnt any more powerful than 25% damage really, yes it will boost other aspects when it goes off, but, as its not a 1 in 4 shots will be double, but infact a chance, it should give that chance shot to be strong, otherwise the plain 25% dmg is mathmaticly stronger and the multishot is too weak (plus were not even mentioning limiting any other kind of mod only multishot).

laters

Monk

ps if you didnt spot it this post contains aspects of sarcasm :P

The fact of the matter is that multishot does severely "trivialize content", as you say. Because the game refuses to grant me multishot mods for anything other than pistols, I'm running a ~290% multishot akfuris, which utilizes 4 multishot mods. I think it fires 7-8 rounds per shot. This effectively grants me a buttload more crit rate, a huge boost to ammo, RoF, etc. In other words, the "copy aspect" coined by cedric.

Bosses are so completely trivialized by multishotted pistols alone; I can't even imagine what a ~290% multishotted HEK or Gorgon would do to bosses.