The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please don't nerf Trin. And let me tell you why.

jazz

And no, despite what I said, Trinity is NOT OP! She makes life easier, but she is NOT a requirement. We have means to get 'infinite energy' with out her. Rage + Life strike if you tank and Arcane Energize if you can kill. Nekros with Despoil also has access to infinite energy. She is TOP TIER because she can give energy a lot more safely than some of  the other options I listed. But she still requires a target that can be affected by EV (not every boss can be) a line of sight, and ~50 energy to use EV. She is not a requirement for anything in the game. Anything in the game can be accomplished with out Trin, she just makes it easier.

2 minutes ago, QuietBiro said:

People seem to be playing Harrow wrong, due to DE peddling him as a shooter frame. Nah, he's a melee frame, with his hueg shield, and his ability to freeze enemies in place. I gave him the dex dakra with berserker and body count and he's a beast. I freeze a group of enemies, mince them and get energy that way.

But Trinity is OP. She doesn't need a nerf, she needs to be completely changed to be a fit in Warframe. Currently, she's kinda... op and useless at the same time. You only take her to make laughably easy content even more laughably easy.

Infinite energy IS op. Here's my argument - why do warframes have energy economy if it isn't. If infinite energy was fine, warframes could just have it. Or have every skill cost 1 energy to cast. Since that's not the case, infinite energy clearly is not intended and it's OP. 

The problem is that we're too spoiled and are used to casting abilities all of the time. You're not supposed to be able to be in chromatic blade for an hour straight, only interrupting every 2 minutes for a second to get trin to refill your energy. 

Energy is supposed to be a resource we need to manage. Think when we cast abilities, because they're powerful and we're using a valuable resource.

Infinite energy is like having a no-self-damage tonkor with infinite rounds. I still like trin, but she's a bad fit for the game.

From your reply its just obvious you have a low amount of hours and dont even play any end game content, no im not talking about sorties, think higher my friend. Your opinion doesn't really hold much weight when you don't experience all the game has and why certain things are the way they are. TheGrimCorsair put it nicely a few posts above. Have a read.

Just now, (PS4)DBR87 said:

And no, despite what I said, Trinity is NOT OP! She makes life easier, but she is NOT a requirement. We have means to get 'infinite energy' with out her. Rage + Life strike if you tank and Arcane Energize if you can kill. Nekros with Despoil also has access to infinite energy. She is TOP TIER because she can give energy a lot more safely than some of  the other options I listed. But she still requires a target that can be affected by EV (not every boss can be) a line of sight, and ~50 energy to use EV. She is not a requirement for anything in the game. Anything in the game can be accomplished with out Trin, she just makes it easier.

I agree with you my dude, I can't believe that people complain about her kit. ESP in a PVE game. How many times should I comment random stuff on this thread before they give up.

16 minutes ago, _A_Illuminati_A_ said:

Let me direct your attention to this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/6m4772/leave_trinity_alone/

As far as I'm concerned , Vaminos (Venn2) is more important than any of you guys. He knows what he's talking about, maybe you should listen to him.

And... now literally no one is going to take you seriously, even if they would normally be inclined to agree with you. Well played. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)DBR87 said:

except she is op. every other method of getting energy has requirements. Pizzas need to be crafted, nekros needs kills (bodies) for a chance to get energy (only a chance not a guarentee), energize needs kills, and harrow needs headshots. all trinity has to do to get 400+ energy is point and click a button. that is op.

2 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Is that an Ad-Hominem? Maybe the reason that content is being balanced around one-shot or be one-shot is because certain Warframes have trivialized all content before that point...

What if the game was balanced around level 80, or maybe even level 60?

But why? That is no where even close to end game content. Pretty much any weapon in the game can be modded to one shot kill those enemies. Sortie content doesn't make me switch loadout unless for fun its too easy to think about. If they want to rebalance frames they need a DRASTIC overhaul on the games fundamental mechanics and the way missions and enemies scale. There are so many reasons why this would be hard to do and players will always gravitate toward the most effective method. 

2 minutes ago, _A_Illuminati_A_ said:

I agree with you my dude, I can't believe that people complain about her kit. ESP in a PVE game. How many times should I comment random stuff on this thread before they give up.

So you openly admit you just made this thread for a self affirmation circle jerk? good job.

1 minute ago, (PS4)DBR87 said:

So to paraphrase...

I can beat content without this item therefore said item is not OP. 

So... you basically said nothing. Of course Trinity is not necessary for most content, that would be hilariously broken if it was the case. But when you do have a trinity a core gameplay system, energy, is made completely irrelevant. 

For example, let's say a game has two characters in it. One character has 50 health and deals 50 damage. The other character is invulnerable and deals 50 damage. The first character is capable of completing the game, but the second character takes away a core aspect of the game, danger.

1 minute ago, _A_Illuminati_A_ said:

Cmon guys, I'm just voicing my opinion and you jump on my back. Chill out

its forums and you told us not to bother disagreeing with you. thats not voicing, thats shouting as loud as you can to avoid a discussion by drowing out what others say

Hey if you don't like the way I worded what I said, or just anything in this thread. Why are you bothering to reply?

Just now, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

its forums and you told us not to bother disagreeing with you. thats not voicing, thats shouting as loud as you can to avoid a discussion by drowing out what others say

Just now, _A_Illuminati_A_ said:

Hey if you don't like the way I worded what I said, or just anything in this thread. Why are you bothering to reply?

because its the forums? a place where players make threads to discuss matters?

28 minutes ago, _A_Illuminati_A_ said:

Let me direct your attention to this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/6m4772/leave_trinity_alone/

As far as I'm concerned , Vaminos (Venn2) is more important than any of you guys. He knows what he's talking about, maybe you should listen to him.

Nope, no one is more important than someone else.

The moment you start thinking that, you alienate people with different and valid opinions and is not the way to generate a discussion.

People disliking where Trinity currently is and wants DE to change her is a valid opinion. Just like people saying she's fine where she is a valid opinion.

1 minute ago, NovusNova said:

The moment you start thinking that, you alienate people with different and valid opinions and is not the way to generate a discussion.

People disliking where Trinity currently is and wants DE to change her is a valid opinion. Just like people saying she's fine where she is a valid opinion.

hes trolling hard. just look at the previous few replys hes made

10 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

So to paraphrase...

So... you basically said nothing. Of course Trinity is not necessary for most content, that would be hilariously broken if it was the case. But when you do have a trinity a core gameplay system, energy, is made completely irrelevant. 

For example, let's say a game has two characters in it. One character has 50 health and deals 50 damage. The other character is invulnerable and deals 50 damage. The first character is capable of completing the game, but the second character takes away a core aspect of the game, danger.

I mean the comparison is just dumb. The way the game was designed was done so that everyone could feel "op". That's why you are capable of mowing down 50 units in a second. Abilities are a massive part of that, and if you cant use them then what is the point? Energy economy isn't even something to discuss because Zenurik, Energy pads and Arcane Energize exist which already trivialize this. Trinity is just another way of getting energy.

Call it OP, call it what you want, in a PVE game like Warframe with scaling being the biggest flaw you would need to drastically redesign the leveling and balancing of everything in the game to even start to worry about stuff like this. The only time which EV is really helpful and some might argue a necessity (which she really isn't due to energy pads) is for LoR which is a raid and is supposed to have defined roles and jobs. There is nothing wrong with that. I don't see why people are moaning about a non-problem when they are missing the bigger picture which is the way the game was designed as a whole. 

Edited by NotSoPure

3 minutes ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

except she is op. every other method of getting energy has requirements. Pizzas need to be crafted, nekros needs kills (bodies) for a chance to get energy (only a chance not a guarentee), energize needs kills, and harrow needs headshots. all trinity has to do to get 400+ energy is point and click a button. that is op.

She needs mobs to give energy. I bet you don't use her often, otherwise you knew how ungrateful can be your teammates who hurry to kill EVERY single being on the map before you can cast your skill.

Anyway i don't understand what are talking about saying "she's op", if you play her solo, than you're taking a hard time killing enemies with your weapons only. It's not op. If you mean that a team with Trinity is op, so.. i don't know again, i usually maximize my efficiency and don't really need someone to care for it.

3 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

I'm sorry if I worded things wrong my dude, what I meant is that I know him more than I know them. So I respect his opinion

Edited by _A_Illuminati_A_

Just now, texrei said:

She needs mobs to give energy. I bet you don't use her often, otherwise you knew how ungrateful can be your teammates who hurry to kill EVERY single being on the map before you can cast your skill.

Anyway i don't understand what are talking about saying "she's op", if you play her solo, than you're taking a hard time killing enemies with your weapons only. It's not op. If you mean that a team with Trinity is op, so.. i don't know again, i usually maximize my efficiency and don't really need someone to care for it.

i use her plenty. and i dont need "mobs" i need a single mob to max everyones energy from 0. +strength +range -duration build on trin = infinite energy and heals for everyone

1 minute ago, _A_Illuminati_A_ said:

I'm sorry if I worded things wrong my dude, what I meant is that I know him more than I know them. So I respect his opinion

you didnt word things wrong, you litterally told us we had no clue what we were talking about lol.

2 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

So to paraphrase...

Yes, one of the definitions of "Over Powered" is that said thing is a requirement and no other alternative can compete.

But let me tell you this, Inaros doesn't need Trinity. Chroma doesn't need Trinity. Nidus doesn't need Trinity. Rhino doesn't need Trinity. They have the armor and access to Rage to take a hit and restore their energy pool and heal themselves with Life Strike.

Casters need Trinity. Mag, Nova, Nyx, Mesa. They need Trinity because they can't risk taking that hit with Rage in high level content like Chroma can. The problem is the energy economy system, not that Trinity can point and click and give energy to anyone near by. If Magnetic Procs didn't completely cripple Nova, she souldn't need Trinity. If Leech Eximus didn't totally gimp Volt he wouldn't need Trinity. The problem with the energy economy is not that Trin can look at an enemy and point and get blue spheres, the problem is when in high level content, they rob you that resource in seconds. And some frames NEED energy to be effective and survive.

Hydroid is OP pre level 50. But if you take a Trin to a survival with lvl 140 eximi, good luck even keeping her with enough energy to use EV. Even Trin has to pop pizzas when there is leech auras stacking on top of you.

She isn't OP. Her kit literally does no damage. She just really good at support. Maybe Harrow needs a buff instead of Trinity needing a nerf, yeah?

25 minutes ago, (PS4)DBR87 said:

You know what? If they can rebalance Magnetic procs so they don't completely drain you of your entire energy pool in one shot and Leech Eximi don't drain your energy pool from 700 to 0 in 20 seconds, sure... add more conditions for Trinity's energy buffs.

Pre Sortie level, energy is a near infinite resource made even more infinite tanks to Trin and Zenurik and Energize. Post Sortie Level, energy is invaluable to survival and definitely finate thanks to Quick Thinking, the need of CC powers to stay alive, and Exmi literally one shotting your energy pool JUST FOR BEING IN THE SAME ROOM AS YOU! Seriously, Leech Exmi don't have to hit you to drain your energy, they just have to exist.

People asking for Trinity to be nerfed, do you realize this? Are you aware that Trin doesn't just exist in a vacuum where she is just OP and trivializes all level 40 and under content, we have high level content that is made that much more bearable when she is around. If you're gonna nerf Energy Vampire, you have to balance the reasons why it's so invaluable. 

Those conditions are there to counter the BS of of energy regen.  Reduce both as far as I'm concerned.

Just now, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

i use her plenty. and i dont need "mobs" i need a single mob to max everyones energy from 0. +strength +range -duration build on trin = infinite energy and heals for everyone

i just need an energy pad to max out everyones energy too! Isn't it great how trivial this entire thread is because the game at its current state is completely unbalanced as a whole and worrying about small stuff like a Trin nerf is pointless unless you fix the bigger problem first!

2 minutes ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

you didnt word things wrong, you litterally told us we had no clue what we were talking about lol.

I didn't say that my dude, why are you trying to put words in my mouth , it hurts :(

2 minutes ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

So you build her the way you dislike? Yea, that makes a lot of sense