The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please don't nerf Trin. And let me tell you why.

jazz

4 minutes ago, iMalicious said:

some people dont understand the use of your party members, even in end game on a survival that is 6 hours in, stand in a frosts globe, behind a volts shield or in the safety of your party members ability.

Venomous eximus, nullifier bubbles, osprey mines, there are so many things that can render frost bubbles and volt shields to be completely useless.

Edited by Viyrew

1 minute ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

is that your oppinion or fact?

that's actually pretty much fact, and I hate to agree with him. start chart and sorties are simply to easy to ever need a trinity, endurance runs is where it's at.

Just now, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

is that your oppinion or fact?

When discussing something like scaling of frames i would expect a competent experience level in the game. I do believe the majority of people would agree with me in such a case. If you NEED an EV trin for anything in the star chart, maybe thats why you think she's "OP"... please stop >_>

4 minutes ago, Viyrew said:

Venomous eximus, nullifier bubbles, osprey mines, there are so many things that can render frost bubbles and volt shields to be completely useless against.

The only real popular endurance run people do is in MOT and there is so much places in MOT you can setup where you're perfectly safe behind bubbles and volts shield for 6 hours plus (even with eximus and nullifier bubbles) unless you're dumb and run out of it and die. Which if you're a support frame don't even go out of it to collect life support, let your team who can survive out there do it. When you do an endurance run you plan for a good team composition, not just throw random crap together.

Edited by iMalicious

Just now, iMalicious said:

that's actually pretty much fact, and I hate to agree with him. start chart and sorties are simply to easy to ever need a trinity, endurance runs is where it's at.

alright fair enough. its easier to accept something coming from some one who has shown a willingness to be open to debate instead of nothing but one sided.

2 minutes ago, NotSoPure said:

When discussing something like scaling of frames i would expect a competent experience level in the game. I do believe the majority of people would agree with me in such a case. If you NEED an EV trin for anything in the star chart, maybe thats why you think she's "OP"... please stop >_>

when did i say i needed her for starchart or sortie? i only ever mentioned speed runs on defense missions as a specific place i used her before. so "please stop >_>" trying to make an ad homenim counter argument from an assumption you made about me.

Edited by --Shadow-Stalker--

1 hour ago, _A_Illuminati_A_ said:

infinite energy is not OP.

Yeah they already mentioned energy was out of whack and that was in no way relating to the trinity discussion, so like it or not they are already looking at energy as a whole, not just trinity.

Just now, Xekrin said:

Yeah they already mentioned energy was out of whack and that was in no way relating to the trinity discussion, so like it or not they are already looking at energy as a whole, not just trinity.

Thats a good my dude, the only problem is if they only look at trinity and nothing else

1 minute ago, Xekrin said:

there it is, we can all go home /thread

16 minutes ago, Viyrew said:

Has anyone who played any remotely high level content (level 300+ mobs) tried playing it without the use of warframe powers? Belenus 100 waves? Hieracon 6k Cyro? It's impossible. You know why? Because every little thing one shots you at that level. If you think nerfing one of the only few frames that can stand up against such BS scaling is correct then you're hilariously wrong.

To be fair, going level 300+ is pointless as its only for bragging rights. (or a event causes enemies to stack up that high but that's the only exception) You should probably just leave the mission and get your rewards, Literally no point to keep going besides being able to say "I was fighting X at level #".

alright fair enough. its easier to accept something coming from some one who has shown a willingness to be open to debate instead of nothing but one sided.

Don't get me wrong, If they reworked scaling, balance and economy of enemies, damage, energy etc i would be all for balancing frames such as this. But it's not, no where even close, so i don't want to make a non-issue a forefront of discussion which would take away from resources from something else.

Just now, AbyssalCrow said:

To be fair, going level 300+ is pointless as its only for bragging rights. (or a event causes enemies to stack up that high but that's the only exception) You should probably just leave the mission and get your rewards, Literally no point to keep going besides being able to say "I was fighting X at level #".

some people like that my dude, so you sometimes gotta let people enjoy the game yknow'

1 minute ago, _A_Illuminati_A_ said:

Thats a good my dude, the only problem is if they only look at trinity and nothing else

It is very good, it means they may even have to touch trinity's 2nd ability, just revamping energy system might be enough.  I would still prefer they give her a new 1st ability though.

an arbitrarily set goal in an endless mission is the end game of warframe is the irrifutable fact of everything. good to know.

No, the 

4 minutes ago, NotSoPure said:

if you need Trinity for ANYTHING in the star chart including sorties you're doing it wrong. Simply put.

part is fact. Any experienced player knows this. All trinity is useful now is so you don't have to use pizzas. She doesn't have any CC nor dmg capabilities. She's a pure healer and energy supplier while being able to take a bit of hits (which also falls off sooner or later) and that's about it. But like i said, some people want to get her simply removed. Because making her EV useless, which is the only last thing that keeps her at bay, will put the frame to bottom tier.

And about that "endgame" thing which many people see as playing for longer than just the first Rotation C, trinity simply gets redundant due to many other energy gain methods available and due to blessing not scaling with the enemy levels.

I Honestly think anyone who wants something nerfed needs there computer and posting privleges nerfed because we have already had enough nerfs for the forsiable future how about those wanting nerfs quit going to venus and low lvl missions and use the frame in end game missions like sortires where she gets wrecked trin is almost useless in most missions except raids she is already squishy so no nerf needed

besides instead of requesting nerfs how about everyone just sit back and enjoy the game enough with nerfs already either enjoy the game or quit playing its that simple thank you

Edited by (PS4)ChiefsFury1984

3 minutes ago, AbyssalCrow said:

I wouldn't say entirely pointless, I'm in a competitive leaderboard clan and for something like the pacifist defect event, each member of our clan scoring high points were crucial for that tier for free ignis wraith + catalyst on reaching it.

Edited by Viyrew

We're not gonna see changes in ages for our favorite medic, but when it arrives I expect to see:

1. Well of Life actually worth a damn.
  2. Energy Vampire less of a chore, but requires more reasonable effort for high energy gains.
  3. Link providing functionality in the absence of enemies in proximity.
  4. Blessing becoming less of something you keep active for the DR at all times and press again to heal, into something more tactical.
Edited by PsiWarp

Just now, Xekrin said:

It is very good, it means they may even have to touch trinity's 2nd ability, just revamping energy system might be enough.  I would still prefer they give her a new 1st ability though.

my dude If they gave her a much better #1 and #3 everyone would get happier instantly

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

No, the 

part is fact. Any experienced player knows this. All trinity is useful now is so you don't have to use pizzas. She doesn't have any CC nor dmg capabilities. She's a pure healer and energy supplier while being able to take a bit of hits (which also falls off sooner or later) and that's about it. But like i said, some people want to get her simply removed. Because making her EV useless, which is the only last thing that keeps her at bay, will put the frame to bottom tier.

And about that "endgame" thing which many people see as playing for longer than just the first Rotation C, trinity simply gets redundant due to many other energy gain methods available and due to blessing not scaling with the enemy levels.

this just in. 95% damage reduction for 30 seconds DOES NOT SCALE

Just now, PsiWarp said:

We're not gonna see changes in ages for our favorite medic, but when it arrives I expect to see:

1. Well of Life actually worth a damn.
  2. Energy Vampire less of a chore, requires more effort for high energy gains.
  3. Link providing functionality in the absence of enemies in proximity.
  4. Blessing becoming less of something you keep active for the DR at all times and press again to heal, into something more tactical.

a rework of the frame helps a good my dude :)

2 minutes ago, _A_Illuminati_A_ said:

some people like that my dude, so you sometimes gotta let people enjoy the game yknow'

Not saying they can't just saying it how it is. I Personally can enjoy a challenge but when everything requires 2 trillion shots or some other weird thing (See Covert Lethality) to kill and they can 1 shot you it starts to get less fun for me.

4 minutes ago, AbyssalCrow said:

Longer you stay the more credits, Endo and resources you're going to get and if you don't go 300+ then you're not really getting a challenge but just playing the every day Warframe. I go usually 6 hours+ as I love Endurance runs it's really the only challenge we have in Warframe right now, till maybe the new content coming.

Edited by iMalicious

4 minutes ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

this just in. 95% damage reduction for 30 seconds DOES NOT SCALE

I don't know if you been playing this game recently at all but bless has been nerfed to have a cap of 75% DR.

Edited by Viyrew

1 minute ago, --Shadow-Stalker-- said:

and you have to do that with a crapton of other abilities so why does that have anything to do with anything?

You started with "she needs nothing to charge you energy". She needs mobs, needs time to cast, needs to stay while casting, she needs to have a proper build and sacrifice duration to be a good EV Trinity. If she has no duration than she's easy to kill, because she has no dmg reduction abilities anymore. If she has duration than she needs good weapons to kill EV-targets fast (and that's the way i play her).