Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slots

sambarpowder

The expected norm for F2P games is that all the content in the game is available, and that it can be purchased immediately or obtained through a contrived "grind". While Warframe has for the most part ignored traditional F2P methods and gone for something rather different, this point is one that doesn't really help.

Slots act as a cap on the amount of content a free player has access to. I have two frames that I like very much, and I cannot sell either because I spent time and effort on them.

That cuts off a huge portion of gameplay, and now that I have all the weapons I want at the levels I want them at, I no longer want to play, because I've nothing to play for. I've hit a wall. The same can be said for catalysts and reactors, but at this point if they aren't being looked into I'd simply give up and stop.

This is my opinion on the problem as I see it, and here is a solution. I read this somewhere else and I think it's a great idea.

Ranking up should unlock slots with each alternate rank. At rank two, four, six and eight each I should gain one frame slot and two weapon slots. It's that simple.

This is what i think is ideal. I'd appreciate your thoughts on why this would or wouldn't work.

Take it this way - you get enough platinum at the beginning to get enough slots for yourself without issues. On top of that slots don't actually remove content from you, they merely act as a soft cap on how much content you can have at once.

It's very similar to most F2p mmo's which allow nonpaying users only access to 1 or 2 character slots for instance.

As to catalysts and reactors - again you can actually get them inside of the game without a huge lot of issue. Then don't forget one more thing - those soft caps act as incentives to buy platinum.

Some users just grind to a level and then stop playing. Since they can't part with their precious warframes. Others can't part with them either, so they instead go and buy platinum for slots.

Edited by jnka

Warframes are not like characters, they are more akin to suits of armor. Gear. If I can only level up two frames, then sell one to get another new frame, then that's a cap on how much I can have.

You say some users grind to a level and quit, but my point was that that level is ridiculously low, as in a week and a half kinda low. That's how long it took for me to stop playing the game and start lurking on the forums checking for alerts.

Also, the platinum you start with shouldn't be the only way around this, if it is then we should just get four frame slots from the start. I spent mine on pro upgrades before they were changed to be available through alerts, so yeah.

Edited by Crossflip