Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Operator Concept] Ostron Outfits (+ Accessories)

MissMarifire

After a long time taking into consideration the actual outfits and fashion that the Ostron wear, I'll be going through and redesigning the current outfits to be more in-line with Ostron fashion. I've had some actual ideas for Ostron-esque clothing, as well as even throwing around the idea of a Hok's Anvil esque system for Operator Clothing to introduce a new meta to fashionframing.

Taking from the post on fashion-frame:

i'll get to drawing actual artwork for them eventually. give me time, ive been busy.

The concept introduces two new characters: Chik-Sal, Nakak's snarky little sister, and Grandma Kronsh, their loving and slightly senile grandma.

Chik-Sal runs Chik-Sal's Clothing. Players can either:

• Buy blueprints for Ostron-themed outfit parts.
  • Buy blueprints for Ostron-themed clothing parts from her and create outfit parts, similar to how Zaws are.

Here's a little further explanation on clothing creation:

Spoiler

As you know, the current system for Operator suits works like this:

tumblr_inline_oz9uoh6cqL1r4rycp_500.png
Custom Tailoring breaks this down even further, dependent upon each part:

HOOD:

tumblr_inline_oz9wq52Os81r4rycp_500.png
“Hood” would be a rather loosely-used term here. The Ostron typically wear a lot of hats, so players would have a lot of different choices for hats. They have a “headwear” and a “collar” part; Unlike Zaws, however, players have the option to not have a collar at all. Putting the “hood” down removes the hat.

TORSO:

tumblr_inline_oz9zli5FkB1r4rycp_500.png
Torso pieces are divided into three parts: the Shoulder (the bit that connects to the arms n hood), the midpiece (middle bit) and the bottoms.

ARMS:

tumblr_inline_oza1l4igXQ1r4rycp_500.png

Arm pieces are divided into two parts: bicep and forearm.

LEGGINGS:

tumblr_inline_oza2kdEglD1r4rycp_500.png
Leggings are divided into two sections: Thigh and shoe.

For a bit of lore: These clothes are Ostron fashion… to a degree. As the Ostron are scrappy, practical folk, extraneous details such as scarves and feather collars are made to poke fun at the Tenno. These clothing items come pre-built with an "arcane", the unique links that add very small bonuses, enough to make a difference but won't interfere with Fashionframe too badly.

The major forseeable problem I could see out of this system is that it would cause more of a heavy load on the servers than there already is due to the likes of Zaws and Rivens, due to the customizable nature of these clothing pieces; in that case, Operator Syandanas would likely be a better option as opposed to parts for Operator suits.

Grandma Kronsh, on the other hand, sells hairstyles for players to use on their operators.

tumblr_inline_oza2tiLbOt1r4rycp_500.png

Old vers + previous vers

Spoiler

After seeing the Operator armor sets shown off at TennoCon, I felt extremely inspired to create some outfits that I felt would fit with them. They reminded me a lot of a game that is very near and dear to my heart, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. I know some of them are kinda leaning more towards that than what the Ostron aesthetic kinda is. This is just for fun is all. :)

Please note that these are very quick sketches, and I plan upon refining them soon. I just wanted to get the idea out there. I'll have more outfits eventually, too.

From left to right, they are:

8geKtK1.png

Akrika Outfit: A scavenger's outfit, complete with both pockets and bags to carry food and supplies as well as defense against the vicious wildlife of Eidolon.

Coleo Outfit: Worn by Ostron mercenaries typically hired to defend travelling caravans, it provides the wearer with safety in style.

Royata Outfit: An alternative garb worn by Ostron nobles, these fashionable robes are deceptively protective, with weapons and armor hidden underneath the cloak to surprise unsuspecting attackers.

Magii Outfit: Adorned in cloth held down by gilded rings, this ornamental Ostron raiment is flaunted by the wealthy.

Spoiler

jFgl6rd.png

jFYVJeh.png

gOP9bYn.png

Edited by MissMarifire

Interdasting, is that middle one based on the Earth Colonies' garb and the one on the far left based on the jester's? The right one almost makes me think of a Grineer "pureborn" courtior's garb, hideing her corpulence and disfiguring augments neath her drab but noble raiments, one that looks even better adorning the young but budding form of a Tenno.

13 minutes ago, MissMarifire said:

More progress! (Almost) 3/6 better outfit sketches done.
jFYVJeh.png

6 hours ago, Unus said:

Interdasting, is that middle one based on the Earth Colonies' garb and the one on the far left based on the jester's? The right one almost makes me think of a Grineer "pureborn" courtior's garb, hideing her corpulence and disfiguring augments neath her drab but noble raiments, one that looks even better adorning the young but budding form of a Tenno.

They're all based on the clothing that the Ostron wear, as well as the clothing of other games. The left one is a merchant/scavenger type of garb, while the middle one is just general armor and the right one is a mage-type of outfit adorned by Tenno who don't wish to use guns (There's armor underneath the robe, albeit its a bit hard to see). Neat ideas, though, Unus.

5 hours ago, Sziklamester said:

Looks cool!

Thank you.

I haven't followed Tennocon 2017 in detail (I know the stream is up), and have only watched the important parts (POE, Umbra, and [DE]Rebecca adorably overjoyed at that proposal), but these concept outfits look lovely, my friend.

On 7/11/2017 at 6:54 PM, Navarchus said:

Have you considered any fitting names for the different sets?

Not at the moment, I'm afraid.

17 hours ago, Noabettiet said:

They look astonishing, hopefully they let us make tenno fashion as tenno gen.

i mean, it makes kinda sense. (lore wise)

While it would be nice, I don't know when DE's planning Operator TennoGen, and if so it'll be likely that the most we can do is reskins of the current outfits. I ain't DE though, so I can't say for sure. I only know that they allow reskins for the Warframe bodies but not the helmets.

14 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

I haven't followed Tennocon 2017 in detail (I know the stream is up), and have only watched the important parts (POE, Umbra, and [DE]Rebecca adorably overjoyed at that proposal), but these concept outfits look lovely, my friend.

13 hours ago, LOD07 said:

definetly a awesome idea

12 hours ago, Fearlessmutt said:

Fantastic work.

Thank y'all.

First three have been colored.

4f6qsr3.png

Edited by MissMarifire

5 hours ago, MissMarifire said:

Not at the moment, I'm afraid.

While it would be nice, I don't know when DE's planning Operator TennoGen, and if so it'll be likely that the most we can do is reskins of the current outfits. I ain't DE though, so I can't say for sure. I only know that they allow reskins for the Warframe bodies but not the helmets.

Thank y'all.

First three have been colored.

4f6qsr3.png

With those pretty pretty coloring skills of yours now applied, I'm now seeing some manner of fancified or perhaps even simply "outdated" terms for "Merchant", "Worker", and "Nomad" as being accurate pasted labels. Perhaps. . . uh. . . "Hawker", "Expeditionist", and. . . . uh. . . um. . . uh. . ."Wayfarer" perhaps? Just my two wooden nickels madam.

Taking a break from writing a very painful fanfiction involving Tyl Regor and a founder friend of yours. So far, I've managed to make a handful of people see red whenever the name "Jerry" is mentioned.

Regardless, I took another look at the gameplay demo for Plains of Eidolon to get a feel for Ostron naming conventions. I've found Hok's Anvil to be most useful:

Strike:
Balla
Ooltha
Mewan
Cyath
Dehtat
Kronsh

Grip:
Peye
Laka
Kwath
Seekalla
Jayap
Kroostra

Link:
Nool
Vargeet
Ruhang
Jai
Ekwana
Zwallo

and the one fish that they caught: Goopolla.

And, as such, here's some names and descriptions:

Akrika Outfit: A scavenger's outfit, complete with both pockets and bags to carry food and supplies as well as defense against the vicious wildlife of Eidolon.

Coleo Outfit: Worn by Ostron mercenaries typically hired to defend travelling caravans, it provides the wearer with safety in style.

Royata Outfit: An alternative garb worn by Ostron nobles, these fashionable robes are deceptively protective, with weapons and armor hidden underneath the cloak to surprise unsuspecting attackers.

Edited by MissMarifire

Good news and bad news.

Bad news is that CLIP decided to explode and I lost my progress.

Good news is that the revised version that I've been working on so far look better than the original. Nowhere near finished, but I will be with time.

jFgl6rd.png

Edited by MissMarifire

Going to try and attempt to finish the last three today. However, I'm considering scrapping the last two or putting them on hold in favor of doing some accessories.

TBXmuv3.png

Magii Outfit: Adorned in cloth held down by gilded rings, this ornamental Ostron raiment is flaunted by the wealthy.

Edited by MissMarifire

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...