Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

Hi,as many have seen they will add (Hope this year) a new type of map. An open world where You can farm and walk around shooting enemies.

A question is rising in my head,hiw will this map affect the current planets . I mean,would not we all play the new shiny stuff? 

I would like to see a open map for every existing planet,just so we can farm let's say oxium in a open map on Europa ).

What do you think about this?

Edited by JohnCarraway
Spelling

It was amazing. Everything in Plains of Eidelon looks amazing, Hydroid Prime is awesome, I'm very happy for that, Glass Frame looks great, and The Sacrifice will be an interesting quest. Hopefully it's another dark quest.

Thank you DE. You really outdid yourselves this time.

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36

I would see how the one they are wanting to add on Earth (I believe they said it was on Earth?) works before expanding it.

Would be cool to see open world area's themed on each planet's tileset but one step at a time.

What I'm wondering is how jarring it'll feel going from that open world area back to the small, confined spaces on outposts. Talking about the Corpus/Grineer/Orokin planetary tilesets.

Makes me wonder if those tiles could potentially be implemented in an open world area version of the same location.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

So watching tenno con live I became so damn hyped for this coming update. However. I can't overlook the fact that I have to express one particular concern I have. Performance. While I do not want DE to roll back what they are showing at Tenno con for the sake of the players with high-end PCs. Rather I would love to see some more graphical related options in the settings tied to foliage (leaves, grass, bushes etc). The reason I say this is because I have heard from a few people in my clan are having issues with the updated earth tile set in the performance department. And let's face it. If they struggle on the earth tileset I pray for their sake on the open world tileset showed at Tenno con Giving the option to tone down the foliage would a-tune to even the Tenno with lower end PC's just like they did with us for the God ray's when the war within came out. I hope DE reply and/or consider implementing such settings options for us lower end PC players to this thread seeing as this is a huge concern and I would love to support the devs on this update.

I do not know if this has been stated anywhere but even so I would like to start a discussion on the topic.

What should the group size be for open worlds? We've gotten used to the 4 man squads throughout our whole time playing with raids being the only exception. However the usual maps consist of repeatable segments and hallways ranging from a few dozen of meters up to few hundred meters. Having an open world with more than 3 square km to explore surely has enough content to have more than a dozen battles going on at once which in turn begs the question. Is 4 man squad too limited for the new landscape?

Discuss.

3 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

What I'm wondering is how jarring it'll feel going from that open world area back to the small, confined spaces on outposts.

Well,thats the thing. It is going to be a hard thing to make people go back to the claustrophobic rooms ).

But,guess they are doing it with the planet reworks. As the Ceres,Earth was done.

I'm very excited about this reveal, I came from MMOs a few years ago to play Warframe and I really missed the open world maps. (I can't wait to run and do huge jump with speedy volt on those fields)
Warframe grew so large that an average player does not have a voice in this game anymore, unless maybe if someone is a design council member.
Probably many other players were recommending the idea of large terrain maps, several missions in one area, moving around by archwing and have boss fight at certain times or tied to certain criteria (Sentient boss at night).

mqvRujH.jpg

What do you guys think about this new direction DE is taking ?

I wish they'd have started this earlier, I'm more interested in getting new environments and new difficult challenges instead of (the nowdays usual) warframes, weapons and skins additions.

They need to make it run on the old PS4 at 60fps so I wouldn't worry about that. We've been seeing the engine upgrades at work, Earth remastered performs really well on my PC which has only 4GB RAM. Warframe runs significantly better in 32bit mode compared to 64 bit. I'm playing on close to max settings. The game now runs about as good as it did before the graphical upgrades, even the ones that came with Sands of Inaros. Pretty much everything in the graphics can be turned to low or off. God rays too. DE is good on that front. 

I have the same really scary thougths. Warframe (for me) was always a moderately good looking game, that was running on my not soo good PC. I think, in a way it was branded by the gaming community as a good game with okay-ish grapics for all kind of PC (low-mid-high end). I hope that with this (very awesome) new content they can make the game still accessible for people with potatoes. 

Yep, this the thing I'm wondering too - how will this fit in with the other tilesets. 

The tech they showed is interesting, it streams the content while you're in between the two doors. That's the loading screen. So they already have tech for loading separate missions simultaneously and they can rectroactively make the old tilesets work in a similar way. 

I don't mind the claustrophobic nature of the maps, and it won't be a problem to go from the cramped vertical maps to the open world flat maps. But once these Plains are released, the old way of picking missions is dead. I hope DE plans for this accordingly. No more going to navigation, picking a rescue mission, finishing it in 50 seconds and back at the ship to pick it again. 

PS: Earth runs fine. Turn down some graphics options and for gods sake, if you have only 4GB RAM, run the game in 32 bit mode.