The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

Just now, (PS4)NicolaiBM said:

WoF Ember and Main Equinox have a great range on their abilities and will still be able to be a huge problem for players looking just to play around with guns and explore, They will still be able to make it extremely trivial and will still be able to make it really boring for their team. And that range you're talking about, the movement speed of warframes mean you can close that gab really quickly and destroy those 5-10 enemies and the guy getting trolled have nothing really to be able to do.

Yes, but only during daytime when low-mid enemies are around, which are probably not of interest of WoF/Maim users except maybe for trolling other players, but at night, they just won't be viable at all.

Just now, Extroah said:

Yes, but only during daytime when low-mid enemies are around, which are probably not of interest of WoF/Maim users except maybe for trolling other players, but at night, they just won't be viable at all.

That is still 50% of the time spent at the open world map getting trolled by some punk who don't understand teamwork. And yes, there will be players only interested in kill stealing or trolling or what ever you prefere to call it, and a lot of them.

1 minute ago, (PS4)NicolaiBM said:

That is still 50% of the time spent at the open world map getting trolled by some punk who don't understand teamwork. And yes, there will be players only interested in kill stealing or trolling or what ever you prefere to call it, and a lot of them.

Yeah that will probably be a bit of a problem for public matches now that i think of it, but nothing we can change without a skill rework, which in return would set the Forums on fire (no pun intended but here it is)

Just now, Extroah said:

Yeah that will probably be a bit of a problem for public matches now that i think of it, but nothing we can change without a skill rework, which in return would set the Forums on fire (no pun intended but here it is)

There is a lot there can be done to change that, for example nerfing WoF to only being a utility ability and not an actual damage dealing ability, although I genereally don't support any kind of nerfing, I still don't believe the abilities is what's supposed to be deadly, at least not without a charge rate or a cooldown. Imagine a soundquake, world on fire, maim, frosts avalanche I believe it's called (don't play frost) etc would have to get a charged energy pool so it's no longer a spamable ability that kills everything below level 50. That's one solution to go for and it would benefit public matchmaking aswell as the open world. It's just a matter of being creative and embrasing changes instead of being stuck in the mindset of just having to put up with that kind of play. I love warframe and I would love to see it get better and better, but I'm getting disappointed with each new update, to me it seems they're just adding stuff, adding bugs and fixing half of them, the only reason stealth gas got fixed, was because of naramon. That's just not good enough.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)NicolaiBM said:

There is a lot there can be done to change that, for example nerfing WoF to only being a utility ability and not an actual damage dealing ability, although I genereally don't support any kind of nerfing, I still don't believe the abilities is what's supposed to be deadly, at least not without a charge rate or a cooldown. Imagine a soundquake, world on fire, maim, frosts avalanche I believe it's called (don't play frost) etc would have to get a charged energy pool so it's no longer a spamable ability that kills everything below level 50. That's one solution to go for and it would benefit public matchmaking aswell as the open world. It's just a matter of being creative and embrasing changes instead of being stuck in the mindset of just having to put up with that kind of play. I love warframe and I would love to see it get better and better, but I'm getting disappointed with each new update, to me it seems they're just adding stuff, adding bugs and fixing half of them, the only reason stealth gas got fixed, was because of naramon. That's just not good enough.

I do agree, but as i said, any changes would set the Forums on fire for at least a week (they dont seem to be able to be upset for a longer period of time). They could even make it an Ability similar to Radial Javelin, which is a 1 time Attack, rather than an On/Off toggle Aura kind of thing. Frost is fine, i think. Yeah, Avalanche is quite good, but he's a defensive Frame and needs at least 1 Attack Ability so he's not completely helpless imho.

To be honest I don't see a big problem of the whole open world thing, if the information is correct and only 4 player squads can do a mission "outside" and exploring then go with people you know or find people wanting to do that. You will always find someone trying to troll or just with a childish mentality of trying to proof he is the best because he did more kills or more damage or whatever. As always the problem are not the abilities of the Frames, it is a player thing and how they play as a team/squad. If you go on public missions you have to know there is always that risk.

Like every new addition this one also can add some pain and problems to the table vut they can fix these issues if once they release it and let us explore these parts. I have some more in mind what can be dissapointing.

First of all it is a similar update like have in any newly created action rpg. There are fishing, crafting, bounding gems, (maybe housing), auction house, and all in a partly open world. It will be limited I guess and only in few parts will be open that so the exploration is much similar in first sight like the mars, earth tileset. You can go almost anywere but you finally on top meet with invisible walls and that just annoying. Because Mars and Earth looks cool and these maps need more open areas and option to explore the whole map. Almost the same goes to all except the gas giants because those are mostly a floating fortress colonies and never met with "surface".

Solid planets should have be let us explore them and go anywhere we want but currently there is no "work" on those areas so we should wait till they will make all planets are a partly open world areas.

The crafting itself problematic, because it makes new questions. If some of you long time player then you can remember long long ago we are discussed on forums a lot about weapon crafting abilities and everyone who liked the idea are left the game because the response was it could be too unbalanced. This crafting system itself shiny, looks cool and it is the similar system which are in the wow item crafting (new addition too) and in the upcoming Bannerlord. In bannerlord that could be balanced because there is melee mostly and bows - xbows only and nothing too op items which could kill you with one hit. In warframe probably these items won't be so strong because DE likes the balance and sometimes ruining whole stuffs to be balanced but with that they just make weapons unfair to each other. These melees looks balanced but the question is why I should make weapons if they add new ones with every update? or why the DEvs need to make new ones when we finally can make by ourself.

Also the question is coming, if there are melee weapons then when they will make secondary and primary crafting. Both are legit question and add another problem to the table, because then A, they need to make these weapons lower grade than the currently op arsenal or B, they will make these weapons viable or pretty good but then nobody wish to use the old weaponry because everybody wish to make their own items and personalise them. 

For example in wow the unique player created items are sucks compared the random item drops and you can find in any raid legendary and myrhic items then your own creation won't be able to race with the op stuffs so the point to make items is just for fun then or no real reasonable.

The fishing seems a fun service because any other games have this feature and maybe at DE they knew something about the Anthem and Destiny2 so they finally improving their game to that level, where can compete with these paid games. Competition is good, because it force you to do something but it can be bad aswell and it has a lot of flaws.

Another question is, what will be the new material, because every new item in game almost came with new materials to farm and this place looks cool and I suppose there will be new materials which needs for our new crafting system.

Abilities can work well on open and closed world maps but some will be better than other. Currently the WoF embers on low level ruining the fun for the newcomers because they don't have ember and before they can kill the embers are finished the whole mission.

Currently there the 1/3 of frames can be annoyance and fun destroyer and the balance is hard because their nature needs to be in a role. Removing or nerfing damaging abilities is pointless because their primary job to deal damage only they can add back cooldowns to moderate the ability spam and the jam feature to the weapons, but then many peoples may rage because of it. 

Skill based gameplay needs a different setup and this game is anything but not a skill based. The skill is subjective and could mean a lot depending on where you use it and how to do. We can call maybe skill the routines and the mission type familiarization and parkour skills improvements because  a good parkouring skill sometimes can help you to survive. For killing no need so much skill because you can spam your abilities or kill with your guns and melees. Skill based games works also differently and you need to do a lot of combinations to kill a single enemy but then the whole point of warframe is a mess. This is a horde shooter game and the reason you and me playing this is the fun when you killing thousands of ugly enemies and decimating whole systems. The game could be harder only if they improve the AI but there is a little chance to this happens because in an open world addition the mobs should work a bit differently. 

All in all everything have flaws and weakpoints but there are potentials too. We will see when it's drop after we can duscuss this much better.

As you both point out, the community would rage, but the other half of the community is sick and tired of the scrublords running around ruining the fun and trying so hard to be the top damage dealer, on a level where even mk1-paris or machete is a viable weapon. Let the rage, cry and sorry for the expression, but grow a set and balance it all out. What's the point of weapons when you have an Ember? Or a banshee? Or Equinox?

It's abilities like those all destruktive ones that needs balancing, it's not okay to be able to just turn on an ability then basically wait 30 minutes and head to extraction. Hell if that was okay, then why fix limbo or stealth gas in the first place?

i doubt that maimquinox, ember or banshee will reach 3KM of range.

also. if you have problems with it. just run solo. 

btw. on the player limit matter. it takes more processing power with each tenno in a squad. so if they wanted to make the plains like a relay. that would mean they'd need dedicated servers... which would be a problem unless player hosted eidolon servers become a thing.

the reason why this will become a problem is because of the size of the playerbase. lets say that at any given moment. 1% of playerbase is online and COULD be playing on eidolon servers. that means 250K people. which means 500 servers already. note that one such server would cost over $1500. so thats $750.000 JUST to have those servers. which is ridiculous for a F2P game.

and yes. i am expecting at least 1% of the playerbase to be running eidolon at any given time. because its that awesome

5 hours ago, BadgerBoy297 said:

One thing I'm concerned about though is the Operator armor. If I'm just gonna be wearing my armor 24/7 now, what did I spend $50 (American) to get a prime operator suit? is my investment just gonna be wasted? Will this suit get it's own special properties? Will I get any sort of compensation if it does just end up being completely useless?

I highly doubt the Armor that will be introduced with the Plains of Eidolon is going to be "better" than the Saita Prime Operator Suit. I really don't think it'll be anything other than looks, and the buffs that Operators will get will be Focus School related and not binded to cosmetics. If it does actually turn out that they offer different stats for an Operator, you won't be compensated for that which you willingly felt like paying for, just because there's something better now.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

I highly doubt it will be as open as an MMO. Servers struggle enough in relays when Barro comes along!

The impressions I got were similar to the original GuildWars: you got your central hub and exit to 'world'. As you open the door to exit, and pass through, only you and your party will exist in the world. There won't be camping spots, waiting for spawns and such.

Think of the warframe you know, without corridors with a raid size party. However more than that.. you have potential to slow down and explore with a small group. Instead of dashing to the end to get rewards, ignoring all detail and enjoyment :-P

I ask myself , is it really confirmed that this will be Open World ? Like anyone partícipates on the same stuff at the same time together ?
Ive just read "Open World" like "not limited to a spaceship" so the mission design will be exactly the same as before but under a clear blue sky.
I mean, yes weve seen them doing it with at least 2 Persons at the same time so the Planet MIGHT be a Hub, but goin outside doesnt mean that its not instanced. I even read "Seamless transitions" in a couple of DE´s posts.
Imho i dont care if its one or the other, im just hyped that this game has come so far and i still goin with loads of changes and new stuff to discover !

On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 6:16 PM, DonGheddo said:

This TennoLive had the best reveals u ever did.... as a guy who hasn't really played since long time... been remember since 2014.... this made me want to play the damn game again.

Meh, it's basically stealing from Monster Hunter wholesale.

Going out into the world, collect mats to make custom armor and weapons.

At least here in Warframe we probably won't be working again a clock or a stamina bar.

Likely along the same lines are one of Warcrafts map areas.    Open yet limited at the some time with borders blocking players from past certain boundaries.   Set area's for drops, items, enemies etc, not a specific location per say, but more of a sector they can appear in on the map.    If successful, hopefully, opening up into larger more developed maps.    As long as I can solo it, I will.   I want to see everything and explore it all, not to mention run it in different frames and styles to see how they do.  Without other players mucking it up for me for whatever reason.   If in an open pub match, if I see an annoying player, ill leave and join another game or harass them till they do depending on mood and which frame I am in and what they are doing. 

14 minutes ago, (PS4)WhiteGlas said:

For those concerned, Steve said it runs on a laptop fine. I'm not sure what caliber of laptop is, I'm no expert.

That laptop has an i7 processor at 2.6 ghz, 8 gb ram, 1tb available disk space with a 256 gb SSD, gtx 970m gpu and costs around 1000€ So pretty high end.

Edited by Nickishero