The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

Just trying to picture in my head how big this will actually be. How big is the map size of that area compared to games like say...GTA 5? Skyrim? Even Zelda BOTW? I know it won't be anywhere near as big as those huge games, but like...1/3rd the size? 1/14th? 

If I remember right, Steve said the map was 3km² (considering warframes are around 2m tall).
Skyrim map is around 37km², so in term of surface, Skyrim map is 152 times bigger.

But honestly, I dont think 37km² of mountains in really better than 3km of mountain if enemis spawn and other random things are managed well.

43 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Personally, once Plains of Eidolon gets released, I'm probably going to role play for like 5 hours straight. Just imagine the possibilities.

I don't know about you, but I for my part already made some plans, such as:

-Bomb some Grineer Base with my Elytron while pretending to be someones air support. Would work best if I actually had some friends down there.

-Get my Mesa or Nyx Prime w/ white Graxx skin and go sniping.

-Build myself a nice scythe or sword. After all they showed that we will be able to create our own blades and name them.

-Once that new Frame releases (the one that looks like a knight), I'm gonna color that one Black with 2 swords and go full Sword Art Online/Gun Gale Online.

-Take a slow walk across some town. It ain't roleplaying if you're never casually walking around a town.

-Since we could see some enemies from Archwing mode, I hope I will be able to do some dogfighting.

-Mod my Nyx with the Assimilate augment and walk around a base like some kind of Terminator.

Trash. That.  MUTHAF@€|<IN'. SENTIENT.  KAIJU!!!!

WHO IS WITH ME??!!!!!  We shall not succumb beneath the Shadow of that Sentient Colossus!

...And see if fish heads count as Regalia.

My zoom, CRIT chance, negative Recoil Vectis Riven...oh YESSS.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Dunno if the game will allow me to do it, but I would really like to climb up the tower we go through to reach the plains, face the plains and just sit there admiring the view with a sniper. A vantage point overlooking the fields. Maybe I can observe the Eidolon roaming around eh?

Wouldn't want to fight it though. Why harm something that isn'tb trying to harm me?

Edited by Noioiy

So what are your plans for PoE?

- to explorer and become warframe master then catch em all as much as possible.

- endgame is go fishing chance finding rare fish you'll never seen before ( maybe)

- maybe fashion if it were obtainable like any mmo ( quest that gives cosmetic stuff like in blade and soul ) ( fight the boss or something to gain more gear like in WoW  10man raid or 25man raid or vanilla WoW had 40man raid )

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Myscho said:

Yeah, Cetus will be filled over the top with players, but hopefully Landscape will be playable solo, i dont want someone to troll there

Cetus will act like a relay with a cap of 50 players per server/channel.  The plains themselves you can run solo or with a squad of up to 4.  Since its new and they wanna see how things go, and if all goes well Steve said they may expand squad sizes later on.  

18 hours ago, Jeoxz said:

PSA if you are worried about this killing your PC Steve said it was 3 square km, that's about a fifth of Skyrim's surface map. 

That's it, good luck, I'm hyped.

*Disk scratching noise*

Ok. This is gonna sound cringy af but let's go. This update has us all hyped. Before you listen to your epic music while thinking of the one moment that cannot come soon enough when we get to load up Warframe and experience this new update hear me out. If DE puts out a release date and it gets DElayed let's not push and pressure them into splitting it up and rushing it because then it will be lackluster and buggy and all that. So let's support and encourage them. No rush devs, we're all hyped.

If I can make a recommendation for epic music, either the Second Dream music or the music that plays through the fight between Blade and Nomak in Blade II. I don't know whether the music is in the original scene or the YT vid that I've seen. Check out tony jaa's video of it. He enhances the sound effects in fight scenes to make them sound more brutal. Go to Blade II fight scenes and it will be at the bottom of the playlist.

- try out sniping at actual sniping ranges to see if they can actually handle sniping grineer from a mile out.

- head to the Bazaar and buy some cheap rugs and other cosmetics for the ship.

- head to Hok's Anvil and craft myself the weirdest looking weapon possible, before giving it an edgy name like "black Vengeance" or something. (there'll be plenty out there with these kind of names)

- test out new weapon on Grineer as I redecorate each outpost with their blood

- try spearfishing, then realise I should have practiced throwing Spearguns more often.

- do whatever side quests the peasants friendly new NPC's offer me

- wait for night to fall so that me and everybody else on the map can unite against that dirty great Sentient beastie and make him go to sleep.. with bullets!

- grab Volt or Nezha and race other Volt/Nezha users from one end of the map to the other.

- wonder why I was ever against Warframe going open-world!

I'm going straight to the create a weapon and make something with a fabulously knee weakening name. Then I'm going to get Hydroid Prime to make it moist. Then I'll enter Skyrim with him and his new shiny.

Edited by Wolfdoggie

My plan is to avoid it at all costs for at least 2 months. Hell, I might avoid the game altogether. Knowing the capabilities of their developers and how buggy the game is... I fully expect the first few weeks of it to be hell for people anxious to play it. A lot of them will just toughen it up but I really don't want to be online for the plethora of hot fixes that will rain on us during those days.

The chances of it being a disappointment after setting hype really high up there are massive. I'll just continue to skeptically look at it and borderline hate it so that I don't crash so hard from that hype high most people are on right now.

The Sentients we fight on Lua are all fragments of Hunhow, and I just think it'd be interesting if the various Sentients we'll be fighting on the Plains had a different appearances and abilities to show they're fragments of a different progenitor.  Add a little visual pizazz to the faction as a whole.