The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

24 minutes ago, Avynire said:

Probably for fun max P flow and effi ivara to see how many km I can kill an enemy with navigator.

Elytron nuking grineer settlement from 1,5km away.:devil:

Yup, also think Ivara's navigator will be sooooooooo much more useful now than before. Still think its energy usage is too harsh...

What overall lore of frames not being just puppets? Sure the frame has moved a little bit on its own, like during the second dream. But it could easily be chalked up to an act of preservation. Anywho, I doubt a warframe is capable of moving and operating on its own at anywhere near full power or enough for combat.

Edited by maj.death

8 minutes ago, maj.death said:

What overall lore of frames not being just puppets? Sure the frame has moved a little bit on its own, like during the second dream. But it could easily be chalked up to an act of preservation. Anywho, I doubt a warframe is capable of moving and operating on its own at anywhere near full power or enough for combat.

I'd suggest you watch the Valkyr Prime Trailer, it heavily hints that Warframes are more the surrogate bodies for Tenno to control.

I think that warframes have some sort of living orgasm inside of them making them able to control themselves. Also taking the fact that during the second dream it is also uncertain what is happening to our little squishy peoples inside the water covered boxes xD maybe they were literally asleep and dreaming and the warframe were controlling themselves, or maybe they were asleep and some sort of tech was able to make them control there operators while dreaming. But currently I don't think the games lore is at a point of beginning to reveal anything to us about it. (this is just my perspective and should not be taken as fact)

11 hours ago, UmbraCorporation said:

Why Banshee though? Her sonar range is limited, and she's very squishy + her RQ, even with a max range build, won't be able to nuke long-range enemies. Do you have a special build for her?

I do. However I don't care about her abilities usage at super long range, if the enemies are within range, they'll die. As far as "squishy", I have a build I use to facetank level 300s no problem. And as far as RQ, I'm adamantly Anti-RQ, or SQ in general. She'll be good no matter the situation, besides, who's actually worried about random enemies throughout the plains? It's the encounters and bounties you gear up for. :smile:

Edited by DarkDullahan-Prime

I'm going int the plains with my pakal oberon, supra vandal, either:  suda gammacore, tysis, dual viper wraith, spira prime, or twin grakatas for secondary, War for melee, my kavat aerora, the archwing itzal, the archwing shotgun or imperator, and ventux because i can never get all the parts for the centaur.

Valkyr Prime//Oberon for Healing, Inaros for Innate sustain

Nova (slow) / Hydroid / Saryn /  Banshee (Sonar) (look at melee)

For weapons, maybe Soma/Braton/Vectis P / / Ferox/Javlock (i just love this 2 weps)

Pandero/Euphona/Akstiletto for Seconadry

As for melee, I would go with Hirundo , Dark Split-Sword (dual swords stance) / Nikana P / War. 

EDIT: 
For acrhwing , it would be Itzal/Odonata P. The weapons would be the same, Maybe Ogris, to have fun. Since u can use normal weapons on Archwing aswell.

Also for Sentinel i would choose Carrier, becouse i don`t expect u can get as much ammo as u used to in the plains. Tho Ammo Restore Packs are a thing.

Edited by m3stuart
Forgot to say something.

You know you want to, it'll stop all these puerile, insubstantial anti-Operator complaints. It's called warframe, baaawww

Plus it still fits before and after the Big Reveal.

Dreaming players just think the Tenno are the Warframes. Woken players know what we truly are. Lotus calls us Tenno regardless.

I, for one, support none of this "just retcon the whole thing" mentality. Second Dream was great, War Within was intriguing - now I'm looking forward to being the Warrior Without.

Edited by EDYinnit

I do like the idea, but most of the game is spent in a Warframe still. Couple that with brand recognition, console drama around name changing in games, Steam shenanigans and the general stubbornness of people and it's going to be more trouble than it's really worth. 

It'd be alot of trouble and wouldn't even make sense.

Tenno operate the warframes to give themselves GODLY abilities storyline wise - Operator combat is much like other systems in the game. It's OPTIONAL, but it's not going to make Warframes obsolete enough to rebrand the whole game, if they did then there'd be one HELL of a backlash.

Let peoples headcanons be things, does it affect your time playing the game if the person playing prefers the Warframes being alive and independant beings? People complain about ALOT of things, you reacting and making a thread puts you on the same level as those complaints.

Edited by Latiac

4 hours ago, maj.death said:

Warframe aren't coffins and show some sense of awareness. This can be an amazing opportunity to implement a new twist to a game play machanic we are already familiar with. We have focuse system that interlocks at some point and at max this could be a great reward. Even if its self preservation or to protect the operator the warframe can be trained to do this.

4 minutes ago, TheBrsrkr said:

I do like the idea, but most of the game is spent in a Warframe still. Couple that with brand recognition, console drama around name changing in games, Steam shenanigans and the general stubbornness of people and it's going to be more trouble than it's really worth. 

Stepping slightly back from the tongue in cheek tone in which I made the suggestion, you could still retain some of the recognition. Lotus symbol still featured. Maybe a subtitle. "TENNO - Wielder(s) of the Warframe(s)", pluralisation to taste.

1 minute ago, Latiac said:

it's not going to make Warframes obsolete enough to rebrand the whole game

Obsolete? Nobody said anything about obsolete. I didn't say "rebrand the game as Operator(s)". Tenno are Tenno, Warframes just one of the tools we use. Makes about as much sense as naming us after Sentinels, Archwings or your basic base-damage mod of choice for sheer omnipresence.

Like I said, early-game the difference would be essentially invisible anyway.

At first Volt Prime, Vectis Prime, ASP, Galatine Prime, Helios Prime, Odonata Prime. My usual quest frame, and a balanced set of weapons. 

Eventually I'll try all of the other sniper Rifles and Archwings, and some other frames, but eventually settle on Valkyr, and when Helios has done his thing switch to Sahasa Kubrow so I can never run out of ammo no matter what. 

About as much as Gundam, Evangelion, Guyver, Patlabor and every other mech series should be renamed some other generic name for "Pilot" because they're just as much about the pilot as the mechs.

AKA no thanks.

Edited by rapt0rman

I hate when people talk like this, it's called Warframe because the Warframes are and always will be the central game mechanic, and I think soon enough you'll all see them take on a central character role again as well, only this time with narrative meaning. DE didn't change direction or or alter the story, it was always there, just beneath the surface. I tried to tell people for about a year and a half leading up to the second dream what was likely coming as the story itself would start to actually unfold. I mean even this regection of the Tenno as Operator concept is physically accounted for in the game. The stalker rejected his truth and turned to madness, as per the Lotus... The sacrifice should tie the Warframes back in as a central character if I'm correct in my theories (and I've yet to be wrong where Warframe theories are concerned).