The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

44 minutes ago, AperoBeltaTwo said:

You'll explore that S#&$ in a couple of hours of gameplay. It's a small map for AW and warframes and there won't be much there. Just an empty space. A lot of empty space.

They showed that it's not just empty space. They are creating a dynamic environment for the player to interact with

Edited by Iccotak

1 hour ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

Wiith all due respect but that line of thought is killing this game for A LOT of people.

Seriously, just check popular threads that pop every now and then, the most recent being titled 'This game is boring', created by a Grand Master. It has as of the time of this post 176 upvotes.

People are tired of this and move on to actually challenging things with more diversity; I personally moved to Neverwinter for my mmo thirst while Mass Effect Andromeda multiplayer offers the challenging  version of Warframe...

Exactly. We should want more for Warframe them for it to just be Farmville. 

The mindset of the community that only wants to grind for shiny new toys is killing the game. We need to be able to move on and push for a complete product. 

The only thing that sorta concerns/confuses me is what happens to the existing mission system? More in the long term since in the short term I know they aren't just going to wipe them out. 

In the future are they going to totally replace the existing mission/tilesets or will they continue to exist in tandem? Cause I really like the way missions work in the game now and I'm also really excited to see the open world aspects, I want to know that I can have my cake and eat it too :P 

3 minutes ago, ZephyrTheGreat said:

I'm really excited to see how the open world system works but also, how they're going to implement this into the game.. is it going to be a new node..? Any ideas? 

I really hope that they are going to act as a new node on each applicable world and the existing mission system will also remain in place. Cause as excited as I am I'm also kinda scared that the existing mission systems will get outright replaced over time :/

I've been in this game for 3/3,5 years and FINALLY we get to feel free as we're naked towards a mild breeze!

Of course this is a major thing for Warframe, with this realisation

let's exaggerate this update even more as fans

Oh, oh, i go first:

which terrain we should have after the Plains of Eidolon?

I'm thinking of (arguably) the surface of Eris as something like a place where there are survivors of infestation attacks

heheh, maybe even add lephantis-ish yet another biggie on it

(by the way, that wasn't hunhow in the trailer, right? right?)

ooooh, then we could have major planned assaults on Tyl Regor labs underwater! Like, a campaign!

Then we could have inter-derelict wars against stuff like Golem or other factions like Grineer etc. What i mean by inter-derelict; an area -in the derelict section of navigation- where tenno vs tenno/grineer/corpus/orokin/infestation etc. would fight for a prize that can be done, i dunno, monthly?

i'm out

edit: if this topic is in the wrong section, please forgive me 

Edited by Yeselectro

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

The only thing that sorta concerns/confuses me is what happens to the existing mission system? More in the long term since in the short term I know they aren't just going to wipe them out. 

In the future are they going to totally replace the existing mission/tilesets or will they continue to exist in tandem? Cause I really like the way missions work in the game now and I'm also really excited to see the open world aspects, I want to know that I can have my cake and eat it too :P 

they are not going to remove the actual system, there are more cons than pros in doing that, and after the earth rework even less pro, i look at this open world as an endgame map where you are going to play with players that completed all the main quests

Looks awesome, let's see how the final product turns out. Imagine this place filled with Tenno running and flying all over the place, and in the demo nor Rebecca or Meg did have a companion. RIP a lot of PC users and they need to trim it down for the consoles in order to work stable. Good job DE, so looking foreward to try this out and test how improved this game has become. Hyped!!!

34 minutes ago, Iccotak said:

They showed that it's not just empty space. They are creating a dynamic environment for the player to interact with

They showed one camp. One quest npc. And double huge gates. Oh, and some huge ugly-looking thing in a cutscene. That's what they've shown. They've also shown a tedious aw hop-in mechanic and very slow archwings that for some reason didn't use aw weapons (are those obsolete now?). 

It's just hype. You'll get over it.

Edited by AperoBeltaTwo

8 minutes ago, Oreades said:

It would be super cool if over time they just replaced nodes iin general and put the entrance for each "node" in the open world landscape itself.

@AperoBeltaTwo  I'm going to have to ask again;  Why do you stick around? It is clear that you don't really care for the game, you don't seem to have any real confidence in the developers, and you don't really have any hope or thoughts of Warframe becoming a better game. 

You also shown that you don't like that digital extremes is trying to create a AAA product. In fact the only thing I actually think I've been seeing you really do you on the forums is constantly trash on the developers.

There is a difference between offering criticisms and just being plain salty. 

Edited by Iccotak

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

Twitch hates me so I need to be able to watch the damn reveal teaser to know what the living frame you are talking about.

There is a replay on Youtube

1 hour ago, (PS4)ArnnFrost said:

Adding a new planet shouldn't be possible (infact, Pluto shouldn't be here now that it vanished irl) except if its from a different solar system (which DE talked about in old devstreams). 

Earth from a different universe, kinda explains why nobody tried to kill Rebecca in the demo while walking in that hub area xD

You haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about vis a vis Astronomy.  

Pluto was demoted from full planet to dwarf planet due to not meeting the new definition of planet set by the International Astronomers Union in 2006 in response to the discovery of Eris.    Pluto certainly hasn't gone anywhere given that the New Horizons probe literally just had a flyby of the damn place last year.

There are a substantial number of near Ceres sized asteroids in the Asteroid belt; and the Kuiper Belt is only barely known to us.   Planet 9 at the very least is out there so there's at least a whole other neptune sized planet in the solar system, and it's quite possible that there's other large spherical objects in the depths of the extreme outer solar system.   

Edited by Mental_Omega

24 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I thought about this too, and I don't think they added Iron Wake just for that one quest. It's a fully operational Red Veil outpost and I think it's not unreasonable to expect it becoming a relay like the Ostron one - connected to the rest of Earth (as in the current Earth tileset). Instead of having that grineer console to interact with to get out, there will probably be again, double gates with a corridor serving as a loading screen. 

Iron Wake is too big for what it is and I really doubt DE put in all that work for just one quest. But we need the upgraded engine to make it work.

The double gates in the gameplay video are a loading screen. What DE has shown us is much bigger than their ability to stream content. They've shown us the ability to seamlessly transition between different instances, which is huge. 

It's a matter of whether that can be retroactively fitted on the old tilesets, and I hope that's possible. 

1 minute ago, QuietBiro said:

I thought about this too, and I don't think they added Iron Wake just for that one quest. It's a fully operational Red Veil outpost and I think it's not unreasonable to expect it becoming a relay like the Ostron one - connected to the rest of Earth (as in the current Earth tileset). Instead of having that grineer console to interact with to get out, there will probably be again, double gates with a corridor serving as a loading screen. 

Iron Wake is too big for what it is and I really doubt DE put in all that work for just one quest. But we need the upgraded engine to make it work.

The double gates in the gameplay video are a loading screen. What DE has shown us is much bigger than their ability to stream content. They've shown us the ability to seamlessly transition between different instances, which is huge. 

It's a matter of whether that can be retroactively fitted on the old tilesets, and I hope that's possible. 

Iron Wake is more of a Steel meridian outpost that the Red Veil rent out some space in.

2 hours ago, Darkeitel said:

Sooooo, because so many have many different questions about "Plains of Eidolon", i just gonna leave this here.
http://www.pcgamer.com/warframe-is-getting-an-open-world-mmo-like-area-heres-everything-you-need-to-know/

So that's not really open world, but a large instance that supports up to 4 players? I was wondering how will they approach the problem of other people wrecking the base before you reach it.

2 hours ago, Darkeitel said:

Sooooo, because so many have many different questions about "Plains of Eidolon", i just gonna leave this here.
http://www.pcgamer.com/warframe-is-getting-an-open-world-mmo-like-area-heres-everything-you-need-to-know/

So that's not really open world, but a large instance that supports up to 4 players? I was wondering how will they approach the problem of other people wrecking the base before you reach it.

Edit: Uh-oh, someone delete this please.

Edited by Kethus

36 minutes ago, Yeselectro said:

I've been in this game for 3/3,5 years and FINALLY we get to feel free as we're naked towards a mild breeze!

Oh, oh, i go first:

I'm thinking of (arguably) the surface of Eris as something like a place where there are survivors of infestation attacks

ooooh, then we could have major planned assaults on Tyl Regor labs underwater! Like, a campaign!

Then we could have inter-derelict wars against stuff like Golem or other factions like Grineer etc. What i mean by inter-derelict; an area -in the derelict section of navigation- where tenno vs tenno/grineer/corpus/orokin/infestation etc. would fight for a prize that can be done, i dunno, monthly?

i'm out

ALL of the sentient units are part of hunhow, so yeas that is hunhow, just not all of him.

38 minutes ago, Yeselectro said:

Oh, oh, i go first:

i'm out

That thing in trailer is one of Eidolon , an ancient race of peacekeepers. Not a sentient or Hunhow himself.

Edited by Aeon94

3 minutes ago, Kethus said:

I personally prefer the term "Mega-instance" to "open world" myself.