The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)OnValkyrieWings said:

During Tennocon, Steve said that the build they were having Rebeca and Megan play was pretty well done and polished, but had yet to fix a bug where when someone would die, the game would crash.

So it seems that end of summer, sometime around august or september does seem pretty accurate and more than reasonable if they're looking to get the update in before the holiday rush sets in.

Now the question SHOULD be when are we getting Excal Ubra because everybody went insane, absolute bonkers when they pulled the bait and switch.

Umbra?

November on PC, December on consoles.

Just keep in mind that PC will be getting Umbra just as consoles get PoE in November.

6 minutes ago, Trommald said:

How obsolete will this make traditional warframe?

none, because the traditional of warframe was really you were pose to fight other warframe that was the basicly the same way it was from the start.  Then again they remove it and made into game grineer and so on enemies stuff, you know how it started from doing mission to mission, they remade the map all over again about more then one time.  they remade the solar map about 3 times, still made the players confused what the heck is going on, and remade a lot things while the game was going.

It was originally small what distaster, but from that out come it wasn't traditional at all, what is traditional was the missions and it had not change at all for its mission to do what.  Mission to get food, mission protect and so on endless of these stuff.  Not really obsolete speak about because the game basicly just being remade again to see where warframe will fit in mind.

I doubt consoles will see it this year, DE said they would push for a 2017 release on PC but the chances of it happening are quite slim, and then there's the cert process for us to take into account. if we're super lucky we might get it just before Christmas, but I wouldn't hype until they confirm a date, which wont be for a while.

On 9.7.2017 at 2:03 AM, Rogue_Striker said:

I believe they said they've been working on it secretly for 6 months, I think that's enough time to get the basics polished up.

Don't get me wrong, but they worked an entire year on TWW and we all know how that turned out.

3 hours ago, Trommald said:

How obsolete will this make traditional warframe?

It's a single map, it's not going to make the rest of the game obsolete. 

It's just a map, not an open world rpg game. I doubtt there'll be much depth to it beyond random mid-level missions and the same kaiju fight over and over again. 

It's like asking if trials make WF obsolete.

Edited by Hypernaut1

On July 23, 2017 at 7:38 PM, (Xbox One)creeper1242 said:

Just wondering since I couldn't find the exact release date when I surfed the web for info. If anyone knows when it will be releasing please tell me I would like to know.

Consoles I would not expect before Feb or March.  PC?  Merry Christmas.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

On 7/24/2017 at 11:53 AM, PoisonHD said:

I'm assuming this fall, they said before Christmas, and they would like to get it late summer, so I am assuming mid fall. Consoles will probably be by Christmas if it's released then

I live in New Zealand. What month is the American autumn/late summer? 

1 hour ago, Arniox said:

I live in New Zealand. What month is the American autumn/late summer? 

Here in the states late summer to early autumn would be around late August to early October. Hopefully the update comes out sooner than later, though. And with not too many problems at that.

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)OnValkyrieWings said:

During Tennocon, Steve said that the build they were having Rebeca and Megan play was pretty well done and polished, but had yet to fix a bug where when someone would die, the game would crash.

Apparently, the glitch was caused specifically by dying while holding an Ostron weapon. According to Steve's Twitter, it was fixed shortly after Tennocon ended.

On 7/26/2017 at 5:52 PM, Culaio said:

exactly same is indeed impossible as you say but VERY similar in many cases is very possible(mars is one of planets that could be VERY similar to earth), orokin for a people that had amazing almost godlike technology they were pretty bad at terraforming I mean even current people believe that making mars earth like planet is very real possibility., scientists have pretty much answer for all problems related to terraformation of mars, including lack of magnetosphere.

Terraformed mars could pretty much look like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terraforming_of_Mars#/media/File:TerraformedMarsGlobeRealistic.jpg

EDIT: and here is theoretical terrfaormation of venus assuing its rotation speed wasnt speed up(which is why its clouds have such weird shape):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terraforming_of_Venus#/media/File:TerraformedVenus.jpg

Perhaps after the Collapse of the empire, Mars regressed back to a desert. I mean, there is still water on Mars, and vegetation, so it might have been a more lush place during the Orokin era.

Well, I can't say I'm satisfied with anything they've said and shown about Plains of Eidolon on the Devstream. It just doesn't look like there will be much substance to this open world at all. It's kinda just Warframe: Monster Hunter edition. They can't even figure out how to make the Plains work for new and old players, even though other successful open world games have this problem solved. Of course, they're going to have that problem when the Plains are solely built around the Eidolon. If they'd make it more of an open world, with some of the things mentioned here, then they wouldn't have to worry about whether or not new players will be able to play at night, because this wouldn't just be about Eidolons. It'd be about dealing with enemies of various levels and difficulties.

And then there's the issue of interactivity. There doesn't seem to be much of it in the Plains. Seems like the list of things to do will be 1) kill Grineer for some quest/contract, 2) explore cave, 3) hop in archwing, 4) fish, and 5) fight the Eidolon. No mention of interaction between different factions mentioned. No mention of interaction with various means of travel in the environment. No mention of various AI behavior and activities in the Plains. No mention of motion-capturing animations (to facilitate a smoother, more immersive free roam experience). Sigh.

Sigh. If PoE is just an open exploratory space and isn't an actual open world experience, then I honestly don't give a crap about it.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

2 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

They can't even figure out how to make the Plains work for new and old players, even though other successful open world games have this problem solved

Interesting. What multiplayer game with a system such as Warframe with the vast difference in power between a new and old player has this problem solved and how did they solve it? If you say anything relating to the enemies scaling with the squad or the squad scaling with the enemies then, no, they haven't solved it. We're talking a daytime intended for everyone and a night time intended for only advanced players.

You seem very book smart, that's for sure, but you also seem to have expectations so through the roof that you're willing to delude yourself into thinking that systems like this are universal to every game and that there shouldn't be a single hitch because, "someone else did it once."

35 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Interesting. What multiplayer game with a system such as Warframe with the vast difference in power between a new and old player has this problem solved and how did they solve it? If you say anything relating to the enemies scaling with the squad or the squad scaling with the enemies then, no, they haven't solved it. We're talking a daytime intended for everyone and a night time intended for only advanced players.

You seem very book smart, that's for sure, but you also seem to have expectations so through the roof that you're willing to delude yourself into thinking that systems like this are universal to every game and that there shouldn't be a single hitch because, "someone else did it once."

First of all, you can have daytime and nighttime designed for both new and old players, with daytime featuring more regular enemies and nighttime featuring more advanced high-level enemies. You can have that without trying to lock new players out of the nighttime gameplay. If new players want to try to take on the Eidolon (as well as other more advanced Grineer enemies) then they can. It. Is. Not. That. Hard.

I get it: you love Warframe and DE so much that you can't imagine any situation where DE could be wrong about something. I truly get that. If DE says it's impossible, then it's impossible. If DE says it's a challenge, then it's a challenge. Because DE's the best developer in the industry, right? So if they can't do it, then no one can. And anyone who says otherwise is just "deluded." Did I get that right?

I've played a hell of a lot of games, including many open world games, I can tell you for a fact that other games don't have this problem. DE should start by not trying to lock out new players from content by not designing their game to appeal to different players at night and day. The solution, in case it's still not plainly clear to you, is to simply let all players experience daytime and nighttime. The Eidolon will still be challenging, yes, but new players should still have the opportunity to try to fight it. If this whole issue is because DE wants to require operators to beat the Eidolon, then they should stop right there, because Operators are so unpopular that players aren't going to want to do that anyway. And even if it is Operator only, their problem is still solved by making the Plains of Eidolon about more than just the damn Eidolon. If DE would focus on giving players a full open world experience, then there should still be things for players to do even at night time, even with the Eidolon roaming around. No, that isn't a hard concept to understand if they're actually trying to make an open world feature. It's a hard thing to understand if they're just trying to make another gimmicky feature.

You seem very smart, so I don't think this is hard for you to understand. You might not want to admit it out of fear of implying that DE is wrong, but I think you're smart enough to understand what I'm saying. Please correct me if I'm wrong on that assumption, and I'll be happy to explain further so that you fully comprehend what I'm saying.

On 7/19/2017 at 5:16 AM, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Plains of Eidolon Realizing the Open Landscape

-Snip-

I would like to have Grineer/Ostron/etc. legendary weapons instead of the very typical orokin weapons. Imagine a legendary grineer sniper or cannon...  as for the Martian colony, I believe Phobos would be the perfect blueprint for that landscape. Movement is VERY clunky and also quite boring. I would love to see this changed in PoE as well. A lot of your suggestions sound similar to Dying Light, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, and other games, which is a very, very good idea. I think all game devs should take ideas from other games to improve their own, respectively. Pets do need a bigger role, and I would love to see more alien life forms as well. The Kavat in the img you have in your OP looks more like a alien goblin, and I was honestly quite hyped for a bit until i realized it was just a kavat. I think we need airiel, water, and ground based companions. Weapon crafting does have massive potential, lets hope they actually use your ideas because they're quite brilliant

13 hours ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Perhaps after the Collapse of the empire, Mars regressed back to a desert. I mean, there is still water on Mars, and vegetation, so it might have been a more lush place during the Orokin era.

But wasnt Orokin terraformation technology was build to last, I mean codex entry about venus says this : "Hidden and entrenched in the mountainous peaks of Venus, the Corpus practice their industrious craft. the superstructures built here are a testament to the inventive Corpus engineers that have settled in regions where lingering Orokin technologies still moderates surface temperatures."

Also another weird thing, planet venus in game when looked at from landing ship has brown color(which it doesnt when we are on planet surface), which doesnt make sense, yes I know that  atmosphere can affect how we see planet from the outside because of how it scatter light but we should still see something from the inside of atmosphere.

2 hours ago, ganjou234 said:

I hope they place some sense of neutrality sometimes. Like some grineer patrol saying, "back off or we'll shoot!", or "you're not supposed to be here! leave or we'll fire!". Maybe on some areas?

In this type of enviroment I would also want to see that but we also shouldnt forget about lore, something like this would more likely happen from corpus then grineer, since grineer in general show blind faith in their queen(which is shown by the fact that they dont seem to care that they are cloned over and over again), most of grineer that could actually do something like this are smart enough to become deserters and join steel meridian.

Maybe if lore showed grineer who arent trigger happy I could accept that but sadly currently it would be hard to imagine.

On 7/27/2017 at 8:55 PM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Consoles I would not expect before Feb or March.  PC?  Merry Christmas.

Consoles are usually only a month behind PC(Chains of Harrow came out about a month prior to console). So, i expect us consolites to get it at January maybe Feb at the latest. Then again, looking at their dev stream, they managed to build what we saw in a few months so, I'm hoping they get it out by November for PC. 

Just now, (PS4)Spydey01 said:

Consoles are usually only a month behind PC(Chains of Harrow came out about a month prior to console). So, i expect us consolites to get it at January maybe Feb at the latest. Then again, looking at their dev stream, they managed to build what we saw in a few months so, I'm hoping they get it out by November for PC. 

I typically add 60-90 days to a major "scheduled" release date and then add 30 days for consoles beyond that.

Especially with something as expansive as PoE.