The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

The more info that is released, the more it looks like Sentients are inorganic versions of John Carpenter's "THE THING". 

They climb the technological  ladder vs the evolutionary one.

Void energy distorts/corrupts the laws of physics/energy in our universe and therefore is poisonous.

Instead of turning them into a carbon brick like fire does the thing, it makes them into a bricked computer.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

7 hours ago, SilvaDreams said:

I think the problem for you is, it's all too human. You wanted the Sentients to be some big bad alien like in Independence Day but they were just the first of the Orokin sentient races that rebelled, they were even winning till the Orokin deployed us, things they despised almost as much as the Sentients. Only they built rules, honor and a virtual religion around us and thus themselves.

We eventually fought the Sentients to a stand still, only for them to employ a agent which pushed us to see the ugly truth of our "golden gods" and how twisted they truly were, and Hunhow even playing dead allowing himself to go down. And at the right moment we killed our false gods and at the critical moment when Natah was suppose to destroy us she saw herself and her own people in us and could not bring herself to destroy these poor abused and torched children that had been used as just another tool by the Orokin.

As for the Queens... Well again you expected some high royalty... But you found the same rot that hadn't died with the Orokin, only their madness had been pushed further stuck using bodies that were breaking down from the beginning because while they knew things being born to family in the know they only knew so much and weren't scientists.

I have a theory that the game's final twist is that Sentients evolved to form an Eden of peace and tranquility and love in the Tau System.

Sentients like Natah and Hunhow are these peaceful beings who literally sacrifice their place in society and volunteer to become these techno-evolved monsters to protect Tau-Eden and are cast out forever.

Once they have passed through the Void/Rails, this military form becomes a permanent, poisoned reality for them.

The great choice at the end of the game is going to be finding Tau-Eden at the same time as the Grineer, Corpus, etc. and then deciding:

1.  Protect them.

2.  Destroy them.

3.  Leave them to the mercy of the other Factions by doing nothing.

We will have mounts as well as Archwing. 

Then mechas. 

Then giant bosses which are giant even for the mechas. 

Then the mechas will combine into a bigger mecha to fight that. 

By this time, maps will get cramped again.

Then DE will release Plains of Plains of Eidolon for larger maps for giant mecha fights.

15 minutes ago, BrazilianJoe said:

We will have mounts as well as Archwing. 

Then mechas. 

Then giant bosses which are giant even for the mechas. 

Then the mechas will combine into a bigger mecha to fight that. 

By this time, maps will get cramped again.

Then DE will release Plains of Plains of Eidolon for larger maps for giant mecha fights.

And power Rangers skins too!

Just now, BrazilianJoe said:

Maybe you were expecting a Winx discussion rather than a Power Rangers discussion?

OH GOD WHY DID YOU HAVE TO REMIND ME OF THAT, GOD WTF WHY DID I USE TO WATCH THAT I'M A FREAKING GUY OHMYGOD I FEEL SO ASHAMED OH GOD THE HORROR AAAAHHH

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

1 minute ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

OH GOD WHY DID YOU HAVE TO REMIND ME OF THAT, GOD WTF WHY DID I USE TO WATCH THAT I'M A FREAKING GUY OHMYGOD I FEEL SO ASHAMED OH GOD THE HORROR AAAAHHH

Most prepubescent boys did secretly watch it (me included) , partially/mostly for the vague curvaceousness of the characters. Or, as Cephalon Shy would put it: 

On 27/9/2017 at 2:49 PM, BornWithTeeth said:

@phoenix1992

I mean, you get that what I'm saying is not "I dislike the writing because it ruined my headcanon," but rather "I dislike the writing because the tone is inconsistent, the antagonists are presented as weird, gimmicky, comic relief villains, and big setting elements keep being introduced in ways which are mysterious and menacing but which never live up to their introduction because the writing refuses to go all in and commit to genuinely interesting science fiction ideas."

Yes?

"Genuinely interesting sci-fi ideas" 

You know that; that is your... opinion? Dont try to pass it off as a fact man. 

And of course the antagonists are weird, they should be in order to be consistent with an unknown future. Gimmicky? Naah. Comic relief... is hunhow a comic relief? Is the stalker one? The old queen? Phorid? Lephantis? Rell? Jordas? Teshin? 

The only truly misterious and menacing introduction of an enemy was the hunhow and sentients introduction; and they actually lived up to the tone. 

Edited by mstriker

To the point, IF (and that's a hard IF) we can use our primary or secondary weapons while flying our archwing through Plains of Eidolon, what would your build be? 

Honestly, I'm sure many have already thought of it, I'd definitely use my Itzal with Vectis Prime! 

IF we can use abilities with our archwing, just go invisible with itzal at a high point in the sky, and start sniping with my Vectis Prime! Would be absolutely hilarious! 

What ideas do you guys have IF this can be possible?

Ps. Thank you to my friend@Makuta_Nazofor pointing that idea out on Twitter!